Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane’s big money offer
to keep David Fifita out of rivals’ hands

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
30 minutes ago

Last edited by a moderator:
100% want him to stay but i wouldn't pay 1 million on him until we get a high calibre 6 or 7.

So because his teammates talked him up he is now worth $1M

So this is the Courier Fail hitting rock bottom... can't believe how salty they are that Fifi wants to stay in Brisbane 🤣🤣

so the Titans went from only having 100k spare in their salary cap a month ago, to having a spare million today, without losing a single player ...

this type of accounting would make the Roosters accountant envious :rofl

Go to the Titans Dave. Do it. I dare you.

The week I remove the Badel warning, he comes out and spews this absolute fucking shit.

He would be foolish to go to the titans. No player has improved since going there, and their careers have gone backwards i.e. cash taylor, that side show bob looking guy, peats, peachy, boyd etc.

Their current best player (arrow) is looking at possibly going elsewhere.

im just saying, cause i don't know for sure right....but...

Im a sceptical bloke, believing very little i hear , see or read these days unless form absolute trusted sources...

Didnt 9 media buy Fairfax recently here in Australia?

So, the prime broadcaster of our game ALSO now owns the print media it needs to drive its own agendas. Ive noticed relocation talk sprout up (again)...and now this rubbish about Meninga and the Titans.

Is this one big set up? Get this story out there that Titans want to pinch a few of our best young forwards, then end up with neither AND lose Arrow.....whats the story then..?

"Oh, poor Gold Coast.....cant attract anyone regardless what they do.....hey, we should...RELOCATE them....best thing for the game etc..."

AFL is the number 1 sport in this country because they actually have a strategy and the strategy goes for 10-20 years in the future and they have the mandate to fund it for the life of it.

What do we have again...???

Im a sceptical bloke, believing very little i hear , see or read these days unless form absolute trusted sources...

So, the prime broadcaster of our game ALSO now owns the print media it needs to drive its own agendas. Ive noticed relocation talk sprout up (again)...and now this rubbish about Meninga and the Titans.

Is this one big set up? Get this story out there that Titans want to pinch a few of our best young forwards, then end up with neither AND lose Arrow.....whats the story then..?

"Oh, poor Gold Coast.....cant attract anyone regardless what they do.....hey, we should...RELOCATE them....best thing for the game etc..."

AFL is the number 1 sport in this country because they actually have a strategy and the strategy goes for 10-20 years in the future and they have the mandate to fund it for the life of it.

The Modus Op is the same as it's always been when the Broncos start to look dangerous, "better do everything we can to sow discord in that squad". The real question is, is Dave smart enough to see through that?

If Meninga wants Flegler he can have him, but he can keep his paws off Fifita if the club can help it.

I don't believe anything from the media anymore. On fox the othernight they all sat there saying there needs to be another team in Brisbane for one reason and that was to hurt it financially. To bring it down. Its the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

Expansion should solely be about improving the product not hurting it. It is a fantasy to think just because another team is plonked in SE QLD it is going to be a success. Brand recognition is everything and 30 years of it is behind the Broncos. The Goldcoast has struggled and a team any closer will also.

The Dolphins are viable just because they have a good leagues club that brings money in. But its no sure thing. It is probably the best bet but in my opinion needs a home ground. Playing out of Suncorp will be a fail.

The Dolphins are viable just because they have a good leagues club that brings money in. But its no sure thing. It is probably the best bet but in my opinion needs a home ground. Playing out of Suncorp will be a fail.

I agree they just need to upgrade their stadium
I think it currently holds 10 k - 12k so would have to bring it up to 20k - 25k at least and maybe more later.
However the problem is a Sydney club would have to be cut which I can’t see happening.
Going to 17 team comp would be crazy.

Agree for the most part, but cricket is still the number one sport in aus and always will be unless soccer takes a proper hold.

Edit: AFL might be more competent and professional behind the scenes, but they’re really polishing a turd of a product compared to RL (especially as a tv sport). There’s a reason why NRL gets superior ratings: it’s the better code. AFL thrives because of how cult like Victorians are towards it. Sure, it might be popular in WA, but I bet that RL would be a hit there if we put a side in Perth instead of allowing the Sydney wankers to spawn a plastic, titans like second Brisbane side in a sad attempt to weaken the Broncos, which is the real reason for the Brisbane 2 push.

Last edited:
Agree for the most part, but cricket is still the number one sport in aus and always will be unless soccer takes a proper hold.

Edit: AFL might be more competent and professional behind the scenes, but they’re really polishing a turd of a product compared to RL (especially as a tv sport). There’s a reason why NRL gets superior ratings: it’s the better code.

And the fact that AFL generally get sold out or near sold out stadiums each and every game...except on the Gold Coast but you know, Gold Coast.

And the fact that AFL generally get sold out or near sold out stadiums each and every game...except on the Gold Coast but you know, Gold Coast.

AFL is better live than on TV, which isn’t necessarily a good thing for the code.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • Yem
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • ezpz
  • Maroon4life
  • Bronx48
  • lynx000
  • Ejbroncos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tmac
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Loch Ness Monster
... and 47 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.