The Federal Election

Who will you vote for in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Labor

• Greens

• Liberal

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's taken off history prior, and hasn't removed enough to not make it a fair comparison. It's doesn't compare to what you've done, any suggestion otherwise is a stretch. Your example is purposely made to try and hide the finer details, Kimlo's simply removed a lot of history, likely because he can't comment on his own knowledge, because he wasn't here for it, or gone after the GFC to remove the data from that period, because it keeps being used as a way to stomp on Labor, when everyone knows the reality is, that period was very well done by Labor.

It comes back to the "good on paper" argument which the LNP loves. It only looks good on paper, because it doesn't give enough information about why, how, when, who or what was going on.
But that's all I've done. Instead of cropping it at 12 years, I've cropped it back to 1995 which is when I first started working.

The graph I used had a % scale that went down to 2, whereas his started at 3.5, making the difference between the two parties seem much larger than it actually is.

Also, most importantly, you've completely ignored the flashing skull & crossbones, which is a massive indicator or "danger" or "death". It sits in the Labor portion of the graph.

Brisbane
But that's all I've done. Instead of cropping it at 12 years, I've cropped it back to 1995 which is when I first started working.

The graph I used had a % scale that went down to 2, whereas his started at 3.5, making the difference between the two parties seem much larger than it actually is.

Also, most importantly, you've completely ignored the flashing skull & crossbones, which is a massive indicator or "danger" or "death". It sits in the Labor portion of the graph.
I misread the scale at the bottom of yours. The flashing skull was very convincing, and it has convinced me to change my vote. Like the LNP signs around the area.

Ipswich
Neither Labor or Liberal can claim expertise in management but I've observed a trend over 40 plus years. Liberals are reasonably good at tightening the belt, building surpluses and then totally forget that it's not their money. If they'd then spend it all on us, mainly from the bottom up, spreading the love they'd keep being re-elected but ahh no, 'no fucking way is the public getting back OUR surplus' they say.

Labor goes, fuck let us have the reins, we'll spend it on you Joe and Joelene Public,so we do and they do. The honeymoon lasts a while then they get booted out and the cycle repeats. Labor's coming back for a term.

Brisbane
EDIT Kimlo Kimlo, you can't just cut off the graph at a convenient time (eg, that 12 year point) and portray that as an accurate reflection.
I'm sorry, but that's rubbish. I did not cut it off at any "convenient time", I cut it off 12 years because that's 4 terms of government(or 10-15 prime ministers) and it also happens to be evenly split terms between Labor/Liberal with 2 terms each. I mean, it's about as fair and neutral as I could have been. At some point there's really no point referencing liberal policies in 1970's when we're speaking about job creation in a 2019 election in a digital economy which didn't exist in that period.

If I go back before 2007 then I have to include 16 years of Howard and then the previous government before that for another 13 years which means instead of a fairly relevant time frame, I'd have to be assessing numbers over 40 years, which A) I can't be fucked and B) isn't that relevant to modern economies and the 2019 election. Most of the guys in the Rudd/Gillard era are still in politics and the same applies across the fence. If I'm including Hawke, Keating and Howard, well not many in their teams are still even in politics today.

You can read a graph any number of ways, I didn't make any commentary on the surrounding factors, but facts are facts, Over the last 4 terms of government which are evenly split, Labor have had both lower unemployment total and on average.

If you want to run the numbers over 40 years, please do, I can't be bothered but I'd love to know the figures over that term.

Last edited:
Ipswich
I'd say the poll is fairly indicative of how it will be on election night, well insomuch as Labor will be elected.

Brisbane
Voted today. No sausage sizzle. Farce.

Went Labour. And on the Senate ballot, just went for anyone that wasn't One Nation, Liberal and United Party.
Labor*

Voted, got my two snags, and some cupcakes. Tragedy on the way home when one of the cupcakes rolled onto the floor of the car. It's a sad day, Bob wouldn't have let this happen.

Brisbane
Voting soon. Greens #1 Labor #2 ultra right parties at the bottom, liberals somewhere in the middle.

I seriously hope this isn't a hung BS parliament where we get a government that doesn't have enough seats to actually implement policy.

Shorten will be a good PM. He's far more human than Scomo.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
It goes to show how fucked politics is right now when the Liberals were the 3rd most progressive party on my electorate's 6 candidate ticket. I felt dirty putting them as my 3rd preference.