NEWS ‘Controversial call’: NRL to investigate bunker backflip

These clowns. They have a history of trying to spin situations to make them look better but course, they then have precedence and it usually comes back to bite them on the arse.

Easily THE worst administration this code has ever seen, including before the Super League War and sure as hell after it. Every decision they make is in the worst interests of the health of the game and (probably in their own minds) in the best interests of themselves.

I mean those comments from V'landal about Las Vegas, fair dinkum. Can you get any more self interested?

Klein was already going back to looking at Walsh and questioning whether what he did was or legal or not before Gee chimed in.

They need to come up with a better process for situations like this. I don't have any problem with on-field refs giving their two cents, but that should be done when they send it upstairs to the bunker and then they don't say anything after that.

Klein was already going back to looking at Walsh and questioning whether what he did was or legal or not before Gee chimed in.

They need to come up with a better process for situations like this. I don't have any problem with on-field refs giving their two cents, but that should be done when they send it upstairs to the bunker and then they don't say anything after that.

Umm...that IS the process. And sorry mate, I know you like to be contrarian but saying 'I've cleared this up to here' or to that effect and THEN being told the opposite and THEN going from saying - 'Walsh has eyes on the ball' (insert Gee saying no he doesn't) to 'Walsh only has eyes on Peachey' does not even remotely support this view. The evidence here is damning, don't bite on Annersalad's useless spin, it doesn't look good for intelligence.

And just to highlight how wrong this view is, see below:

Transcript ignoring the idiots in commentary):
Gee: Ash, we have no try. Just want to check there is no interference on contest or a push, just need to see if Kotoni gets it to ground on the first bit when he comes in.

Klein: Cleared the Broncos kick chase, supporting the onfield decision with Kotoni Staggs.
(Pause)
Reece Walsh is contesting the ball, we are playing on at this stage.
(indistinct Panthers chatter with Gee)

Gee: Stop, I need to listen
(Pause)
Yeah it doesn't look right to me Ash

Klein: Just having a look at Reece Walsh and whether he jumps into Tyrone Peachey
(Pause)
Reece Walsh always has eyes on Tyrone Peachey and takes him out which denies Tyrone Peachey the opportunity to defend. We have a decision.

That is just plain false., Klein says "Reece Walsh is contesting the ball and we are playing on at this stage" he then moves to grounding before Gee pipes up. Do you honestly think that is the case? Like I'm not trying to be a dick but do you have other vision/audio that is available or are you just opening up discussion?

Freaky just echoed what I wrote earlier. He's not being a contrarion, he just watched the video and I'd suggest @Sproj and @broncos4life do the same.

@Foordy is 100% right. Gee may not have interfered, but that was blatant incompetence from Klein and you know you're in trouble when he's supposedly the best official.

Freaky just echoed what I wrote earlier. He's not being a contrarion, he just watched the video and I'd suggest @Sproj and @broncos4life do the same.

@Foordy is 100% right. Gee may not have interfered, but that was blatant incompetence from Klein and you know you're in trouble when he's supposedly the best official.

Is transcribing the video not watching it closely enough?

Feel free to transcribe it.

Im not a smart man Pete, so break this down for me.

From what i have seen and heard.

Klein moved on from Reece and cleared it, Gee told him to look again, then he backflipped.

That is as close to the on field ref overruling the bunker as is possible.

I don't give a single fat **** that Annersely has come out and said "the wrong language was used" that is a copout and a load of horseshit.

No different to me saying something completely wrong, but then justifying it by saying i used the wrong words, so its all good.

I cannot fathom how this is being defended.
Klein was going to green light the try, until Gee piped up, plain and simple.

You CANNOT just say " the ref didnt clear it, he was still thinking it through" WHEN HE DID CLEAR IT, and the only reason it didnt get a green light was because Gee told him to re-check it.

So I actually went and watched it and basically, that audio is awful. It also seems to conclude that Klein is happy with it and is checking if Walsh has knocked it on. He then asks about whether he needs to have eyes on the ball the whole time and Gee chimes in. Absolute mess all round but I will concede that with this very very poor audio, it does put the whole thing in a slightly better light.

What i cant understand, is that you can do what Reece did and still be contesting the ball.
Especially if you are using the other player AFL style to jump off him and get higher to catch the ball first.
(what Reece did).
Should have been a try.
The on field ref should concede calls to the bunker, once the bunker is involved.

The NRL is a clownshow, run by clowns, and us clowns lap it up.
Its not just us either, there have been several other howlers this round, especially concerning "hip drop" tackles.

So I actually went and watched it and basically, that audio is awful. It also seems to conclude that Klein is happy with it and is checking if Walsh has knocked it on. He then asks about whether he needs to have eyes on the ball the whole time and Gee chimes in. Absolute mess all round but I will concede that with this very very poor audio, it does put the whole thing in a slightly better light.
Ordinarily, I would have gone to the extra effort but you can see why I didn't bother to transcribe it.

I cannot fathom how this is being defended.
Klein was going to green light the try, until Gee piped up, plain and simple.
Because it wasn't Gee who convinced him to have another look. Klein simply had a brain fart when he 'cleared' the contest and he was still deliberating when Gee interjected.

What i cant understand, is that you can do what Reece did and still be contesting the ball.
Especially if you are using the other player AFL style to jump off him and get higher to catch the ball first.
(what Reece did).
Should have been a try.
The on field ref should concede calls to the bunker, once the bunker is involved.

The NRL is a clownshow, run by clowns, and us clowns lap it up.
Its not just us either, there have been several other howlers this round, especially concerning "hip drop" tackles.
That’s what I thought, if he caught it AFL style it’s heroics? I don’t get the call.

Ordinarily, I would have gone to the extra effort but you can see why I didn't bother to transcribe it.

Because it wasn't Gee who convinced him to have another look. Klein simply had a brain fart when he 'cleared' the contest and he was still deliberating when Gee interjected.
Thats a massive brain fart man, a brain fart worthy of being stood down for a week or two at least as the NRL have had to come out and publicly defend what looks like an unprecedented fuckup.

So frustrating.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.