NEWS $1 Million to keep Fifita from Titans

One of the most frustrating things at the moment is the QLD media used to come out and defend the state when NSWRL started up slander.

Nowadays more of the slander comes from Qld media than NSW

Headline is deceptive. Presents an 'either or' situation yet there's alternatives.

Agree for the most part, but cricket is still the number one sport in aus and always will be unless soccer takes a proper hold.

Edit: AFL might be more competent and professional behind the scenes, but they’re really polishing a turd of a product compared to RL (especially as a tv sport). There’s a reason why NRL gets superior ratings: it’s the better code. AFL thrives because of how cult like Victorians are towards it. Sure, it might be popular in WA, but I bet that RL would be a hit there if we put a side in Perth instead of allowing the Sydney wankers to spawn a plastic, titans like second Brisbane side in a sad attempt to weaken the Broncos, which is the real reason for the Brisbane 2 push.

What sort of numbers are they pulling to non international matches?

What kind of stupid shit is this, Fifita is godly good but big contracts like this are based 100% on potential, Titans can Spend 1 Million because that's what is required to get any kind of decent talent to that shithouse club, but he isn't worth a million, 600-700k is reality and that is including future potential for now, he is still in the very early stages of his career.

Last edited:
all true.....plus talk about out of sight out of mind...

Going through this thread very little mention of Tevita when folk mention our young forwards...

FUK YEH.....WE ARE STACKED..!!!!

all true.....plus talk about out of sight out of mind...

Going through this thread very little mention of Tevita when folk mention our young forwards...

FUK YEH.....WE ARE STACKED..!!!!
I Hope Gillet is a 13 next year or a bench replacement for TPJ because I feel like funny buggers is till going to happen next year with him, as Seibold will still be in denial that TPJ is a Clearly a Second Rower.

How does this Badel twat have a job? I can make shit up too, but i don't get paid for it.

lol what a beat up. Why would anyone go to the Titans in their current state. Career hurting much

Also didn't Big Mal say they couldn't even give Glenn a contract because they dont even have 100k to spend. Like that was less then two weeks ago.

Also didn't Big Mal say they couldn't even give Glenn a contract because they dont even have 100k to spend. Like that was less then two weeks ago.
Ha! Totally forgot about that.

What happened to the stories that he had verbally committed to the club and that he was going to sign a new contract this week?

What happened to the stories that he had verbally committed to the club and that he was going to sign a new contract this week?
things change bro

Last edited:
things change bro

You base that off the ravings of a lunatic? In that same garbled nonsense he said they would be targeting CNK, the same CNK that has re-signed with the Raiders for multiple years.

People seem to be misunderstanding that Glenn was a target for 2020 and Fifita is available from 2021 only?

Just because they couldn't afford Glenn in 2020, it doesn't automatically make it so that they can't afford Fifita in 2021.

In terms of guys off contract after 2020 on probably decent money they have: Arrow, Gordon, James, Peats, Proctor and Latu (reportedly on something like 500-600k a season in Queensland Cup!)

Now obviously some of those guys will be retained, but you'd have to think a few of them are on the chopping block.

I personally don't see Fifita leaving us if we can come up with something like a $700k a season deal for him going forward, but I'm guessing that if the Titans wanted to offer him something crazy like $900-$1 million a season then they probably have the capacity to shift players and actually do that for 2021. Whether Fifita would honestly entertain that at a club like the Titans is far more questionable though.

Last edited:
You base that off the ravings of a lunatic? In that same garbled nonsense he said they would be targeting CNK, the same CNK that has re-signed with the Raiders for multiple years.
I was being facetious in relation to those "rumour mill pages", no way do i believe he would consider the titans. If his management advise him to, they have rocks in their head.

Last edited:
I was being facetious in relation to those "rumour mill pages", no way do i believe he would consider the titans. If his management advise him to, they have rocks in their head.
Watch him end up at the Roosters. By 2021 they'll have the $5 million a season in the cap that Cronk was taking up to be able to spend on some Origin and Kangaroos players.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.