20/20 V India

Well they just swept Australia C 3-0, it's a big achievement.

India just to good again. The only positive to come out of this apart from Watson tonight is Boyce. He bowled very very well tonight, keeping the run rate down picking up a couple of wickets including Kohli and would've had 3 if Bancroft held on to the ball. I would easily put him on the plane to India.

Say what you like about Watson he was excellent with both the bat and ball tonight, though he could've done his sums better as a captain but it's good to see him performing. I've always liked Watson.

The I can't believe they played for Australia XI:

1. Ed Cowan
3. Rob Quiney
7. Graham Manou
8. Scott Boland
9. Mick Lewis
10. Dan Cullen
11. Paul Wilson

Fill in the blanks.

oh hai !

84155414-andrew-mcdonald-of-australia-shares-a-laugh-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
No way!! Ronnie McDonald should have got MORE games, he was incredibly underrated.

As for my World Cup 20/20 first choice side on the proviso Starc, Cummins, Patto and Finch are all injured and unavailable, I'd go with:

1. Khawaja ( he's just on another level right now and is so perfectly suited to slow wickets with his wristiness)
2. Warner (picks himself)
3. Watson (for whatever reason he only makes runs in the top three and he can't run between wickets so he is wasted coming in at the death. He is also our only decent seam bowler available)
4. Smith (c) (picks himself)
5. Maxwell (picks himself, plus another spin option on those wickets is vital)
6. Head ( controversial I'm sure but as much as I love Lynn, his glaring hitting weakness is against spin, makes him kind of out of the picture in a subcontinent World Cup, plus ahead is a more than handy spin option who has a happy knack of picking up wickets)
7. Handscomb (I'm not sold on Wade at this level and you need a keeper who is quality behind the stumps in this format, kind of rules out all the other options but Nevill and he is not so good at this format. Plus Handscomb is a gun in waiting)
8. Faulkner (Just hope his form picks up because he could be a major trump card)
9. Boyce (Showed what he has got and it is impressive, could be deadly on the subcontinent)
10. Hogg (We aren't building for the future here and he is a rare commodity, a left-arm wristy with a deadly wrong-un and a sublimely better fieldsman than what the men half his age have shown in this series)
11. Coulter-Nile (He is the best of a bad second-rate bunch available and he is more than handy as a late innings hitter as well. If he's out, Tait because at least he has pace despite nothing else and that is precisely what all the other options have - nothing)

Coulter-Nile will struggle to be fit for the world cup. Dislocated shoulders aren't something to be messed around with especially for fast bowlers. I will be very surprised if he is fit.

Finch reckons he'll be ready, I'm not so sure, but I'll go with it, throw Watson at opener and Lynn at 3 if he's out.

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Watson
4. Smith
5. Khawaja
6. Maxwell
7. Faulkner
8. Wade
9. Boyce
10. Pattinson (Starc if fit)
11. Hazlewood

Oh yeah Hazlewood, completely forgot about him, throw NCN/Tait out of my team above.

Not even close. Scored a test 50 and from memory played a big role in the new years test win against South Africa in 2009. Averages 39 with the bat and 28 with the ball at first class level.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.