Young broncs in feeder clubs

IF tommy boy goes well at 7, Niko leaves and Milford stays at 6.

Where does that leave us trying to bring on Tanah Boyd and Paix?

Would we groom one for hooker to take over McCullough?

Yeah, there's talk about paix being molded into a 9 and boyd a fullback.

Yeah, there's talk about paix being molded into a 9 and boyd a fullback.
Nice, I was hoping we had something in mind to keep both. Didn’t want them getting picked up by the shonkies, rorters or grandpa Bennett.

Will dearden defend on the sam burgess side? Lachlan Lewis showed a master class of how to have a one on one win v Sam. I remember his dad playing lower grades at the broncs in the 80’s

Tweed just destroyed the Illawarra Steelers for the U18 state cup. If we dont lock up Walsh and Coates we got rocks in our heads, Coates just tore through defence it was Inglis like. There will be a replay on QRL no doubt, check it out really dominant display.

Tweed just destroyed the Illawarra Steelers for the U18 state cup. If we dont lock up Walsh and Coates we got rocks in our heads, Coates just tore through defence it was Inglis like. There will be a replay on QRL no doubt, check it out really dominant display.

Agree. Coates is an absolute gun and must be tied up long term.

Is Xavier Coates in the top 30 next year? @1910 @Smokin' Joe

Solid game today from Izaia Perese in the Qld Residents v NSW game. Keen to take regular hit ups, got some good speed and slowly learning the ins and outs of league after coming from union. Still got some question marks around his defensive reads though and probably needs the rest of this season in the Intrust Cup to fine tune before we see him in the NRL next season.

Didn't watch the game, but going by stats he did a lot better than Kennar.

Didn't watch the game, but going by stats he did a lot better than Kennar.

Absolutely. Perese looking to get involved a fair bit, whereas Kennar seemed to me to be happy to laze about out on his wing. Not sure if Perese is a centre or wing but if he does eventually get a call up, am sure they would ease him in on the wing to start off.

Absolutely. Perese looking to get involved a fair bit, whereas Kennar seemed to me to be happy to laze about out on his wing. Not sure if Perese is a centre or wing but if he does eventually get a call up, am sure they would ease him in on the wing to start off.

It would be good if Perese got the feel for the game ASAP. With Jimmy seemingly being unwanted, and Bird might be looking to head back after an extremely unlucky 2 years with us, it would be good to have him as depth, or maybe even a starter if he guns it.

It would be good if Perese got the feel for the game ASAP. With Jimmy seemingly being unwanted, and Bird might be looking to head back after an extremely unlucky 2 years with us, it would be good to have him as depth, or maybe even a starter if he guns it.

A lot depends I think on who will partner Staggs in the centres. May very well be a problem of too much inexperience if Shiba gets a run there to risk putting Perese on the wing also. If Roberts gets recalled, again, you couldn't have him and Perese on the same side initially as we would get slaughtered by the opposition.

We are really lacking in depth in that centre position now, especially with the cloud hanging over Robert's head.

Last edited:

I really think Xavier Coates might be the one we play there long term. He is a natural right centre, is built perfectly for a modern day centre and looks NRL ready.

Last edited:
I really think Xavier Coates might be the one we play there long term. He is a natural right centre, is built perfectly for a modern day centre and looks NRL ready.

He looks impressive, but would hazard a guess he would be at least 12 months away from even being considered for a first grade spot due to his age.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.