2009/2010 NFL Thread

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Drafted players have been signed and training camps have begun. Countdown to the season begins.

Patriots looking the goods this year. Tom Brady returning from injury and a couple of good signings in the off season on both offense and defence has me Big Kev excited.

Key Player

Tom Brady - The star QB is back training after missing last season to a knee injury. Got married in the off season and has plenty to play for. He is definitely going to be key to our year once more. His combination with Randy Moss and Wes Welker should be stronger than ever given both Moss and Welker are now into their 3rd year of the complicated Patriots offense.

Arrivals

Fred Taylor - Off season signing from the Jaguars, Taylor should fit in nicely to that Pats' backfield. Likely to share carries with Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk - making a dynamic 3 pronged running attack.

Joey Galloway - He's 37 now, but showed last year that he can still cut it. His experience and hands should provide Brady with a reliable 3rd WR.

Leigh Bodden & Shawn Springs- Both were off season recruits, and both are great shut-down corners. After trading Ellis Hobbs during the draft the Patriots have found two excellent replacements. I expect both Bodden and Springs to start, and to have a great 09/10 season.

Other new faces include;

TE - Chris Baker (Jets)
LS - Nathan Hodel (Cardinals)
LB - Tully Banta-Cain (49ers)
C - Al Johnson (Dolphins - UFA)
OT - Damane Duckett (49ers - UFA)
S - Brandon McGowan (Bears - UFA)

Departures

Matt Cassel - Originally given the franchise tag by Bill Belichick, Cassel was traded to Kansas City during the draft in exchange for a 2nd round pick in the 2009 Draft. Cassel had his breakout season in 08/09, and that Patriots could have used him for depth. Let's hope Tom Brady stays injury free this year.

Mike Vrabel - Traded with Cassel for the Chiefs' 2nd round pick. The ex-pro bowler will be hard to replace in the second line. His versatility playing tight-end takes one less play out of the Patriots armoury.

Ellis Hobbs - As mentioned earlier, was traded to the Eagles for two 5th round selections. Would be a much greater loss had the Pats' not signed replacements as good as they did.

Other Departures were;

WR - Jabar Gaffney (Broncos)
RB - LaMont Jordan (Broncos)
LS - Lonie Paxton (Broncos)
FB - Heath Evans (Saints)
LB - Larry Izzo (Jets)
WR - Kelley Washington (FA)

Overall, hopefully a great season for the Pats' that sees Brady back to his best setting records and another 16-0 season.

Clintos said:
Overall, hopefully a great season for the Pats' that sees Brady back to his best setting records and another 17-0 season.

Or another 18-1 season...

manning.eli.jpg

LOLZ. I'll pay that.

Anything can happen in the playoffs - so I don't care too much about that. I'd be very happy with another 16-0 regular season. If we happen to lose to another shithouse team in the post-season again, then so be it. I'll be upset, but I'll know my team was the best team for the whole season - bar one game.

I seriously can't wait for round 1.

Clintos said:
LOLZ. I'll pay that.

Anything can happen in the playoffs - so I don't care too much about that. I'd be very happy with another 16-0 regular season. If we happen to lose to another shithouse team in the post-season again, then so be it. I'll be upset, but I'll know my team was the best team for the whole season - bar one game.

I seriously can't wait for round 1.

Yeah but nobody gives a **** what you do in the regular season, it's all about the Super Bowl baby.

Eagles, Steelers, Saints, Pats will all be up there this year.

I hope Josh McDaniels loses his job before the end of the season. I'm not a Denver fan but he royally fucked that franchise for a very, very long time. First he gets rid of Cutler, probably in the top 8 QBs in the league, then drafts a running back (albeit a very good one) after the team signed about 4 of them, while the defense which was pathetic last year is switching to a 3-4. I can't see them doing anything this year.

I also think the Cards are on track for a crap season. Warner seems to be up and down between seasons, and losing a Super Bowl in the fashion they did would make it hard for them. I expect Seattle to win their conference.

Dallas will be sucky after losing TO and gaining nobody really.

And ps. I don't expect Matt Cassell to do anything this year to warrant earning $14M. It's easy to throw TDs when you have Randy Moss and Wes Welker. He is a flash in the pan and will not be at KC after season's end.

I reckon the Dolphins will have a good year as well. Taylor and Porter will be running that defence.

They will go well, don't think they will make the play-offs back to back however.

When does fantasy start up again? Lol.

Michael Vick has been signed by the Eagles on a one year deal, with the option of a second.

Good luck to him. A very exciting player despite his off field shenanigans.

**** him and **** the NFL for letting him back in the league and **** the Eagles for signing him. The only thing I would like to see scum like him do is to be mauled to death by a pack of dogs.

......Raiders FTW

pennywisealfie said:
**** him and **** the NFL for letting him back in the league and **** the Eagles for signing him. The only thing I would like to see scum like him do is to be mauled to death by a pack of dogs.

......Raiders FTW

Pfft whatever, he's done his time good luck to him. It's not like he killed a person ffs.

I hope he goes well, definite gone to Eagles with wildcat in Andy Reid's mind I reckon.

Je$ter said:
pennywisealfie said:

......Raiders FTW

Pfft whatever, he's done his time good luck to him. It's not like he killed a person ffs.

I hope he goes well, definite gone to Eagles with wildcat in Andy Reid's mind I reckon.

Spot on.

PWA is just upset he isn't wearing Black and White. I don't know why though - no one wants to wear that.

Clintos said:
Je$ter said:
pennywisealfie said:

......Raiders FTW

Spot on.

PWA is just upset he isn't wearing Black and White. I don't know why though - no one wants to wear that.

Pfft. EXCEPT..Ken Stabler, Rich Gannon, Phil Villipiano, Dave Casper, Fred Biletnikoff, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson and the list goes on..

Go the Giants. Keen to see how this season's side shapes up against the Panthers tonight.

Are you a Giants fan?

Should be interesting to see how they go this year. Hixon and Smith will really need to stand up if they want to have a dominant passing game. Jacobs will need to stay injury free too. Ward isn't there to back him up anymore.

Personally, I hope they crash and burn. :)

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.