State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

it's pathetic TBH, he tried his arse off, he is not performing in the big moments but the personal stuff because we lost a game of footy is weak as piss.

Maybe I missed it but where are the personal attacks? It's not really a personal attack if he's being insulted for the way he played, and lets face it, he played like a busted arsehole.

But it's oh so very nice that he tried his best. Lets give him a shield to hold anyway shall we? Because everyone deserves something. As long as nobody got hurt and everybody had fun, that's what this is all about isn't it?

Bollocks. If last night didn't prove to the fanboys that Ben Hunt is not a big game player I don't know what will. He just doesn't have the strings to his bow to be elite.

But anyway, congratulations to NSW, they have a hell of a team to build on.

Holmes, Chambers, Gagai, Munster, Wallace, Cooper, Kaufusi, McGuire, Papalli and Hess need to buy Hunt a beer. They're all somehow escaping criticism despite also doing **** all last night.

Holmes, Chambers, Gagai, Munster, Wallace, Cooper, Kaufusi, McGuire, Papalli and Hess need to buy Hunt a beer. They're all somehow escaping criticism despite also doing **** all last night.
Holmes Gagai McGuire & Munster were good and had a hand in why we were so close to winning last night.
Papa gets a pass for game 1.
Chambers & Wallace have been heavily and fairly criticised. But hunt should rightly shoulder the blame, the penalty, dropped balls & bad kicks killed us. Just as surely as they did in 2015z

Holmes Gagai McGuire & Munster were good and had a hand in why we were so close to winning last night.
Papa gets a pass for game 1.
Chambers & Wallace have been heavily and fairly criticised. But hunt should rightly shoulder the blame, the penalty, dropped balls & bad kicks killed us. Just as surely as they did in 2015z
Hunt was directly involved in two of our tries! He started the play that led the Gagai's try by drawing in their defence and set up Chambers in the 2nd half. Munster did **** all but run sideways and pass as soon as he got the ball and put up the bombs everyone bitches about when Hunt does them. Gagai allowed JAC to step inside and score their first try, Holmes shouldn't even be there and McGuire was his normal self which I am actually ok with.

This is the type of bullshit people should dispute but won't because they'll look like they're supporting Hunt. Hunt did far more than Munster who should not be there either. Hunt was shit but so were ten others out there.

Holmes, Gagai, McGuire, Papalii & Munster deserve no criticism, if everyone else did their job as well as those 5 in the first 2 games we'd be up 2-0.

Chambers & Wallace have copped plenty from everyone, and rightly so, I wanted Chambers dropped after Game 1 and would strongly advocate dropping them both for Game 3. I said before Game 1 that Cooper was an awful selection, stand by it, useless player. Kaufusi & Hess have also been a lot worse than I expected, but with Gillett not being healthy, there's virtually no other options unfortunately.

Which leaves our guy Benjamin Hunt, unfortunately for that lad, there is several other options we can test out, and I'm pretty confident we will, thankfully I think we've seen the last of him in a Maroons jersey.

Taylor and Ponga are two different people who defend in very different parts of the field. Nobody knew how Ponga would go because he defends at the back but we know full well that Taylor can't tackle at any level because we see this week in, week out. Add him to the rest of the team who are missing tackles left, right and centre and see what happens. I disagree the kicking was what we missed most. The missed tackles played a bigger part in our losses.

Please sell me on why Taylor should be playing. I'm tired of people saying he should be there when he's been 4th or 5th best QLD half this year. Maloney being a shit defender isn't a good enough reason to add Taylor to a team that already struggles to defend. We already have too many players in the QLD team who are doing nothing at NRL level. Who would protect him?

Taylor has a good kicking game and imo is a more creative half than Hunt. He just has more control in the parts of his game where we probably needed Hunt to be strong in last night. For example, i dont see Ash kicking the ball dead under little pressure like Hunt did at a crucial time last night. I think his game would compliment Munster better than Hunt or Milford. I also think his performances in the NRL for the Titans suffer to a point by playing for a fairly poor team compared to say Hunt or Cleary who play behind good packs.

At the moment, we simply just dont have any good half backs that are demanding selection for QLD so i personally think we need to pick one who will compliment Munster the best. The missed tackles i personally think are an issue, agree with you on that one so we need to pick our best option even if they miss tackles. I'm not saying Ash is going to be the saviour, he has faults and plenty he needs to work on, but i just dont see Hunt, DCE, Milf or even Norman slotting in next to Munster and working with him as well as Ash would imo.

I still think Kevvie will stick with Hunt for game 3, but he is one, along with quite a few others, who are going to need huge games at Suncorp to keep their origin careers alive. I'm just starting to think the big games havent been kind to Hunt, and the reason for it is he just cant handle big moments in big games.

Last edited:
Hunt was directly involved in two of our tries! He started the play that led the Gagai's try by drawing in their defence and set up Chambers in the 2nd half. Munster did **** all but run sideways and pass as soon as he got the ball and put up the bombs everyone bitches about when Hunt does them. Gagai allowed JAC to step inside and score their first try, Holmes shouldn't even be there and McGuire was his normal self which I am actually ok with.

This is the type of bullshit people should dispute but won't because they'll look like they're supporting Hunt. Hunt did far more than Munster who should not be there either. Hunt was shit but so were ten others out there.

Hunt cost QLD the game with his attacking choices in the last ten minutes (along with Chambers) yes or no?

I am truly sorry, when I listed the Ben Hunt apologists on here last night, I forgot to add you - the king.

Munster took his medicine when he had to, Hunt shuffled the ball and kicked when under pressure.

Say anything you want about the rest of the game (and no doubt, lots of QLD's players could have been better) - but when the game was in the balance, Hunt choked. And he was the fucking number 7.

