NEWS The 118kg Broncos ‘freak’ who beat the skipper in stunning pre-season time trial

If Boyd runs like he does in games anybody can beat him

I thought Boyd was running the fastest he's ever run in pre-season.

It's not clear from the article, but doesn't Boyd usually win these things? So I'm not sure how this becomes an opportunity to slam Boyd for being slow when Payne is beating every other back too.

edit: Herbie Farnworth actually finished first, with Haas finishing second.

Last edited:
Yeah if Boyd has never been faster, that just makes it all the more impressive that Haas is beating him.

Wait a second, I know it states that he beat Boyd but he also beat the rest of our team and Boyd was used as the yard stick to show how good he was. This isn’t a thread to shit on Boyd in, its about Haas being a machine. Boyd was beaten by a freak.

Wait a second, I know it states that he beat Boyd but he also beat the rest of our team and Boyd was used as the yard stick to show how good he was. This isn’t a thread to shit on Boyd in, its about Haas being a machine. Boyd was beaten by a freak.

Exactly this I think the "journos" are just clutching at straws to get a story from having TPJ on Matty John's show last night

He didn't really give them much to work with so they've created an article based on TPJ's comments towards Haas being a phenomenal athlete

It probably doesn't need to be said but TPJ was highlighting Haas beating Boyd as a positive on Haas rather than a negative on Boyd... but BHQ gonna BHQ sometimes

Last edited:
Well if he's naturally faster we should just put him at fullback.

Haas would have to be leading the race for Dally M Rookie of the Year.

He only played 3 games last season so he would be eligible. Unless that suspension from the club puts him out of the race.

I agree, this isn't a shit on Boyd thread.

Haas would have to be leading the race for Dally M Rookie of the Year.

He only played 3 games last season so he would be eligible. Unless that suspension from the club puts him out of the race.
He meets all the criteria and I think that suspension was through the broncos not the NRL
306A8D39 324A 4DBB 9D8F 6B2DD454F7EB

Source: Rugby league hall of fame

Pretty sure our skipper does a perfectly good job of beating himself.

Last edited:
Love to know what times they are achieving for 1.2k.

I heard a few years back MCullough got to 14 on the beep test... Only concrete performance standard I’ve heard...

Edit: Disregard - Jeremy Hickman posted this...

D7F7052D 5BA6 4A01 9367 671762ABCA3E

Last edited:

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.