08/09 Premier League Thread

Good signing, hopefully they can get rid of the mediocre dutchies now.

They need to sign a quality center half and they will surely be a ridiculously powerful team. Can't wait to watch el Classico next season.

Albiol looks to be on his way there as well, so there's your quality defensive signing.

Negredo heading to Valencia as part of the deal.

Barca have to get Ibra now that Villa is off the market. I hate the way Perez is buying a team.

Apparently Barca want Malouda, I hope to god this doesn't happen I don't rate him much at all.

Haha, how shit is the Gold Coast's new strip?

0_420_715_http---ihaymarketnetau-ga.jpg

In other news:

Ribery would supposedly prefer a move to Barca rather than Real.

Real Madrid are looking at signing Benzema for 25m pounds in 2010. They want to agree a deal now for next July.

Beachy said:
ningnangnong said:
Haha, how shit is the Gold Coast's new strip?

Looks like they should be playing in the Blue Square Premier

The kits in my comp are better than that disaster!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be the next Galactico after Valencia turned down Real Madrid’s offer for David Villa.

Last night Valencia directors officially declared star striker Villa was not for sale despite a £34m bid on the table.

It is reported this snub infuriated Florentino Perez so much that he is determined to create another huge splash on the transfer market.

Barcelona have not disguised their interest in Inter hitman Ibrahimovic, but have baulked at the £80m price-tag that President Massimo Moratti slapped on to the Swede.

According to the Sunday Times, Real Madrid would not have a problem shelling out for Ibracadabra.

He would complete their trident attack with Kaka (bought from Milan for £60m) and Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m from Manchester United).

Above all it would give Inter a suitable exchange with Wesley Sneijder and Higuain alongside a cash sum.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... un14k.html

IMO, Real are nuts if they give away Higuain.

Sky Sports News reports: Midfielder Yaya Toure's agent has claimed that the reported Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City target is about to sign a new deal at Barcelona.

In other news:

Liverpool are extremely close to signing Glen Johnson.

Real Madrid cannot afford David Villa, and have also seemingly given up on signing Alonso.

Villa now odds on to head to Barcelona.

Inter want something like 90m euros for Ibrahimovic.

And for the premier league lads, fixtures are released tommorow.

Here's what old mate Jorge Valdano has said:

“If Barca are prepared to offer €50 million, including Bojan and Caceres, for Villa, I would sell if I were Valencia, because we would not be able to arrive at that figure nor are we going to push it,†he said in an interview with Onda Cero and Radio Marca.

“We have been negotiating over the past week, but there were disagreements. It was mainly about money, but later on, there was also the issue of a including a player in the deal and that was causing an inflation.

“Everything seemed to be well on track but in the end, it all went astray.â€

Two other players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Bernabeu as a fall-back plan for Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Diego Forlan, also look unlikely to pull on the famous white jersey next season, as Valdano dismissed rumours that he is tracking them.

He confessed, “We have two or three different alternatives, but they are not either one of those two players.â€

“[Zinedine] Zidane speaks wonders of Ribery, and there was an interest at some point,†he revealed. “But that’s a difficult issue now because they [Bayern Munich] are setting astronomical figures as they have no intentions of selling him.

“As for Xabi, his club, Liverpool, have already released an official notice and it would be very difficult to see him move to Real Madrid. We made an effort to sign him a few years ago. We spoke to Real Sociedad but when I left, the interest faded away.

“And as for David Silva… I don’t know what to do with Valencia. I have read that he is itransferable.â€

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Behold
  • Footy Fanatic
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.