NEWS The 118kg Broncos ‘freak’ who beat the skipper in stunning pre-season time trial

Half of those numbers are a little low. Averages i've seen for squat is up around 150-160 these days and bench row 100-110. Most trainers are focusing on % of relative weight also. Jimmy Maloney for example, who's a midget, would be killing it at 130KG squat and 100KG bench.

When Haas hits hits late 20's he should be doing 2x body weight in Squat and probably 1.5x in bench, maybe 1.1/1.2x in Row. The potential for a monster is really there.

I get smashed by the pros in every category.

Depends on how the testing is done, but those 2k and 1.2k time trials in of themselves, aren’t that impressive.
[automerge]1557836785[/automerge]
Half of those numbers are a little low. Averages i've seen for squat is up around 150-160 these days and bench row 100-110. Most trainers are focusing on % of relative weight also. Jimmy Maloney for example, who's a midget, would be killing it at 130KG squat and 100KG bench.

When Haas hits hits late 20's he should be doing 2x body weight in Squat and probably 1.5x in bench, maybe 1.1/1.2x in Row. The potential for a monster is really there.

Depends how the testing is being conducted. If it is all individual maximum efforts, I agree. If all that is one after the other it’s pretty damn impressive...

Last edited:
Depends on how the testing is done, but those 2k and 1.2k time trials in of themselves, aren’t that impressive.
[automerge]1557836785[/automerge]

Depends how the testing is being conducted. If it is all individual maximum efforts, I agree. If all that is one after the other it’s pretty damn impressive...

Single sets, however not back to back with 1 minute or such between. Ie fresh set, good break - next exercise. Plenty of recovery time.

I dunno how strong footy players have to be, but this is 8 rep max for squats and bench, it's pretty good IMO.

I dunno how strong footy players have to be, but this is 8 rep max for squats and bench, it's pretty good IMO.

To put into perspective but some back rowers in the game have as much single moment explosive strength as Olympic sprinters. Would absolutely love to see Haas studied.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.