2009 Lineup

Very true Assassin. Michaels is the pick of those 3 (Michaels, Kemp and Boyd) and getting injured made him stay because all of the interest would have just disappeared. I feel sorry for him but feel lucky for the club!

Beale said:
Give it 5 games and people will be VERY excited about having the forgotten Steve Michaels back in the backline.

He is going to have an awesome year, he has only shown us glimpses of what he can do, hopefully this is his year.

Im sure most people know if he wasn't injured this year, Darius would not have been on that wing in origin.

Agreed, rate him very highly.

Beale said:
Give it 5 games and people will be VERY excited about having the forgotten Steve Michaels back in the backline.

He is going to have an awesome year, he has only shown us glimpses of what he can do, hopefully this is his year.

Im sure most people know if he wasn't injured this year, Darius would not have been on that wing in origin.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Losing Michaels to injury last year was a huge blow, but we were still lucky to have someone like Kemp who could fill in.

Michaels is versatile, quick, solid in defence and has a great work ethic on the field. I rate him extremely highly and I think he will only continue to improve in a backline which is studded with great promise. IMO one of the most underrated players in our team. Actually, THE most underrated. icon_thumbs_u

My worry with Michaels is how much his pace and agility will be damaged after the operation. He's pretty damn quick, has good vision and is a pretty good defender too. Hopefully he gets back to his form from early last season.

Physically he won't have any problems. It's psychologically whether he'll be game to step off that leg etc that will decide how well he comes back.

I think if Michaels stayed in first grade last year he would have been the one at a different club this year, not Kemp.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Bronx48
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • MrRobot
  • broncsgoat
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Behold
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • azza.79
  • Santa
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.