13/14 Football Thread

Haha, I've read the general idea is - donate sperm, get more Getafe supporters and so forth.

Also, I see Atletico Madrid didn't waste any time in spending their Aguero money! Big deal for Falcao.
Yeah, and no bad word from me to 'El Tigre", who unlike Vilas Boas was of extreme dignity and correction with Porto. He'll be earning a massive salary, but his sporting career took a huge backward step. He won't be playing amongst the best where he belongs, he will just be playing against them... :rolleyes:

45M Euros is a butt load of money and we have heaps of youngsters in our ranks ready to explode in the coming season I hope. It is a big blow right before the showdown with Barcelona though... :sigh:

Unlucky Porthoz, better side won but Porto were in it for a long time and probably should have had a penalty near the end to possibly make it 1-1. The handball by Abidal was the correct call as it was in the D not the penalty box I hate the way commentators constantly get that rule wrong, the D is only there for when spot kicks are taken to give the taker more room. Barca were good in possession today and should have made more of some of the chances, but the difference was Messi although lucky for his goal it took class to round Helton and then his pass for Cesc was a beauty. Sanchez and Fabregas are settling in well both looked sharp in late cameos. Very optimistic for another big Barca season!

Yeah, the better team won in the end, and you could definitely notice the lack of rythm in our team, with the ball not flowing as well as usual. Of course, Barca had plenty to do with that too.
We suffered a bit with the Copa America, but more so with the U20's World Cup and the loss of Falcao. In a few months we'll hopefully have absorbed the new faces and will be back to full form.
Too bad about the penalty, it could've been the 1-1 and you never know what would happen next.

Still, proud of my team, who played positive footy against Barca unlike other teams with 10x the budget, got the rough end of the pineapple in several ref calls, and stayed within range for most of the game against the best club team ever assembled.

Congratulations to Barca of course!

Re: 11/12 Football Thread

What a highly embarrassing episode of events today. Farcical penalty to decide the championship and then they give the MOTM medal to the wrong player! I think NSWRL has their next administration team.

What a highly embarrassing episode of events today. Farcical penalty to decide the championship and then they give the MOTM medal to the wrong player! I think NSWRL has their next administration team.
It's a penalty, the defender hit the stand leg. Whether Berisha made a meal of it or not, is irrelevant!
Who did you think was more deserving of the MOTM?

It's a penalty, the defender hit the stand leg. Whether Berisha made a meal of it or not, is irrelevant!
Who did you think was more deserving of the MOTM?

When I say they gave the medal to the wrong player, I don't mean it as a statement that I think they should have chosen somebody else. I mean they literally gave the medal to a player whom the panel didn't decide was the MOTM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-22/burns-belatedly-receives-award/3965434?section=sport

When I say they gave the medal to the wrong player, I don't mean it as a statement that I think they should have chosen somebody else. I mean they literally gave the medal to a player whom the panel didn't decide was the MOTM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-22/burns-belatedly-receives-award/3965434?section=sport
Oh wow... Didn't know about that. That is really f'd up! :shake:

FTR, I do agree that Burns deserved the medal, but since they normally always give it to a player from the winning team, I thought they were going to give to Berisha, but was happy with Broich.

We complain about how League is run, and sure, there is plenty to improve, but soccer is so much worse nowadays, especially since that idiot Blatter is in charge, and the FFA is just following suit it seems...

Campione Campione Ole Ole Ole!!! Was a great day!

So... Roy Hodgson appointed as England's new manager.

Classic move from the FA. Get rid of one of the best managers in the world in Capello, and replace him with Roy Hodgson. :lol:

I hope he fails miserably.

FC Porto has won the Liga for the second year running! :woot:

So... Roy Hodgson appointed as England's new manager.

Classic move from the FA. Get rid of one of the best managers in the world in Capello, and replace him with Roy Hodgson. :lol:

I hope he fails miserably.

looking forward to Englands failure at Euros!

I can't wait for the Euros! Come on Polska! :rockon:

What an absolutely amazing finish to the season!!!

And it couldn't have taken the title away from a nicer team either!

****ing brilliant. DELIGHTED!!! :rockon:

I hate chequebook footy, so the winners can FOAD alongside Chelski. Not that Manure is much better, but at least they develop some players through their system and their squad is not exlusively comprised of mercenaries... :rolleyes:

as u guys know, i hate english football and i never watch epl, but last night i made an exception. good decision, so exciting!

Also, how big of a cat is Joey Barton? Incredible that he keeps getting a chance. 10 game ban is a joke, for someone like him it should be 10 years.

This is how you celebrate a championship ladies and gents. FC Porto 2012 Champions party with Coldplay:

Porto%20Championship%202012.jpg

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.