Hunt cost QLD the game with his attacking choices in the last ten minutes (along with Chambers) yes or no?

I am truly sorry, when I listed the Ben Hunt apologists on here last night, I forgot to add you - the king.

Munster took his medicine when he had to, Hunt shuffled the ball and kicked when under pressure.

Say anything you want about the rest of the game (and no doubt, lots of QLD's players could have been better) - but when the game was in the balance, Hunt choked. And he was the fucking number 7.
Just read everything I've said and tell me where I said Hunt was anything other than bad? You blokes see what you want to see and never dispute what I say. I'll make it easy for you.

Hunt= bad
10 others= bad

Who is saying Hunt played well? I did say he was involved in two tries. Munster was not. It's fucking pretty simple.

Just read everything I've said and tell me where I said Hunt was anything other than bad? You blokes see what you want to see and never dispute what I say. I'll make it easy for you.

Hunt= bad
10 others= bad

Who is saying Hunt played well? I did say he was involved in two tries. Munster was not. It's fucking pretty simple.

I asked you whether or not Hunt's decision making cost QLD the game - pretty simple. The answer is too.

Munster was better than Hunt over all - because Munster didn't cost QLD the game and the series.

36049435_10156527007321810_7124641640668463104_n.jpg

Hunt= bad
10 others= bad

10 others = not bad, you're just saying that to try and make your argument look non-silly, which unfortunately it is.

Chambers & Wallace were really the only other 2 who rivalled Hunt's shitness last night, both of whom should, and hopefully will be dropped along with your wonder boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor has a good kicking game and imo is a more creative half than Hunt. He just has more control in the parts of his game where we probably needed Hunt to be strong in last night. For example, i dont see Ash kicking the ball dead under little pressure like Hunt did at a crucial time last night. I think his game would compliment Munster better than Hunt or Milford. I also think his performances in the NRL for the Titans suffer to a point by playing for a fairly poor team compared to say Hunt or Cleary who play behind good packs.

At the moment, we simply just dont have any good half backs that are demanding selection for QLD so i personally think we need to pick one who will compliment Munster the best. The missed tackles i personally think are an issue, agree with you on that one so we need to pick our best option even if they miss tackles. I'm not saying Ash is going to be the saviour, he has faults and plenty he needs to work on, but i just dont see Hunt, DCE, Milf or even Norman slotting in next to Munster and working with him as well as Ash would imo.

I still think Kevvie will stick with Hunt for game 3, but he is one, along with quite a few others, who are going to need huge games at Suncorp to keep their origin careers alive. I'm just starting to think the big games havent been kind to Hunt, and the reason for it is he just cant handle big moments in big games.

If hunt does in fact get one last chance to perform in game 3, he's gonna crumble yet again from that pressure alone. He needs Widdop

You guys think Taylor can learn how to tackle before game 3?

Lockyer was criticised constantly throughout his career about his defence.....If a half's attack and game management can outweigh his deficiencies in defence, he's worth looking at.

I still think it's expecting too much from Roberts to simply just pass it to him early and pray for a miracle. A centre can only be as damaging as his halves allow him to be. Imagine how deadly Roberts would be playing outside Lockyer.

Also up against one of the all time greats mind you.

1. Slater (c)
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Napa
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Ponga
15. Wallace
16. Joe O
17. Papalii

This is what should happen, but won't. Wallace deserves demotion to the bench as a shot across the bow, get McGuire out of Lock and back into Prop and give Arrow and Joe O their due. I don't think much of Inglis as captain. He has a bit of Boyd about him when shit doesn't go his way. Slater showed a lot more leadership and effort last night.

Regardless, QLD's stocks are suddenly looking very thin following the retirement of the Immortals. This is pretty much the best side we can field at this time and it's several degrees of magnitude worse than what we've come to expect over the dynasty period, especially in the front row. God damn does it suck compared to the Blues. The injury to Gillett has not helped matters either.

I guess it was always bound to happen, and personally I think the timing serves Broncos fans well. It's time to put Origin on the shelf and focus on what matters, the Provan Summons.

Gillett for Cooper eventually.When you take JT out of the setting, Cooper is pretty fucken usless.

Wallace? Geez I dunno. I've never thought of him as much more than an average plodder, much in the same vein as Ben Hannant. What else have we got.....

My short term memory prohibits me recalling TPJ's position in SOO selection. I'm assuming there's something stopping him from being spoken of?

**** this personality shit with DCE. If we have to throw all the halfbacks name in a hat, let it be his name called out. He is the best credentialed. Good kicking game....game manages well, probably the most like for like comparison with Thurston that we have right now. Munster or Milford could thrive with him around.....

edit: Dane Gagai worries me in the centres.

Last edited:
Why would you drop Papalii?

I think he should be backrow or bust , glasby is a solid middle forward that can play decent minutes. Paired with offa and hess for impact , to be fair it's a coin toss between hess and papa . Both have been quite really! I'd also have McGuire start at prop and arrow at lock.

Gillett for Cooper eventually.When you take JT out of the setting, Cooper is pretty fucken usless.

Wallace? Geez I dunno. I've never thought of him as much more than an average plodder, much in the same vein as Ben Hannant. What else have we got.....

My short term memory prohibits me recalling TPJ's position in SOO selection. I'm assuming there's something stopping him from being spoken of?

**** this personality shit with DCE. If we have to throw all the halfbacks name in a hat, let it be his name called out. He is the best credentialed. Good kicking game....game manages well, probably the most like for like comparison with Thurston that we have right now. Munster or Milford could thrive with him around.....

edit: Dane Gagai worries me in the centres.

If TPJ wanted to play Origin it would be with the Blues, but he rejected them for Tonga. Thank **** for that I say.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.