Women's State of Origin

The WNRL should grab some of those girls who play rugby 7’s for Australia. They are legit.
A few of them left the league because there was more opportunity in Union. Hopefully they come back

A few of them left the league because there was more opportunity in Union. Hopefully they come back

You’d think we’d be a shoo-in if Charlie Caslick wanted to have a run, being a Brisbane girl

The goal kicking impressed me. Found the play a bit sluggish and one-dimensional though.
The rain before kick-off and the single digit temp would have a lot to do with that. It was a high calibre contest and probably the best match we see all weekend.

The rain before kick-off and the single digit temp would have a lot to do with that. It was a high calibre contest and probably the best match we see all weekend.

It was cold but a great atmosphere, everyone went on the field at the end and the players had a great time.

Ali was good, but that's just a standard game for her. She runs and moves just like her dad who also played for Qld and was a great half.

I thought Feterika was the best player on the field.

Can we swap Lady Milford for Real Milford?

Swap Lady Milford for Kodi, at least if we put her at halfback she could tackle and that would be something to work with at least.

Last edited:
Ali was good, but that's just a standard game for her. She runs and moves just like her dad who also played for Qld and was a great half.

I thought Feterika was the best player on the field.
I agree. I thought she was a level above the rest. She is tough, quick, strong and has a good footy brain. She'd be hard to stop close to the line. Was dissapointed they didn't go to her more often when in that position.

Who does Feterika play for in the new women’s Como? Because if it’s not us, it should be.

I get that some people want women's league to succeed so bad but this is a ridiculous statement.

I get that some people want women's league to succeed so bad but this is a ridiculous statement.

Why is it ridiculous? There was no wrestle and it was free flowing. The closest Rugby League has been to the game I fell in love with in years.

Why is it ridiculous? There was no wrestle and it was free flowing. The closest Rugby League has been to the game I fell in love with in years.

Was slow motion. They had a good crack but saying it's going to be better than any game this weekend given the depth and quality of the men's game is just absurd.

Her brother plays for the Jets in the ISC. He's fast too.

Yeah I’ve noticed his name when I’ve been looking through the teams, made an assumption they were related in some way.

Last edited:
Was slow motion. They had a good crack but saying it's going to be better than any game this weekend given the depth and quality of the men's game is just absurd.
Whilst I agree it nowhere near the best game in years, I dont think that statement warrants ridicule. That in itself is exciting, the fact a womans game can hold our attention for a full game and have us cheering and applauding some plays is unreal.

The womens players will be weaker and slower, of course. But you must remember these girls arent fulltime professionals, think about where they will be in 5 or 10 years if the game ever goes full or even semi professional really. Im not going to stop watching the real nrl and start claiming the womens game is superior, but serena willams strength and power would be laughed at if she played in the mens comp but she is still one hell of an athlete and if you like tennis (i dont actually like tennis lol) youd still watch her and admire her skill.

Some of those players showd just as much technical ability as the men. Doesnt mean they were better, just a good and close game to watch. The sideline conversions, the tackling technique, the vision of some of the plays, those same talents would be admired if the men did it on sunday. If macca puts someone over in the corner on sunday the way brealey did would it have taken more skill and wouldnt you admire it? If holmes puts a sideline conversion like baker did wouldnt that be great talent?

Who does Feterika play for in the new women’s Como? Because if it’s not us, it should be.

No one yet - although the Warriors haven’t announced any signings afaik.

Just going solely off last night, it’ll be us vs the Roosters. They have Kelly, Brown, Sims, Studdon, O’Mealey, Taufa, Foliaki - basically everyone that played last night that we haven’t signed and the 3 girls at the Dragons (Apps, Bremner, Quinn)

No one yet - although the Warriors haven’t announced any signings afaik.

Just going solely off last night, it’ll be us vs the Roosters. They have Kelly, Brown, Sims, Studdon, O’Mealey, Taufa, Foliaki - basically everyone that played last night that we haven’t signed and the 3 girls at the Dragons (Apps, Bremner, Quinn)

Would be a shame if the women's comp is really one-sided with one or two teams obliterating the other teams. Could kill any interest very fast.

Not really. It is up against three international matches which are always yawnfests and a men's Origin game that threatens to be a blowout. I'm still tipping that the weekend's peak occurred last night.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Volvo Driver
  • Scorchie
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.