State Of Origin - General Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Isn't any of these threads up and about, figured I'd make one.

DCE? He's playing super well at the moment, looks to be in career best shape & career best form. I think he's got the inside rail for the open #7 jersey for Queensland. Very doubtful we enter Origin 1 with a Munster & Morgan halves pairing, there's simply not enough game management or kicking ability between the two.

I think we'll see another Queensland great moved on from this year, no room for Darius in that back line unfortunately. If the side was being picked tomorrow, I think this would be it, but I'm desperately hoping we can find someone better than Glasby for the last bench spot before Origin 1 comes around, possibly someone like Arrow if he keeps running for 200m per game like it's nothing.

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Morgan
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Munster
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Glasby

Do not under-estimate the Freddy factor this year.

Watching his post match interviews, it is striking his attention to little details.. For example, on Friday night he was making a lot of enquiries about players like Mclean and TPJ. And especially giving attention to off field things - eg to Paul Green -- "how's Mclean settling in, how's his kids and family life doing?" "how's he fitting into new structures" etc.

He's going to get a team with zero dickheads and fully focussed. The Turbo brothers are another major worry.

Pass on DCE for me (the Mitchell Pearce of QLD). 6. Munster, 7. Morgan, 14. Milf/Hunt.

Do not under-estimate the Freddy factor this year.

Watching his post match interviews, it is striking his attention to little details.. For example, on Friday night he was making a lot of enquiries about players like Mclean and TPJ. And especially giving attention to off field things - eg to Paul Green -- "how's Mclean settling in, how's his kids and family life doing?" "how's he fitting into new structures" etc.

He's going to get a team with zero dickheads and fully focussed. The Turbo brothers are another major worry.

Pass on DCE for me (the Mitchell Pearce of QLD). 6. Munster, 7. Morgan, 14. Milf/Hunt.

Agree about Freddy, I'm worried about what team he'll field this year, think it's going to be dangerous.

Disagree completely with your assessment of DCE being the Pearce of QLD, he's had 6 games for Queensland in total, and in only ONE of those games did he start, the other 5 were off the bench, Pearce has started 18 games for NSW, completely different ballpark, I think DCE would thrive next to Morgan this year.

What sort of squad do we think Freddy will name? I actually haven't got a clue, he's got a million different ways he could go for each position, I'll go through the squads in a bit and name the 17 I think he'll go with.

Queensland halves will be

6. Munster
7. Morgan

14. Milford

In my opinion. Can see DCE missing out.

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. James Roberts
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Nathan Peats
10. Tyson Frizell
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Jordan McLean
17. Paul Vaughan

Expecting something like this

A fresh Milf coming on for Queensland in the last 25 minutes would be electric for Queensland imo.

There's still a bit of footy to be played between now and Origin.

Both of those sides look strong @Unbreakable

I'm one of those folk that aren't overly sold on Napa as yet

Any thoughts on who else might get the 10?

Both of those sides look strong @Unbreakable

I'm one of those folk that aren't overly sold on Napa as yet

Any thoughts on who else might get the 10?

Napa went went last year, I don't see how you leave him out.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Michael Morgan
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Papalii/Aidan Guerra
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Anthony Milford
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Coen Hess
17. Tim Glasby/Aidan Guerra/Josh Papalii

I think this will be the side for Game 1. Possibly Guerra starting with Papalii coming off the bench as another prop.

I cannot see Holmes keeping his spot with Inglis back. Boyd will take that left wing spot, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

Cameron Munster will keep the 5/8 spot because of his debut last year. Morgan will get first crack at 7.

Walters and the selectors are big on loyalty. I think they will go with this side for the first game, and if they lose, possibly make some changes with the likes of Daly coming in.

Walters has confirmed that Munster and Morgan have the inside running on the halves spots.

Do you think if Lodge was a Queenslander he would probably be the first Queensland player booed in Brisbane for SOO by Queensland supporters.

Do you think if Lodge was a Queenslander he would probably be the first Queensland player booed in Brisbane for SOO by Queensland supporters.

Nah. Hardly anyone was booing at Suncorp last week. And after he was first introduced, no one gave a crap.

I'd be very, very worried if our opening halves partnership is Munster & Morgan.

I really like them both as footy players and they both deserve to be in the 17, but I'm just not sold on either of them being capable of reliably leading us around the footy field for a whole series. I might change my mind over the next few months if Morgan continues to play the same way as last season and Munster improves his kicking, but at this point in time, I think I'd prefer Morgan & DCE with Munster in the 14.

Yeah, I think DCE has to come into calculations this year, provided he keeps up his form.

DCE does not have the Origin mentality, besides being a prick I don't ever want to see near the maroon jersey.
He would just be another Pearce... competent at club level, but not good enough for higher demands.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • kiwi2
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Skyblues87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • upthebroncs
  • HarryAllan7
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.