State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor was actually going quite well before he threw that pass to nobody. I was about to say to myself good coaching Mal before Taylor threw that. I hexed him.

Fucking blues supporters :P

I don't understand why they picked Taylor and played him through the middle. Lawrence or McGuire would have been more useful especially in the first half. He is just redundant in a team that has Gillett, Te'o, Guerra, Thaiday etc who can play on the edges. He gets into the team because the media constantly wanks over him.

I doubt that was the intention. Scott didn't come back on, someone had to go up the middle

Just came home from the game. Kinda glad it's over . It was ugly at the stadium, treatment of anyone in maroon was appalling, and a train trip home with a bunch of semi retarded blues fans. I've not been to origin in QLD , and I'm sure Qld fans can be bad but surely not that bad.

there is absolutely no way Thurston approaches Reynolds after the game to shake hands if that was said ... no way.

Yeah I apologise for that, I saw it on reddit in the live feed before I saw the handshake afterwards and I agree he wouldn't have gone near him if it was true.

Just came home from the game. Kinda glad it's over . It was ugly at the stadium, treatment of anyone in maroon was appalling, and a train trip home with a bunch of semi retarded blues fans. I've not been to origin in QLD , and I'm sure Qld fans can be bad but surely not that bad.

What was happening?

And qld get penalised for a bitch slap. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_62857760941453.jpg
    IMG_62857760941453.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 84
Taylor played great and should be there for game 3. That pass to the touchie was more mcqueens fault, Taylor had quick hands and McQueen was unmarked if he stayed there. Shouldn't have come in but that's what you get with a back rower on the sting.

Hodges dominated and ran for most metres of the Qlders.

unlucky but oh well, had to happen eventually.

They always have had the wood on us in the depth department.

I saw somewhere today that QLD has 25% of the NRL to choose from. While NSW wouldn't have the other 75% (Kiwis, Islanders, etc) it's probably close to 50%.

Or maybe it was QLD has 25% of Origin-eligible players, which could also be right.

Either way, a FAR smaller pool than the Blues. Yet we remain competitive.

What was happening?
There was an ugly desperation with the blues fans , there reaction when Tate was injured was appalling.
the was a lot taunting of maroons fans , shoulder dropping into maroon walking the opposite direction.Things any right minded person would be ashamed of. There seems to be win at all costs culture that has developed and aided by poor administration. This has filtered through to the fans.

Last edited:
Probably why it's good in a way that the streak has ended. The more qld won, the more desperate nsw got and the more dirty the play got, clearly

Probably why it's good in a way that the streak has ended. The more qld won, the more desperate nsw got and the more dirty the play got, clearly
Yes I said that exact thing to mate of mine. It was like losing 8 in a row was so unacceptable it was sending blues fans a little mad.

Watmough to miss three games with an early plea.

No doubt will fight it and be right to go next week.

IMO Thaiday was legitatmittly stripped of the ball when going for the line.He did not drop it as those dickhead nine commentators unamiosly declared ( including our sole Queenslander Vautin) he then fell on the ball and was in pretty much complete control of it , so why not a try? Because the video refs are a Blues men and any close decisions were always going their way. Games are won and lost on video refs calls to the refs ear phones. And we know what side of the fence they are on. Hayne the ref should for hence forth be given the treatment whenever he sets foot on Suncorp , the same as Macallum got in te 80s after he Robbed Alfie of a deadset try which would have won us the game back then. I can't understand why more people on this blog are not completely pissed off with the refereeing like me. Bugger it I'm going to bed.

Watmough to miss three games with an early plea.

No doubt will fight it and be right to go next week.

Bloody disgrace. Why not just cut the cord, nrl, and give them machine guns and shoot who they deem to be a grub. Wait, that'd be too obvious wouldn't it

C'mon. If the Thaiday try was reversed and it was a NSW player did the same thing I doubt we'd be saying, "yeah, fair enough that was a try."

IMO Thaiday was legitatmittly stripped of the ball when going for the line.He did not drop it as those dickhead nine commentators unamiosly declared ( including our sole Queenslander Vautin) he then fell on the ball and was in pretty much complete control of it , so why not a try? Because the video refs are a Blues men and any close decisions were always going their way. Games are won and lost on video refs calls to the refs ear phones. And we know what side of the fence they are on. Hayne the ref should for hence forth be given the treatment whenever he sets foot on Suncorp , the same as Macallum got in te 80s after he Robbed Alfie of a deadset try which would have won us the game back then. I can't understand why more people on this blog are not completely ****ed off with the refereeing like me. Bugger it I'm going to bed.

Completely agree. At the end of the day, complaining about the ref doesn't change the outcome. If the cows are robbed of a crucial game because a ref can't count to 5, what hope have we got..

But what shits me about the thaiday no try is that it wasn't the only time there was a good case for a strip. They were clearly trained to attempt to rake the ball because it happened over and over. So god help me if a nsw supporter dares tries to say we're whinging over that try because that controversy was far from a single occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.