NEWS TPJ: I want to stay with Brisbane

This is where back ended deal can be the angel and the devil.

We have both Macca and Roberts off end of next year? However still Fifita to lock in.

Mm, not sure on resigning him.

When he's on, he's unstoppable but more often than not, he's mediocre at best. Needs to show more consistency.

Doesn't need to absolutely smash everyone in the opposing team every game but what he does need to do every game is run hard, make your tackles, play smarter with offloads and continue to show energy and enthusiasm for the entire game, that's it.

Oh, and get his body right. Particularly his hammies.
That was literally all covered in the article

Last edited:
Kind of over everyone thinking that money is an these guys care about. A lot of the time it isn't at all top priority. They care more about rep jumpers, keeping their position and being at a winning club.

Kind of over everyone thinking that money is an these guys care about. A lot of the time it isn't at all top priority. They care more about rep jumpers, keeping their position and being at a winning club.
At the same time, a lot of them care about those things because they lead to more money.

Roosters now have a fair wad of cash to throw at him....

And I'm of the same opinion. What's your point?
I don't know haha it seems unnecessary because those things were addressed by the player [emoji2369]

Roughly 30% of our salary cap is tied up in 4 players who IMO, won't will be at the club past 2021 (well not on their current reported wages anyway).
I am mentioning Roberts (500k), Boyd (950k), Bird (750k) and Macca (500k)
This is not even factoring in the two cap increase of 300k each season to 2022 as part of the current broadcast deal.
Roberts may even depart at the end of this year, which would make the re-signing a little easier.
My point is we are building a new team structure and philosophy and if TPJ fits into this long-term then financially, we won't have much issues in making this work.

Roosters have a good forward pack. In fact it's probably the best in the comp. I don't think they'll be throwing too much at TPJ.

Roughly 30% of our salary cap is tied up in 4 players who IMO, won't will be at the club past 2021 (well not on their current reported wages anyway).
I am mentioning Roberts (500k), Boyd (950k), Bird (750k) and Macca (500k)
This is not even factoring in the two cap increase of 300k each season to 2022 as part of the current broadcast deal.
Roberts may even depart at the end of this year, which would make the re-signing a little easier.
My point is we are building a new team structure and philosophy and if TPJ fits into this long-term then financially, we won't have much issues in making this work.

you pulled most of those figures from the same place the media pull all of their figures

Think it was reported boyd was on closer to 600k a year
But I could be pulling that number from the same place

Last edited:
I don't think we have a heap of money for new signings, but given he re-signed last year it shouldn't be a massive upgrade, plus we moved on McGuire, Kahu and Nikorima without signing replacements that would command more than minimum wage. Obviously with such a young team there are plenty of moving parts when it comes to future upgrades though, but I think we should be in a position to at least offer him something competitive. Something's going to have to give soon though when it comes to our middle forwards. We've already got Carrigan outside the 17 and none of the guys ahead of him are even close to retirement.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.