Suncorp Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confetti's a health hazard!!!

Hoping nobody remembers that infamous photo of me that appeared EVERYWHERE in 2003-04 with me cheering loudly and a piece of confetti stuck on my lip!!!

Jeza23 said:
5.70 and 4.10 is pretty cheap Kris compared to sydney prices!

Its about 6 bucks for a beer here and 4.50 for a coke. Not to mention the food price haha, i paid 8.80 for a pie and chips at the game on friday night which took me all of about 5 minutes to eat haha

You brissy folk are getting off lightly. I would agree though that the nsw crowds are more rowdy than those in qld! Pull your finger out ay
Beers were actually $5.60 on Friday night so cheaper than Suncorp which is surprising. I'm pretty sure $5.60 is dearer than they were last year, but still not too bad considering what they probably could get away with. Having said that, that was for a VB and charging that much for something like that is a crime against humanity as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you could get spirits for $7!.

$5.70 for a watered-down mid strength which makes VB taste premium that is brewed 200m up the road. Can they blame that one on the cost of petrol or is it the drought?? The spirits here are half-shots in like 2 shots of coke mixer.

We were relatively the new team in town when we went to ANZ.Bring back the aluminium and more room between the seats,bit of good entertainment & a Qld cup game before the main game and we MAY get somewhere near the atmosphere we had at ANZ.

Another point is it depends on the team we are playing.Warriors for the 2nd year running have not been up to Suncorp.
Warriors,Saints,Dogs are the teams who really give the place atmosphere when we play them.The hate is there from both sides with the supporters.We dont really have it with the Cows but hoping it comes through with the Titans.

Where has all the Bronc chanting gone from the 'mike' man when we are down near the try line.There doesnt seem to be anyone geeing the crowd up.Before or during the game.

Newcastle dont turn up when their team is losing,Warriors who are used to winning pretty consistantley don't turn up when they are losing,so I dont buy the point of the winning all the time as a reason for the crowd noise.Every supporter loves to see their team winning and it doesnt matter how often they do it.That is when a lot of supporters jump on the bandwagon when the team they normally follow like the Lions eg are losing.

What are we supposed to do.LOSE so that people can make noise :shock:
May suprise you but a lot of people dont go to the footy to drink alcohol and dont see why that nor the price of it comes into it.

Kee said:
May suprise you but a lot of people dont go to the footy to drink alcohol and dont see why that nor the price of it comes into it.

Perhaps not alcohol (I certainly don't drink at the football), but food and drink generally is very expensive. And I like footy food.

This problem is readily on display at the Gabba too. I believe that Queenslanders have this "cheering is beyond my social standing" type attitude. When someone breaks away from the mould, they're seen as uncooth and a person of lesser class. I couldn't agree more with those who have said that one should be vocal and go off at the footy. That's always been my view icon_thumbs_u

Anyone up for an impromptu "Den like" supporting effort at Suncorp next season? [icon_wink

Not that this will ever be a reality with security being their usual unnecessary over-commanding selves [eusa_naugh

Kingdom For A Heart said:
Anyone up for an impromptu "Den like" supporting effort at Suncorp next season? [icon_wink

Not that this will ever be a reality with security being their usual unnecessary over-commanding selves [eusa_naugh

That's what I've been trying to get the BHQ Crew to be, mate, and it does grow there every year but unfortunately this is the only avenue we have to promote it.

Tried for ages to get a designated flag waving/supporters bay at Suncorp, but the Broncos weren't interested. See, The Black Zone made them big money, whereas we were just simple fans. *sigh*

Maybe now that The Black Zone is dead and buried, things will finally get on track?

I sure hope so - I'd love to have a group of 50-200 people decked out in the colour, choked with flags and banners and in fine voice. Whenever I try and start and chant, only 5 people join in with me [icon_thumbs_do

I know what you mean mate. Simple chants don't even work. I know the majority of the BHQ Crew are happy with their seating arrangements, but are there any areas of the stadium which could house more BHQ members. The problem being, that one needs to basically get a membership to sit with you guys in your current location. It's at least good in Sydney that there's GA and masses of people can sit in a big group together and do what they desire icon_thumbs_u

As with the mass commericalism of the club, the league and the stadium, the Queensland Cup is a fairly attractive option. Quality fixtures and fun times to be had icon_smile

Getting people to those fixtures is alot harder than the problems you raised in your last post though [icon_wink

mick! said:
Whenever I try and start and chant, only 5 people join in with me [icon_thumbs_do

And then 4
And then 3
And then 2
And then you're just left there chanting while everyone else stares at you.

