Women's State of Origin

Would be a shame if the women's comp is really one-sided with one or two teams obliterating the other teams. Could kill any interest very fast.

Dragons need to make some moves quickly. Who knows what the Warriors will bring though. Again it's just based purely off my own thoughts on what I saw last night from the players involved. I don't think it would, maybe if there wasn't any change after 3 or 4 seasons, and like others have mentioned, even the notion of the WNRL could entice players from 7s over, which would boost the professionalism and skill level considerably.

Dragons need to make some moves quickly. Who knows what the Warriors will bring though. Again it's just based purely off my own thoughts on what I saw last night from the players involved. I don't think it would, maybe if there wasn't any change after 3 or 4 seasons, and like others have mentioned, even the notion of the WNRL could entice players from 7s over, which would boost the professionalism and skill level considerably.
They copped a bagging and everyone thought itd be a disaster but I think the nrl have actually done this womans comp perfectly so far. When i heard 4 teams i thought what the hell, but itll ensure a decent quality and every team should at least be competitive most games. Theres a lot of good kiwi players still to come and im guessing there will still be a few cross code players still yet to be announced. The game being on channel 9 in prime time is massive. The union girls might get the olympics once every 4 years but if this proves a success the money and the popularity/public exposure will be very strongly in favour of the wnrl just like the mens. They also played it smart making the games 60 minutes and limited games, it ensures the quality doesnt drop. They can build all these things over the next 5-10 years

Very good ratings last night too! In the capital city ratings it got 370,000. It ourated the mens rugby union international from last week and 3 of the last 5 saturday afl games this year lol. This is without the simulcast fox sports figures that havent come out yet for the womens origin. Then again, afl and union types will claim its because its only capital city ratings, unlike the gf’s when this somehow gets forgotten and not mentioned (because it means the nrl win the ratings nearly every year)

Samoa vs Tonga always a yawnfest?? Surely you’re kidding
To each their own but this would be the most boring game on the RL calendar IMO. Maybe if I hailed from one of these nations, it might have more appeal. But I don't waste my time watching the international stuff.

One would have to be a very hard person to please to find Tonga vs Samoa boring.

To each their own but this would be the most boring game on the RL calendar IMO. Maybe if I hailed from one of these nations, it might have more appeal. But I don't waste my time watching the international stuff.
Have you ever watched a tonga vs samoa game? They could put 12 year olds on the field and it would still be entertaining. Theres more history of hate then queensland and nsw or australia and nz. The teams actually having amazing talent now just adds even more to the passion the game brings out

Mehhh....who gives a ****.

1368 to the last interstate fixture
Who does Feterika play for in the new women’s Como? Because if it’s not us, it should be.

No one yet, she is a silver fern so have to wait but I know the Broncos are keen.

1368 to the last interstate fixture

No one yet, she is a silver fern so have to wait but I know the Broncos are keen.

Awesome thanks mate.

Feterika signed and we’re chasing Caslick. Fucking called that shit (although wasn’t a stretch admittedly)

ps staff should we have a general women’s team thread somewhere in BB Talk?

Feterika signed and we’re chasing Caslick. Fucking called that shit (although wasn’t a stretch admittedly)

Good shit. We are shaping as some team, especially if we can get Caskick. Just remind her that union is shit and she has other options now.

Good shit. We are shaping as some team, especially if we can get Caskick. Just remind her that union is shit and she has other options now.

if the money is the same it would be a hard sell I would say. Giving up all that travel and Olympics, Commonwealth games and World Cup for a month long comp it's a hard sell.

Great if someone can convince her to do it.

if the money is the same it would be a hard sell I would say. Giving up all that travel and Olympics, Commonwealth games and World Cup for a month long comp it's a hard sell.

Great if someone can convince her to do it.

Conversely, not needing to travel for a bit might appeal also. She may want to go another round of each (WC,OG,CG), but if we can match the dollars, we’re in with a shot. They may even work out a way for her to do both for a while anyway. Plus she’ll have promos and publicity like no tomorrow in league

@Super Freak and @Foordy are the ones to speak to about that :-)

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.