Team changes for game 2

He's ready+ Milford needs a kick up the arse from someone other than his club coach.

He will have no more impact off the bench for the last 10 than Milford did and whether or not Milford needs a keep up the arse is not QLD's concern.

He was just a stupid selection imo. I'm in the have Oates on the bench camp. Could do a stint in the forwards and provides more than adequate cover for the backs.

I think the Ponga selection indicates that Slater is a chance of not playing and even if he does, won't be 100%. Which isn't surprising given he's had like 4-5weeks off.

Yeah, Oates would have been my selection too. I'd also would have considered a bench hooker, I don't think McCullough can handle 80 minutes of Origin intensity the way he plays, and I don't think he's going to change the way he plays. I've always liked having a strong dummy half runner on the bench too. Too bad so many of our hookers are out of form. Maybe Segs for his scoots to get us on the front foot, but he's no chance and I'm not even sure if he's available for QLD.

Yeah, Oates would have been my selection too. I'd also would have considered a bench hooker, I don't think McCullough can handle 80 minutes of Origin intensity the way he plays, and I don't think he's going to change the way he plays. I've always liked having a strong dummy half runner on the bench too. Too bad so many of our hookers are out of form. Maybe Segs for his scoots to get us on the front foot, but he's no chance and I'm not even sure if he's available for QLD.

That's a good question. I seem to remember someone jizzing their pants over him for a while because he was eligible for QLD

That's a good question. I seem to remember someone jizzing their pants over him for a while because he was eligible for QLD

That was when Segeyaro was tearing defenses apart I believe.

Can't remember who it was, though.

Did Oates spit on Walter's mother or something? It was baffling enough how he missed out on Origin 1, but now? You're taking the piss Kevvie.

Yep. This is what annoys me about all the Ponga hype. People just flat out ignoring the errors he makes. He put his side under a heap of pressure yesterday in the first 20 minutes with errant passes and bad kicks.

Queensland selectors have just caved to all the hype.

Milford plays in the front line every week. But let's throw the small guy who plays fullback in there instead. Dumb.
Small guy ? Huh ? They're not picking Milford, it's Ponga they're picking !

I meant Milford is chunkier, more robust.
Fair enough. I think Ponga's proven he's resilient enough though. He's been heavily targeted and a reference to that was made by Cam Smith who I think says Melbourne put heaps of guys on him and he was still a handful. Ponga creates doubt and I'm certain he'll be fabulous. I am a fan of his ability and think it would be a sensation for the Broncos if we landed him one day.

I like the idea of a quick dummy half replacement as well... but only with a strong forward pack rotation to take advantage of. Atm, we have an absolutely terrible pack that will have trouble keeping pace at best. A conditioned Mcguire will change that a bit and the ass kicking they got in game 1 may spur them on a bit

Last edited:
This side is terrible. The selections are completely gutless in my view. Half picked by the media and half rewarding people for abysmal nrl form with not much runs on the board in origin. Ponga i dont mind as a selection AT FULLBACK, or wing. Who are we moving when he comes on? Is he defening in the front line? Then there is hess still getting picked. WHY? “Hes done the job in origin before”... for 2 games last year? I wouldnt pick him but Thaiday is ACTUALLY in better form then hess and has “done the job” 28 times. And if he was picked for youth/experience why pick cooper? There is no plan with this team at all.

I will get blasted for this (and will change my mind once the game gets closer) but I actually hope we dont win, because it will just paper over the shit selections and it will catch up to us BIG TIME in game 3 or next year. Worst queensland side ive seen for about 15-20 years.

Just on milford. Poor bloke. He defended his ass off for the 10 minutes when the game was over and was used TERRIBLY by walters. He also was going well in his debut game last year before he got injured, and lost his spot due to a once off top notch debut from munster when he got thrown to the wolves by walters and smith (who decided to play once his strom team mates got picked). Milf also didnt have the luxury of debuting with his ENTIRE club spine where the forward pack turned up unlike for milf. Milf is out of form, but hes trying hard and he organises our side well now with a decent kicking game. The sets on the sharks line last week when he was off showed how much he organises us now. He has been made a massive scape goat for a shit performance by the coach in game one. The team teied hard but the tactics and selections were off. This settles it for me, miracle win or not, i dont think walters is up to coaching the broncos...

This side is terrible. The selections are completely gutless in my view. Half picked by the media and half rewarding people for abysmal nrl form with not much runs on the board in origin. Ponga i dont mind as a selection AT FULLBACK, or wing. Who are we moving when he comes on? Is he defening in the front line? Then there is hess still getting picked. WHY? “Hes done the job in origin before”... for 2 games last year? I wouldnt pick him but Thaiday is ACTUALLY in better form then hess and has “done the job” 28 times. And if he was picked for youth/experience why pick cooper? There is no plan with this team at all.

I will get blasted for this (and will change my mind once the game gets closer) but I actually hope we dont win, because it will just paper over the shit selections and it will catch up to us BIG TIME in game 3 or next year. Worst queensland side ive seen for about 15-20 years.

Just on milford. Poor bloke. He defended his ass off for the 10 minutes when the game was over and was used TERRIBLY by walters. He also was going well in his debut game last year before he got injured, and lost his spot due to a once off top notch debut from munster when he got thrown to the wolves by walters and smith (who decided to play once his strom team mates got picked). Milf also didnt have the luxury of debuting with his ENTIRE club spine where the forward pack turned up unlike for milf. Milf is out of form, but hes trying hard and he organises our side well now with a decent kicking game. The sets on the sharks line last week when he was off showed how much he organises us now. He has been made a massive scape goat for a shit performance by the coach in game one. The team teied hard but the tactics and selections were off. This settles it for me, miracle win or not, i dont think walters is up to coaching the broncos...

Milford being used terribly just means he's not a good bench option IMO. He can only really play in the halves, and Munster and Hunt are playing way better than him at the moment.

It's probably time for Ben Hunt to step up and had a blinder tbh.

1 slater
2 holmes
3 inglis
4 munster
5 gagai
6 Milford
7 hunt
8 wallace
9 macca
10 napa
11 kafusi
12 papalli
13 mcguire

14 Granville
15 oates
16 arrow/joffa
17 glasby

1 slater
2 holmes
3 inglis
4 munster
5 gagai
6 Milford
7 hunt
8 wallace
9 macca
10 napa
11 kafusi
12 papalli
13 mcguire

14 Granville
15 oates
16 arrow/joffa
17 glasby
That side would never fly with the strong anti-broncos crowd in queensland currently. I mean, sure the broncos are the best performing queensland team and have the same amount of wins as both the other qld teams combined... but, we are the broncos soooo...

Did Kevvie seem very stressed to anyone else during the press conference?

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • kiwibronco
  • mitch222
  • Wendall Taylor
  • johnny plath
  • HVbronco
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.