NEWS ‘Thrown under the bus’: Segeyaro to fight doping ban

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Since we all need a laugh at the moment, i thought i'd share this:

The CM is reporting that Segeyaro's lawyer is blaming the Broncos and NRL for his clients positive test. he also implies that Segeyaro was treated differently due to race (despite the fact that Shayna Jack and Bronson Xerri have been treated the same)

some quotes from his lawyer:

“We have had indigenous players reach out to James Segeyaro on regular basis and they have expressed their concern with the time this has taken and (his) wellbeing,” Fuller wrote.

“Does anyone seriously think the Australian captain would be put through a process like this? James does not have the same standing in the game as a leading player – but he deserves the right to be treated fairly and compassionately.

“We need to provide additional support to our indigenous athletes – not ostracise them in situations of duress such as this.”

“We have indicated to the NRL that James Segeyaro intends to appear before a league anti-doping tribunal,” Fuller wrote.

“We will be examining the role of certain people in positions of responsibility and their role in how an indigenous player came to be placed in a rental situation with a person who was using prohibited substances.

“In other words, he was placed in to this environment by his former club. There is absolutely no way that we will allow James Segeyaro to be thrown under the bus by the NRL for something that he did not intentionally do – and has never been involved in during a career of over 150 NRL first grade games.”

Play the race card, a-la Latrell and Addo-Carr. Deadset laughable.

They probably picked a good time to claim that with the whole BLM stuff.

Seems to me the lawyer is playing the race card in an attempt to create outrage and pressure them into doing what they want them to do.

You’ve got to be a reasonably smart person to be a lawyer right? Surely they aren’t that stupid to think it’s actually about race.

Is he setting the groundwork for a civil suit claiming that the NRL put him in the position and caused his career to tank?

Is there anyone that isn’t coming after the Broncos at this point. NSWRL for 32 years, Ben Cross’s lawyers, Segeyaros lawyers, ex players, the media, the fans, the board is attacking us from the inside. What the hell is going on?

Is there anyone that isn’t coming after the Broncos at this point. NSWRL for 32 years, Ben Cross’s lawyers, Segeyaros lawyers, ex players, the media, the fans, the board is attacking us from the inside. What the hell is going on?

The metaphor I'd use is that the Broncos were the snobby rich kid who used to bully everyone at school. Now it's 15 years after school finished and the Broncos are on centrelink, have a bunch of kids and have drug / alcohol issues. The result is everyone we used to bully is now laughing at us and taking pot shots because we're vulnerable for the first time ever.

The metaphor I'd use is that the Broncos were the snobby rich kid who used to bully everyone at school. Now it's 15 years after school finished and the Broncos are on centrelink, have a bunch of kids and have drug / alcohol issues. The result is everyone we used to bully is now laughing at us and taking pot shots because we're vulnerable for the first time ever.
This sounds about right. They also gave me lots of pleasure from like 2004-2008

I wouldn't describe Jed Allen, Allen Cann, Mark Hohn, Jonny Plath, Shaun Berrigan to name a few as snobby rich kids though.

I wouldn't describe Jed Allen, Allen Cann, Mark Hohn, Jonny Plath, Shaun Berrigan to name a few as snobby rich kids though.

Just talking about the organisation as a whole. We had more money than anyone, a better talent pool than anyone and we knew how to exploit it better than anyone.

That's no longer the case.

Just talking about the organisation as a whole. We had more money than anyone, a better talent pool than anyone and we knew how to exploit it better than anyone.

That's no longer the case.
I got your metaphor and would agree to was a pretty good analogy of what is happening, I just found it amusing to think of these guys as snobby rich kids.

Active Now

• ezpz
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.