NEWS $10 million Man ??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Badel's latest peice of "journalism" is that the club should offer a $10 million, 7 year contract to this man:

L keary

he goes on to say that at the end of next year 32 halves are off contract, but only 3 (Keary, A. Reynolds and Pearce) have won a premiership.

He says that Keary, is only on 700k at the Roosters, but with Tedesco, JWH, Cordner and Friend, The Roosters won't have much room to move under their sombrero. (he did forget about Crichton who is reportedly on $1 million)

he says that moving on Milford and Bird would give us $2 million to spend, and the deal he thinks we should do is this:

$1.5 million per year over 7 years making Keary the highest paid player in the game

Ooh juicy question is would we swap Fifita for Keary?

What a load of shit. Keary? He is ok. However, he looks good because the Roosters are good and Robinson knows the shapes to maximise the strengths of his key players.

Swap Fifita for Keary? You're not serious are you. It must be a joke, yes?

Last edited:
Badel's latest peice of "journalism" is that the club should offer a $10 million, 7 year contract to this man:

he goes on to say that at the end of next year 32 halves are off contract, but only 3 (Keary, A. Reynolds and Pearce) have won a premiership.

He says that Keary, is only on 700k at the Roosters, but with Tedesco, JWH, Cordner and Friend, The Roosters won't have much room to move under their sombrero. (he did forget about Crichton who is reportedly on $1 million)

he says that moving on Milford and Bird would give us $2 million to spend, and the deal he thinks we should do is this:

$1.5 million per year over 7 years making Keary the highest paid player in the game

Never. Ever.

None of the current halves are worth anywhere near $1.5m a season IMO, now if say Johnathan Thurston or a certain D Lockyer were still playing, I would throw that money at them in a heartbeat.

Those guys had everything. Thurston and Lockyer could carry a team or take control and win games on their own.

With those two players you knew you were always in the game.

Last edited:
Tedesco is off contract at the same time and I’d happily make him the richest man in rugby league for 2-3 years.
It does beg the question doesn't it. If someone in their heart of hearts believes that Keary is justified at $1.5 million a season, what on Earth does that make Tedesco worth?

Last edited:
And, he has had concussion issues.

Serious question - how many more knocks away is he from forced retirement? Hasn't he had to sit out a week for concussion a few times?

Ahhh so the narrative from NSWRL is:

"Broncos should let Fifita walk and throw the salary cap at Keary"

Tedesco is off contract at the same time and I’d happily make him the richest man in rugby league for 2-3 years.

I'd prefer to see what Niu offers from the back

I'd prefer to see what Niu offers from the back

Sure. Teddy to broncos would never happen anyway but hypothetically we would still get a season to see what Niu has beforeTedesco is allowed to be spoken to.
[automerge]1592954637[/automerge]
I reckon the Broncs should target RTS if Niu isn’t ready/leaves, I suspect he’s gettable.
Won’t get any arguments from me. Huge Rog fan as a player and bloke.

Last edited:

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • eggstar10
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  • RodF
  • Justwin
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.