- Haas
- Carrigan
- Ofahengaue*

Top Young Talent:
- Dearden
- Fifita
- Flegler
- Staggs

Club should do all it can to lock these guys down long term (already the case for Haas).

Contract value (couldn't move them even if you wanted to)
- Milford
- Bird

Younger players who we'd want to retain but only at the right price
- Pangai Jnr
- Lodge
- Oates
- Isaako

Veterans who still offer something
- Gillett

Free to go or actively being shopped
- McCullough
- Boyd
- Glenn
- Roberts
- Everyone else

I think the key is starting strongly, and getting confidence out of not playing from behind. Bench is important, but he's only getting 20-30 minutes, when we've already lost.

we need to utilize him differently from the bench, no question, but that doesn't necessarily mean start him, of our forwards, he is better suited to a bench impact role than all the rest of them (except TPJ)

It's about time players got dropped and moved on tbh.

We're going to have a couple of lean years but I can handle that with some promising players coming through and clearing out some cap space to hopefully get some marquee signings.

It's been too long since the Broncos signed an actual established blue chip player - the Roosters have no problem getting these signatures over the line so it's time we got back in the market.

So to summarize:

Already departed
Josh McGuire
Jordan Kahu
Kodi Nikorima

Very likely departing
James Roberts

Rumored to want out/tap on the shoulder
Matthew Lodge
Darius Boyd
Andrew McCullough
Alex Glenn

Dropped to ISC (maybe temp)
Jamayne Isaako

That is 9 of last years starting 17 that are already gone, are as good as gone or are rumored to be leaving by the end of the year, including 3 of the 4 spine players. I can't remember the last time the Broncos have had such a huge turnover of players in one season, let alone in 3-4 months. Seibold is doing a pretty good job in my opinion going by that list, because of the 9, there are only 2 that I would be going into bat to fight for, being Lodge and McGuire. Roberts is an exciting player to watch when he is at his best, but when he is at his best for only 1 in 6 games, it's hard to argue against his departure, especially if he doesn't want to be here and you have talent like Staggs knocking on the door. The rest you may as well just cut adrift into an ebbing tide and wave them off into the sunset because they are cooked ducks.

It's beginning to look a lot like a cleanout, and considering many of us have been suspicious of a rotten culture of indifference at the club for some time, maybe beyond on field success 2019 won't be so bad after all. Of those names listed, who would you be in the corner of to be kept?

I’d lodge leaves and pangai also goes, our forward stocks suddenly doesn’t look so promising.

Its going to be interesting. I'd say we will be subsidising wages of a few players we want to offload. Recruitment will be difficult as there isnt much quality on the market right now. Harry Grant is off contract i believe, he is an obvious target.

2020 see's quite a few decent player coming off contract. Mitchell, Arrow, Cotric, Brimson ( i think ), Manu, Clifford are a few i think we should have a look at. Other option is to recruit from superleague.

Another question is, will players be willing to move inter state to play for the broncos? We used to have the Bennett factor, the great players like Lockyer and Hodges that attracted players. But now we really don’t have any pull football wise.

For some players, the crowds of 30k compared to 6k is motivation enough

Problem is a few lean years and you can easily see that 30k jump down to around 15k.

In General the casual rugby league fan are a fickle bunch. Its not like the Broncos fans are any different as much as we like to believe they are.

Another question is, will players be willing to move inter state to play for the broncos? We used to have the Bennett factor, the great players like Lockyer and Hodges that attracted players. But now we really don’t have any pull football wise.
I think nrl.com did a player survey a while ago and one of the questions was, other than your current club, who else would you want to play for? Brisbane was in the top 3 With the roosters and storm. However, that may have changed a little with bennett moving on.

Problem is a few lean years and you can easily see that 30k jump down to around 15k.

In General the casual rugby league fan are a fickle bunch. Its not like the Broncos fans are any different as much as we like to believe they are.
Numbers are way down this year already, probably mainly due to the Thursday games, but the form wouldn't be helping.

I definitely think the 'aura' is fading, and recruiting players is no longer as easy as it used to be.

Darius just interviewed by Chris Garry - "fullback is my best position so I don't think they will be changing that unless Seibs wants to".

Last edited:
There are still attractions for us, cheaper housing, less traffic, state of the art stadium, state of the art facilities and support staff.

All very well and good to get rid dead-wood players.

BUT WHO ARE WE GETTING IN RETURN?

I wouldnt put it past Siebold .....HaHa
  1. Alex Johnston
  2. Campbell Graham
  3. Greg Inglis
  4. Dane Gagai
  5. Braidon Burns/Robert Jennings
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. George Burgess
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. John Sutton
  12. Cameron Murray
  13. Sam Burgess
  14. Dean Britt
  15. Kurt Dillon
  16. Tevita Tatola
  17. Adam Doueihi

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Splinter
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Locky field goal
  • Manofoneway
  • heartly87
  • Thelmus
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.