Your Origin II Teams

I'm stunned by how many people are saying Hunt doesn't need to kick. There's no such thing as a halfback who doesn't need to kick, at Origin level more than anywhere else.

That's not what I'm saying, well not what I'm meaning at least.

Obviously he needs to kick but I was just trying to point out if he was struggling with it there there are other, better options.

Hunts kicking game is improving every week and people are greatly exagerating how bad it is, but I guess it's fine to exaggerate if it is negative to one of our players but not if it is positive towards them.

All this is pointless anyway because it won't change anything - DCE will be picked at halfback and we will lose game 2 because of it. Hopefully Cronk is right for game 3 so we can win the series

That is precisely the reason that hunt should get picked ahead of DCE. The only thing DCE has been better at than hunt is his kicking game, and with Thurston and smith there the kicking game is the least thing we need from them.

You're a bad coach. It will take one **** up, that one thing he knew he had to work on but ran out of time this week at training, and his confidence is not only fucked for Origin, but more importantly, for the Broncos.

He's too young, too raw, and not ready for origin, an thankfully, I doubt he will be on the run on side.

I'd rather Hunt not play any rep until we re-sign him again. Which might be around the same time Cronk and Thurston retire anyway.

You're a bad coach. It will take one **** up, that one thing he knew he had to work on but ran out of time this week at training, and his confidence is not only fucked for Origin, but more importantly, for the Broncos.

He's too young, too raw, and not ready for origin, an thankfully, I doubt he will be on the run on side.

My career is over

Off the topic of Hunt vs DCE for a minute- how terrible was Morgan last night? He has got to be one of the laziest defenders in the comp. I still have visions of Jack Reed out-running him in round 3, and I saw it again last night. The bloke is like lightning, except in defence.

Hunt to no. 14 I say...

Let me say this though...

Losing Cronk is a HUGE blow. I have no doubt his injury caused us to lose the shield last year and I think it may give NSW the mental edge.

This is a real defining moment in DCE's career. If he can help guide Queensland to series win #19, he will be largely forgiven. If he fails to and we see something similar to Hodkinson running right past DCE, he may have lost the fans forever.

I don't think it was the man Cronk - it was more the circumstances of him going down in the first 20 minutes and DCE being thrown in haphazard. Also, DCE being underdone and underprepared in Game 2 didn't help our chances there either.

If Mal didn't pick Hunt then, he won't pick him now.

I know this is a Broncos fansite, but seriously ya'll dillusional thinking Mal will go with anything other than DCE, Thurston and Morgan.

Left field.

Mal should pick an extended squad and start exploiting now our massive advantage in the talent pool of halves.

Name Morgan, Hunt, Milford, and Mybe in an extended squad. Have them all spend time rotating through the halves, shadowing the current system. Have them around the squad, learning the ropes, the culture.

Left field.

Mal should pick an extended squad and start exploiting now our massive advantage in the talent pool of halves.

Name Morgan, Hunt, Milford, and Mybe in an extended squad. Have them all spend time rotating through the halves, shadowing the current system. Have them around the squad, learning the ropes, the culture.

Love this idea. Don't they do that yearly with the Emerging Origin squad? Having it shadowing the current players would be a nice touch though.

I'm happy enough for DCE to be the next in line for the halfback spot .... he's done enough for me to warrant selection ahead of Hunt.

Hunt will get his chance down the track.

NSW Blues Origin II Squad:

1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Brett Morris (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
3. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
4. Josh Morris (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
5. Will Hopoate (Parramatta Eels)
6. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
7. Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
10. James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
11. Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights)
12. Ryan Hoffman (New Zealand Warriors)
13. Paul Gallen (C) (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks)

14. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
16. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
17. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)

NSW Blues Origin II Squad:

1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Brett Morris (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
3. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
4. Josh Morris (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
5. Will Hopoate (Parramatta Eels)
6. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
7. Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
10. James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
11. Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights)
12. Ryan Hoffman (New Zealand Warriors)
13. Paul Gallen (C) (Cronulla Sutherland Sharks)

14. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
16. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
17. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)

Well, they got rid of the two biggest duds from last game.
No idea how they plan to use Cordner and Jackson off the bench. Probs at least one out of position in the middle

There has to be an investigation!
geoff_toovey.jpg

I'll be interested to see how Tamou and Jackson go in their respective roles.

I really don't see much value in Jackson unless he's starting and making some impact as a ball-playing/tackle machine lock thrown into get through the nitty gritty stuff early. Coming off the bench, I really can't see him making much of an impact and think he'd just be eating into everyone elses time.

Tamou is still too inconsistent for my liking and think he'd be better off coming on at around the 20 minute mark where he can take on the fatigued defence with his foot-work, fend and leg drive. Otherwise I think he gets lazy and can be caught out in the middle.

Has anyone coasted off their under 20s reputation more than Boyd Cordner? He already has way too many undeserved rep jerseys in my opinion.

Also Queensland will have their team named at 4pm.

Has anyone coasted off their under 20s reputation more than Boyd Cordner? He already has way too many undeserved rep jerseys in my opinion.

Yeah I don't understand why they pick Cordner as he is in my opinion one of the most overrated players in the NRL.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • marw
  • Skyblues87
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.