Been there, done that.

Although catchy ones like "do your job" tend to get more involvement! [icon_lol1.

Living in Canberra I'm used to the rowdy Canberra crowds, (A drunk bloke sitting 5 seats away) theres no one at the games but boy do we get inot it. Giving it to the player and refs. Cheering and booing, it is so much more fun then sitting around watching the game and no cheering.

I was at the 2nd Titans V Broncos game last year and we sat up in some shit seats so I understand that it wasnt fanatics but people were looking at me like I was disturbing there quiet time or something. Jesus christ, there was no life up there. Even when Locky got the field goal people just stood up and didn't cheer, geeeeeeeeeez I was about to have a heart attack at that stage.

Webcke said:
Living in Canberra I'm used to the rowdy Canberra crowds, (A drunk bloke sitting 5 seats away) theres no one at the games but boy do we get inot it. Giving it to the player and refs. Cheering and booing, it is so much more fun then sitting around watching the game and no cheering.

Seriously? I was about to say that the only crowd quieter than a Broncos crowd is a Canberra crowd. I've been to all the Broncos games down there for the last 5 years or so, and have always felt like a complete knob when just clapping, let alone cheering. Just goes to show that where you sit in a stadium really does make a difference. eusa_think

The SFS crowd at the roosters game was great. Everywhere i looked you could see a crowd of Broncos supporters.

Well I haven't actually been up there in a while so I don't know the change in atmosphere. But the crowd down here were electrifying and the 'Roosters Army' (I don't know what they're called) were really getting into it but I think the Broncos support down here was equally loud. Loved it when you saw a heap of Broncos supporters getting up and giving it to the Roosters fans at full time! I don't recall one bit of the match where it was dead quiet but that's probably also because so much was happening on the field that got everyone going most of the time too.

Coxy said:
Kee said:

Perhaps not alcohol (I certainly don't drink at the football), but food and drink generally is very expensive. And I like footy food.

Can't relate to buying overpriced greasy food at the footy [icon_shru Salad roll home made and frozen water for me icon_thumbs_u Yeah boring :!:

Kingdom For A Heart said:
I know what you mean mate. Simple chants don't even work. I know the majority of the BHQ Crew are happy with their seating arrangements, but are there any areas of the stadium which could house more BHQ members. The problem being, that one needs to basically get a membership to sit with you guys in your current location. It's at least good in Sydney that there's GA and masses of people can sit in a big group together and do what they desire icon_thumbs_u

As with the mass commericalism of the club, the league and the stadium, the Queensland Cup is a fairly attractive option. Quality fixtures and fun times to be had icon_smile

Getting people to those fixtures is alot harder than the problems you raised in your last post though [icon_wink

Honestly, I'd just want the Broncos to nominate a bay, say where the Black Zone used to be, designate it as a supporters bay with whatever name they want, allow flags, allow people to get season tix there or just casual ones and allow some decent flags/banners in. I'd move to anywhere in the stadium if they could actually accommodate it to help generate some atmosphere.

Coxy said:
Hoping nobody remembers that infamous photo of me that appeared EVERYWHERE in 2003-04 with me cheering loudly and a piece of confetti stuck on my lip!!!
Whoops, all these years I thought that stuff on your lip was spunk [eusa_doh

trigrhappi said:
Coxy said:
Whoops, all these years I thought that stuff on your lip was spunk [eusa_doh

Mate, going a little too far. By all means debate with people and do what you like, but I just don't see the point of bringing arguments into a thread when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand! We don't want to read Trig v. Coxy on every page here icon_thumbs_u

The Rock said:
Take that as an official warning too.
Gee you admin need to get fking consistent. You pal Cocksee loves me see...

All in good fun
Sent at: March 25th, 2008, 10:22 pm
To: Aussie trigrhappi

Hey,

Just letting you know just about everything I do on this place is in jest. It's entertaining having people to debate with, even if it degenerates into a bit of a slanging match. I like going over the top, or childish, whatever gets a reaction.

I take nothing personally. Hope the same applies.

Keep it up

Cheers
Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • azza.79
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.