TV Show Thread

Alec

International Rep
Stringer, Bunk and Lester Freamon were great.
Omar was my fav though.

I don't think it's anything like The Sopranos, but it's fantastic, especially Season 4, like Pete said.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Omar was my fav though.

I don't think it's anything like The Sopranos, but it's fantastic, especially Season 4, like Pete said.
I’ve always compared it to Breaking Bad and rate it way higher (the 5 series drug dealing arc). Each and every series is excellent and unique.
The characters are all very cleverly written in their own way, villain or hero.

Obviously Omar is my favourite, I also liked bubbles & Stringer bell.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
I’m not hating the GOT series as much as everyone else, I’m happy for them to wrap it up in a neat little bow (although killing the dragon was stupid, I guess they just want another trigger for Dany).

I’m hoping that Jamie is returning to kings landing to kill Cersei, the only logical reason for him to up and leave Brianne.
Surely Ghost and tormund come back into the fight to save Jon Snow from Dany.

The Starc’s have to win the iron throne, that’s the only way it can end. I read the books way before the tv show started and I always felt the Starcs are the ones who take the throne. Although in the books they have that weird Caitlin Zombie arc which I feel is really important to that series.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
I’m not hating the GOT series as much as everyone else, I’m happy for them to wrap it up in a neat little bow (although killing the dragon was stupid, I guess they just want another trigger for Dany).

I’m hoping that Jamie is returning to kings landing to kill Cersei, the only logical reason for him to up and leave Brianne.

The Starc’s have to win the iron throne, that’s the only way it can end. I read the books way before the tv show started and I always felt the Starcs are the ones who take the throne. Although in the books they have that weird Caitlin Zombie arc which I feel is really important to that series.
Not having Lady Stoneheart in the show was a terrible mistake. Oh well.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E

As a fellow book reader, I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei wins, as crazy as it is to say. GRRM has always maintained that Cersei was his favourite character, and you can tell that by the way she's written.

I doubt the show runners will have the balls to make that happen though, wouldn't surprise me if they divert from whatever GRRM suggested and just go with a predictable Danny wins against Cersei, Danny goes full Mad King, someone kills Danny (Jaime? Queen Slayer? :P), Jon sits on the Iron Throne.

Based on what I've read and heard, I know that GRRM sat down with them prior to these last 2 seasons and gave them a rough outline of where he has the main characters finishing up, but I just don't believe that they're following all of his wishes. After the scene where Arya kills the Night King the show runners were saying that THEY thought it didn't feel right to them that Jon Snow would be the hero again, so decided to go with Arya, but they also say they've known for 3 years that Arya would be the one to kill the Night King, so I don't know, maybe GRRM lead them down that path. Guess we just have to wait and (hopefully) find out.

Finish the damn books George!

Omar was my fav though.

I know it's not "like" the Sopranos.....I should've worded it better, but I meant the same level of quality entertainment.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Sam Elliott on the new family guy haha reading the lyrics to lick it up by Kiss:

"Lick it up, oh yeah, lick it up....that's about as much as I care to read of that" :rofl

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Man I really dont know how to feel about that episode. Some parts were epic, others were a nightmare. They've really fkd themselves trying to finish the story so quickly.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I just don't even know what to think right now...
I suppose there's no other part to the story really than what happens with Danny, so the entire last episode will be focused on that? No more Sansa, Bran, Tormund and no more Ghost? I was kind of leaning towards those characters appearing in the final episodes to help take down the mad queen but now I just can't see it. This season really needed to be a full 10-12 episodes, it's going the way of Dexter for me at the moment. Didn't the witch predict that Cersei would die at the hands of her true love? Or something like that? I was waiting the whole episode for Jamie to choke the shit out of her and instead they get smooshed. I get that Danny had to go full mental to convince everyone of her madness but surely she goes straight for the Red Keep? I mean, she's sitting there staring at it but decides to burn all the innocents on the way? Would have made more sense to me the other way around personally.

Cleganebowl was great. The death of Qyburn had me in stitches for some reason.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I have no doubt this was GRRM's design all along, but the way we got here was trash. The writing and pacing is so unbelievably off. Danny going Mad Queen was always the obvious end game scenario, I'm fine with that, the way we got to that conclusion is my gripe, it happens in the space of 1 episode? I have no doubt when GRRM eventually finishes the books it'll be far more convincing and the decay of her mental health will be over a significantly longer period of time. Jaime's character arc was just completely shit on as well, he had redeemed himself in the North, fighting for his enemies, fulfilling his oath, getting with Brienne.. And then he betrays them all just to go back and die with Cersei? No, that's not how his character was supposed to finish, there's zero chance GRRM has it written anything close to that. Nothing about that made sense, what about the fact that Cersei hired Bronn to kill Jaime & Tyrion no less than a few months prior? He just completely disregards that fact? It's just rushed trash, this whole season, I'm so disappointed.

I took the liberty of spoiling the final episode for myself (Spoilers for the final season have been floating around online for the better part of 12 months, all of which have been true so far), I won't say a word about it as to not give anything away to you guys, but I look forward to tearing it apart next week and being done with this show. There's really no chance I'll ever re-watch it after the last 2 seasons.

Can't wait for the books.

Alec

International Rep
Up to the last episode of Season 2 of Narcos. Pablo is such a good character in this - you can see how evil he is, killed so many people, but at the same time it makes you sort of cheer and feel sorry for him too, especially at the end of the season so far.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
GOT

Oh and fucking lol at the Golden Company. Yeah, obviously they were never stopping a Dragon but all that build up then.....over.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Now we know why they didn't bother bringing the elephants. Another thing thats annoying is the number of Dothraki and Unsullied that remain. We watched them get decimated in episode 3, but now they can do another huge cavalry charge? Not to mention it looks like there's thousands of the Unsullied in the next episode. Where the fuck were they at the battle of Winterfell when the rest of the main cast were the only ones remaining in the courtyard?
GOT

Oh and fucking lol at the Golden Company. Yeah, obviously they were never stopping a Dragon but all that build up then.....over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Highlights