State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it on Reddit. Which has about 2000 comments on it now so it's not an easy task to go back and find it. I don't need to make up things like this, the grubs do it for me.
No problem

Can't really give Taylor wraps, but Gillett had some nice touches. Dropped a few balls, but he made quite a few strong runs, poking his nose through the line, and played huge minutes.
Gillett probably had to play more minutes because Scott was injured and Parker was out

I suppose after 8 years, they're bound to carry on. This is probably what qld needed to come back to reality and start blooding some rookies

Slater - Was good again but Cleary hampered by the shoulder injury and did not have the same support play and impact as usual.
Boyd - Was his usual solid self but would love to see him do more work.
Inglis - Tried his butt off, I don't care what anyone says, he gave it his best with limited opportunities and may well be time to put him at fullback and shift Slater to wing if Tate is gone.
Hodges - Looked dangerous all night, losing Tate completely stuffed up our attack plan.
Tate - Made an error, looked dangerous, possibly ended his career, pretty screwed up night.
Thurston - He tried but wasn't the same after being belted early and injured.
DCE - Looked ok but no team training showed, should have had a penalty try, will never see a clearer example.
Scott - What happened? Injured? Get eaten by a shark?
Smith - Played his heart out, great service just couldn't buy a marker penalty.
Myles - Ned Kelly is an intimidator, another big performance.
Guerra - Where was the line running? He was average.
Gillett - Yes he dropped a ball but he was also one of is best making incisive runs, offloads and bone jarring defense, just needs to learn a big hit is nothing if it doesn't sot a player.
Thaiday - Man we missed him, should have arguable had a try. In fact the Inglis principal means it was a try.

McQueen - Better than origin 1 but that doesn't mean much.
Teo - Tried very hard and was pretty good mostly but missed the telling tackle that lead to the match winner.
Lillyman - Did he play? Hunt should have had his spot after all. Time for McGuire, plan for the future.
Taylor - I thought he was good, did the hard yards in the middle, made a mistake but deserves another shot.

I want to see what happens to watmough at the judiciary. Downgraded, and released without suspension?

Come on you guys, we were robbed. NSW were allowed to slow down the play the ball just as much as they liked. All Bird or Haynes had to do was drop the ball when playing the ball to milk a penalty . Who were the video refs tonight.? What about Gallens swinging arm on Slater? As if the video refs didn't see Woods touch the ball on the kick off! We were up against 17 men if you include the two refs and the video refs. Sure we could have executed better but we were the better side tonight so go easy on the boys. The only disappointment I have isTaylor's stupid turnover pass.We have to have one ref from Qld and one from NSW and same goes for the video refs. Please remember Video ref Luke Pattern was absolutely OK with Gallens unprovoked assault on Myles last year.And I think I counted about 5 forward passes from Farrer at dummy half. Hayne the ref was NSW man of the match.

Well that was one terrible game but in the end I didn't care how the shield came home just as long as it did. Congrats to the Maroons dynasty that will go down in history without a doubt and well done to them on 2 massive games.

Unfortunately, you won't see another dynasty like this again.

If one does happen, NSW have a better chance of doing it.

Look at their depth and look at ours. They have the wood on us.

we really lost focus twice. after thaidays disallowed try and rates injury.

Look at their depth and look at ours. They have the wood on us.

Definitely, but would be interesting to see if that changes if meninga ever wakes up and starts a handful of new guys, McGuire, Milford, Hunt etc

If NSW think they're about to start another dynasty they got another thing coming. Woods is the only forward under 30. Qld gave their players the chance to keep the streak going. I can't see too many changes for game 3, but there will most likely be a turnover (or changing of the guard) next year.

Taylor was shit, so shit. Should never have been recalled, McQueen was also pretty bloody shit and should never have been there. Thurston is starting to struggle and DCE had some shocker decisions in the second. All in all we set ourselves up for this with some terribad selections.

It would have been nice to have Falou and/or Khunt out there tonight. Fucking AFL. We've had a lot of great players come and go over the years, off of the top of my head: Lockyer, Price, Civoniceva, Falou, Khunt, Yow Yeh etc that contributed a great deal to our run. It had to happen eventually, I am just horrified that it was on the back of insipid referring.

Taylor was ****, so ****. Should never have been recalled, McQueen was also pretty bloody **** and should never have been there. Thurston is starting to struggle and DCE had some shocker decisions in the second. All in all we set ourselves up for this with some terribad selections.

Actually Taylor was really good. Just made one mistake that turned the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kiwi2
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ras
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • LGH
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.