International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
84e67955393dea7e9c9380ebe24a699d

17 of the best: Wayne Bennett’s favourite all-time players

May 24, 2018

Source: Fox Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha the old troll puts Tallis in there. Love it.

I totally expected he would. That's what comes with maturity (generally anyway) That's simply another example of the mans thinking. He doubtless believes what he said about Tallis and despite Tallis's shit talk,WB simply puts it to one side to give Tallis his due. This is one of the attributes of a great man.

Oh, although I'm sure WB didn't intend the following when he nominated Tallis but there will be a happy spin off. Tallis will read it, or at least it will be read to him and he will be humbled by it. For a while at least he'll go easy in his condemnation of WB because on a deeper level he'll likely feel he doesn't want to lose that WB respect that comes from being in WBs top 15.

Tallis and Lazarus both have articles on Fox Sports at the moment bagging Bennett, yet here they are.

No Hodgo and Minto.

This is a farce.

Tallis and Lazarus both have articles on Fox Sports at the moment bagging Bennett, yet here they are.
My guess is going forward it( being on WBs List) will temper the criticism from those two.

It's an excerpt from his book though. He wrote that a long time ago. But wb being wb , he no doubt still stands by it regardless.

as a player, i have no doubt that Tallis would have been one of his favourites ... as a commentator though would be another story

I like that he included players like Chris Johns, Michael Devere and Kevin Campion, they are often overlooked in squads of stars and are the type of players who you know when a side turns up to play or the side is off, they will always be giving their best.

It wasn’t at all. It was all direct quotes from tonight’s interview with Ennis.

Some of you blokes talk as if your word is gospel and it rarely is. It does absolutely nothing for your credibility long term.

To be fair though, most of what Wayne said was almost verbatim from his books.

I’m sure he’s talked about his special players many times. I noted this comment earlier because I knew it was from tonight’s interview as I’d heard snippets through the week.

TBH, I’m triggered by people talking in absolutes when they are simply absolutely wrong.

How hard is it to precede with: I think/maybe/do you think/I’m not sure, but..?
I have made this point dozens of times and you are totally correct. The older you get the less inclined you are to make absolute statements, it's simply part of wisdom. That doesn't mean you cannot or should not make absolute statements, some are no brainers. It's about being selective, that's the key.

It wasn’t at all. It was all direct quotes from tonight’s interview with Ennis.

Some of you blokes talk as if your word is gospel and it rarely is. It does absolutely nothing for your credibility long term.

Bizarre attack, champ.

He first wrote that in his book, you can go read it if you like, not sure why you are attacking a statement of fact especially with a personal shot. You could perhaps check your facts? Especially considering your personal attack is about getting facts straight.

IllI give you the benefit of doubt that you haven't checked facts here.

I normally ignore you TBH, so my bad. I’ll get back to that.

Bizarre soup. Rather than attacking people on the internet - go read Don't Die with the Music You - and in particular the section entitled "You've got the wrong one!" where WB recounts the story of Tallis and his brother. Which he wrote 16 years ago.

Better yet read the whole thing it will make you think twice about your pettiness.

C'mon lads. Hug and make up, and back onto the topic at hand.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • porouian
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncoFan94
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.