2011 World Cup Tips

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
OK, we're into the finals now (finally!).

Make your tips.

Pakistan vs West Indies - Pakistan win
India vs Australia - India win
New Zealand vs South Africa - South Africa win
Sri Lanka vs England - Sri Lanka win

Semi finals:
India vs Pakistan - India win
Sri Lanka vs South Africa - Sri Lanka win

Final:
Sri Lanka vs India - Sri Lanka win

I'd go with yours. Mind you these are the only teams that should be in the cup, maybe add Ireland and the bangers

Becomes an argument similar to the league and union world cups where minnows get in when realistically a handful of teams are genuine contenders.

I don't have a problem with the likes of Ireland and Kenya playing, but for the love of humanity, make the tournament shorter.

Would much rather 4 groups of 4. Each group has 2 of the top 8 teams. Play the others in the group once, so 3 matches. Top 2 from each group into the quarter finals. Then semis. Then final.

Could be all over in 3 weeks, rather than the snorefest 6 week tournament it is.

Aussies are a chance but other than that your tips are spot on. India should win it.

I want anyone but Sri Lanka to win, my bestie is Sri Lankan, I coudln't bare her bragging for the next however many years. Gah. Vomits.

Of course I don't want India to win either because they are the epitome of evil.

So I go with an Aussie v Sri Lanka GF. Aussie to win.

mrslong said:
I want anyone but Sri Lanka to win, my bestie is Sri Lankan, I coudln't bare her bragging for the next however many years. Gah. Vomits.

Of course I don't want India to win either because they are the epitome of evil.

So I go with an Aussie v Sri Lanka GF. Aussie to win.

Interesting fact. That'd make the 3rd time Australia vs Sri Lanka played out a World Cup final

What odds are the Pakis? If they bowl first they can skittle them the way Umar Gul is bowling

Call me crazy but I reckon New Zealand are a chance of upsetting the Cricket-boks. Have shown some good signs with the bat this tournament and South Africa are known to choke. It's a long shot but it wouldn't surprise me.

Other than that I tipped Sri Lanka at the start to win it and I am happy with that.

Aussies are gone I think.

India are a chance to choke I'm front of a home crowd but I think sehwag will feast on our bowling

Browny said:
India are a chance to choke I'm front of a home crowd but I think sehwag will feast on our bowling

I can envisage a lot of his massive swipes over point for 6 coming off the erratic pace of Tait, Lee and Johnson. I think we will get flogged, they are too strong in batting and too strong in slower bowling options and I think we will lose very easily because of that. White if picked again to score under 5.

From here I'll tip India (*chunder*), Sri Lanka and the lowly Kiwis to pull off a big upset against the chokers.

Sri Lanka and India after that, then little brother to to send the hosts rioting in the streets after the final.

To all the lucky people who don't have foxtel, you get to see the cricket at 11 pm. Brilliant. [icon_thumbs_do

Bucking Beads said:
To all the lucky people who don't have foxtel, you get to see the cricket at 11 pm. Brilliant. [icon_thumbs_do

I have Foxtel and am therefore awesome, but that is pathetic. Channel 9 have 3 channels and can't find room for the cricket. Hopeless. Shouldve been SBS!!!

Bucking Beads said:
David Hussey seriously??? [eusa_doh

In hindsight he did a good job.

Pity about Clarke, Mussey, White and Shaun Twat.

Got a text from my Sri Lankan bff in the middle of the night. :mad: Bugger it all to hell. [icon_thumbs_do

Jeba said:
Call me crazy but I reckon New Zealand are a chance of upsetting the Cricket-boks. Have shown some good signs with the bat this tournament and South Africa are known to choke. It's a long shot but it wouldn't surprise me.

[icon_wink

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.