The great Seibold cleanout

The only problem is how much of our salary cap are we going to be wasting on players who aren't here anymore...

Only depends on what they are getting paid by their new club. I doubt we let McGuire, Kahu and Nikorima leave paying anything. Kahu was contracted till end if this year so doesn't matter. Glenn is the same.

If the likes of Lodge as an example as fir a release we don't have to pay shit. From my understanding the 3 already departed all requested a release so we shouldn't be up for a dime.

Seibs just confirmed on NRL 360 that Darius is only signed for next year, with an option in his favour for 2021.

That's much better than the reported 3 years remaining, it'll only be 1 more year if Darius doesn't think he's up to it.

He also categorically denied that we're chasing Cody Walker.

Seibs just confirmed on NRL 360 that Darius is only signed for next year, with an option in his favour for 2021.

That's much better than the reported 3 years remaining, it'll only be 1 more year if Darius doesn't think he's up to it.

Lol @ Badel, never change. By never change I mean **** off and leave behind this failed attempt at a career as a journalist.

Really? You mean posters on here didn't really know the facts about Boyd's contract length? Well I be !

I thought they must have with the levels of anger on display. I suppose we'll see a flood of apologies on here from the posters who screamed about three more years of this and that and WB should be shot for signing his 'son' to such a long and favourable contract.

Great news about Walker.

Really? You mean posters on here didn't really know the facts about Boyd's contract length? Well I be !

I thought they must have with the levels of anger on display. I suppose we'll see a flood of apologies on here from the posters who screamed about three more years of this and that and WB should be shot for signing his 'son' to such a long and favourable contract.

Great news about Walker.

I always knew that was the case. The extra year is in HIS favour. As in the club and coach don't have a say.

When Badel said 3 yrs I assumed he meant this year as well.

Last edited:

Great news about Walker.
One season is still a season too long, I’d be glad to apologise if he could string a decent season together and stop embarrassing himself.

It's all just ancient history now. What's done is done and we move on. I hope Boyd continues on in the same vein as his last game although I'm not as harsh a judge as others on here and in the media at large. I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as others claimed.

Like all of us on here I just want the Broncos playing great football and keeping our proud traditions alive. Every now and then I will have high expectations of a player and say so and more recently(for years really) Milford in particular and his abysmal tackling but I've got to bear in mind I personally wouldn't make his bootlace as a footballer. I think many should think that way when judging Boyd and other despised players.

I guess my source was slightly wrong. He said the last two years were in the clubs favour but it's the last year in his favour and Boyd might be transitioning into a mental health mentor role for the club. I don't think it's a job offer though, similar to what he's already doing. He's going to be fine in retirement so I can't see him pushing for that last year unless he's killing it.

It's all just ancient history now. What's done is done and we move on. I hope Boyd continues on in the same vein as his last game although I'm not as harsh a judge as others on here and in the media at large. I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as others claimed.

Like all of us on here I just want the Broncos playing great football and keeping our proud traditions alive. Every now and then I will have high expectations of a player and say so and more recently(for years really) Milford in particular and his abysmal tackling but I've got to bear in mind I personally wouldn't make his bootlace as a footballer. I think many should think that way when judging Boyd and other despised players.

As I pointed out to you recently....Milford is far from the worst defender among his piers. I'll cop a missed tackle, or three....if he keeps getting on the front foot like he did the other night.

Tell you what.
Given Boyd is only on 1 more year...

That fella who came on in the Melbourne game looks the goods! He's a fullback no?

Could see him as the type of player Seibs would sign. Anything out of the Melbourne system he'd jump on. With good reason

Tell you what.
Given Boyd is only on 1 more year...

That fella who came on in the Melbourne game looks the goods! He's a fullback no?

Could see him as the type of player Seibs would sign. Anything out of the Melbourne system he'd jump on. With good reason
Papenhuyzen be the one

Papenhuyzen be the one
These are his stats already.
Half serious.. but these are kind of already better than Darius' stats and he's played 5 games
Screenshot 20190514 074919 Samsung20Internet

The Knights fullback off contract same year as Boyd's impending retirement, please Lockyer and co. break the fuckn bank for him.

Anybody else is just not acceptable.

The Knights fullback off contract same year as Boyd's impending retirement, please Lockyer and co. break the fuckn bank for him.

Anybody else is just not acceptable.
Eh.
Would command too much $ and wants to play 5/8 anyway

At least the Melbourne guy isn't the second coming. . Could be a great under the radar signing

Eh.

At least the Melbourne guy isn't the second coming. . Could be a great under the radar signing

He doesn't want to play Five-Eighth, Brown moved him there in the pre-season, not the other way around. He's quite happy at Fullback by all reports, and he plays his best footy there.

Eh.

At least he won't get injured every 8 games into the season for upwards of 800k each year. Jack Bird has to be the most expensive signing ever per matches played. Will he even finish 2020 uninjured?

Last edited:
He doesn't want to play Five-Eighth, Brown moved him there in the pre-season, not the other way around. He's quite happy at Fullback by all reports, and he plays his best footy there.
Not true

Active Now

• Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.