Young broncs in feeder clubs

Footy Fanatic

NYC Player
Tweed just destroyed the Illawarra Steelers for the U18 state cup. If we dont lock up Walsh and Coates we got rocks in our heads, Coates just tore through defence it was Inglis like. There will be a replay on QRL no doubt, check it out really dominant display.
Agree. Coates is an absolute gun and must be tied up long term.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Solid game today from Izaia Perese in the Qld Residents v NSW game. Keen to take regular hit ups, got some good speed and slowly learning the ins and outs of league after coming from union. Still got some question marks around his defensive reads though and probably needs the rest of this season in the Intrust Cup to fine tune before we see him in the NRL next season.

Alec

International Rep
Didn't watch the game, but going by stats he did a lot better than Kennar.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Didn't watch the game, but going by stats he did a lot better than Kennar.
Absolutely. Perese looking to get involved a fair bit, whereas Kennar seemed to me to be happy to laze about out on his wing. Not sure if Perese is a centre or wing but if he does eventually get a call up, am sure they would ease him in on the wing to start off.

Alec

International Rep
Absolutely. Perese looking to get involved a fair bit, whereas Kennar seemed to me to be happy to laze about out on his wing. Not sure if Perese is a centre or wing but if he does eventually get a call up, am sure they would ease him in on the wing to start off.
It would be good if Perese got the feel for the game ASAP. With Jimmy seemingly being unwanted, and Bird might be looking to head back after an extremely unlucky 2 years with us, it would be good to have him as depth, or maybe even a starter if he guns it.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
It would be good if Perese got the feel for the game ASAP. With Jimmy seemingly being unwanted, and Bird might be looking to head back after an extremely unlucky 2 years with us, it would be good to have him as depth, or maybe even a starter if he guns it.
A lot depends I think on who will partner Staggs in the centres. May very well be a problem of too much inexperience if Shiba gets a run there to risk putting Perese on the wing also. If Roberts gets recalled, again, you couldn't have him and Perese on the same side initially as we would get slaughtered by the opposition.

We are really lacking in depth in that centre position now, especially with the cloud hanging over Robert's head.

Last edited:

Footy Fanatic

NYC Player
I really think Xavier Coates might be the one we play there long term. He is a natural right centre, is built perfectly for a modern day centre and looks NRL ready.

Last edited:

FaithinHook

NRL Player
I really think Xavier Coates might be the one we play there long term. He is a natural right centre, is built perfectly for a modern day centre and looks NRL ready.
He looks impressive, but would hazard a guess he would be at least 12 months away from even being considered for a first grade spot due to his age.

He looks impressive, but would hazard a guess he would be at least 12 months away from even being considered for a first grade spot due to his age.
Seibold has shown, if they are good enough they are old enough (haas, flegler, fifita, dearden all starting 13 throughout this season). I can see Coates getting a start later in the year if Roberts doesn't respond to the challenge (I doubt he will, doesn't have the mental strength or attitude)

peter09

BRL Player
Seibold has shown, if they are good enough they are old enough (haas, flegler, fifita, dearden all starting 13 throughout this season). I can see Coates getting a start later in the year if Roberts doesn't respond to the challenge (I doubt he will, doesn't have the mental strength or attitude)
Yea an hows that goin for him had another win against an injury depleted side lets wait till next weeekend and see what happens bud

Yea an hows that goin for him had another win against an injury depleted side lets wait till next weeekend and see what happens bud
Yaaaawwwnnn...
I was simply pointing out something that has been occurring this year, and yet again the boring anti-seibold brigade jumps in with the same boring commentary.

Your comment is completely irrelevant to the point I made, completely. How dare I point out a positive!

porouian

QCup Player
Tweed just destroyed the Illawarra Steelers for the U18 state cup. If we dont lock up Walsh and Coates we got rocks in our heads, Coates just tore through defence it was Inglis like. There will be a replay on QRL no doubt, check it out really dominant display.
Sweet, we could play him inside Oates and have the Oates and Coates Connection! Anyone? No? I'll see myself out...

State of Origin Rep
Super impressive, Tweed have adapted so well this year. Their half back who was pivotal to them making the finals last year is now playing for the Broncos, they lose Dearden regroup and Davis and McCann have been great at moulding the side.

Coates, Sexton, and Walsh were great, so dynamic, and Sexton has improved since last year. Really good development by Tweed and those three are very good players. Coates' runs back to the middle are his strength he picks his spot very well. Origin last year before he makes the same run and bust with Tino then smashing his way over off the back of that. Walsh in the U16 Origin same, great at spotting.

Coates and Walsh I have spoken about before but I have been impressed by the improvement in Sexton.
- Merged

Is Xavier Coates in the top 30 next year? 1910 Smokin' Joe Smokin' Joe
At least a development contract, but I can see him playing NRL. Tweed certainly think so. Remember he played a trial this year for the NRL side against Souths.

Interesting from here what Tweed do, I'd like to see them play ISC.

Last edited:

State of Origin Rep
All those players played ISC first, none went from MM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Highlights