2013 Australian Federal Election

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Nashy, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Tags:
    Coxy likes this.
  2. subsbligh

subsbligh NRL Captain

Labour... "if I sit still and do nothing, maybe no-one will notice me and will forget about the abomination of a term we've had"

Counting down until KRudd's 3rd shot at a leadership coup.

Porthoz likes this.
  3. If they lose I reckon they'll go back to Rudd, get the numbers, only to dump him again.

8 months of biting my tongue on Facebook (Because I really don't want to get involved, it will be bad for my health and wellbeing).

Poor tongue. It's been nice knowing you. We've licked a lot of nice pu...dding.

4. 8 months? You will be on the verge of a stomach ulcer.

I'll be shocked if Labor win.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

At least you'll have 3 kids to keep you busy

Coxy likes this.
  6. Want to guarantee a liberal victory? get rid of Abbott. Thats the only thing holding the election back from a Liberal landslide is people who think its a vote for PM and not a vote for governing party. Generally these people are single mothers as Abbott has offended women in the past with some of the stupid shit he says.

Then the only people that will vote for Labor are extreme feminists, redheads and the unemployed and everyone knows they don't count.

dukey likes this.
  7. subsbligh

subsbligh NRL Captain

If Abbott plays nothing but a straight bat from here until July he should get the gig easily.

From July onwards just plaster this all over radio, internet and TV and every debate:

Craig Thomson
    Fair Work mess
    Health Services Union mess, unions in general
    Voting for a party within a party
    MRRT
    Carbon Tax
    Slipper debacle
    Budget surplus forecast -> deficit
    Gillard's voice/patronising diction
    No "female PM" novelty factor vote.

Coxy likes this.
  8. There are plenty of militant lefties who won't budge from supporting Labor/The Greens (lol) as well. I also agree regarding Abbott. I feel like a victory for the LNP will be much more likely if Abbott wasn't their leader. That doesn't seem to be a popular opinion amongst the hardline Liberal supporters though.

9. Yeah, the problem is what happens with Turnbull as leader (he's the only other realistic option, and is universally popular with the exception of the hard core right wing libs). He doesn't object to the carbon tax or other actions like it, so he'd be less likely to wind it back. On the plus side he'd also object to their stupid "direct action" plan.

The climate change issue is the main one. He was happy to go along with Rudd in 2009 and support the legislation, which would just have give Rudd a rock star like welcome at the IPCC and popularity back home. The fact Turnbull was happy to go along with the Rudd legislation probably has him blackmarked from ever being leader again.

10. Anyone but the redhead from hell... Anyone!

Coxy likes this.
  11. subsbligh

subsbligh NRL Captain

I used to hate Abbott passionately during the Howard years. Conceited, Sydney Uni law/Oxford, wanker.

He seems to have mellowed and is not so smug on camera. The "I don't hate women" campaign were he hid behind his wife on the Today show was terrible and terribly carried out.

Nashy likes this.
  12. Yeah, but I don't know how else he could counter the ridiculous Gillard "Abbott's a dirty stinking misogynist" campaign that was proving so effective.

13. Looks like everyone on BHQ is a liberal fan.

14. Bucking Beads

I'm not a fan of either party . Both Parties aren't giving us a decent option

Playboy Bunny likes this.
  15. I'm more a Labor hater than a Liberal fan.

Porthoz, subsbligh and Nashy like this.
  16. Yeah, BHQ has traditionally been a Liberal party circlejerk.

17. Bucking Beads

I just wish we had someone who you felt confident is worth voting for.

18. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I thought it might die off a little after Rocky's departure, but if anything, it the Liberal love seems to have grown.

Because Rocky's departure coincided with Gillard exceeding even the staunchest liberal's expectations for a Labor fail... :P

Seriously I can't think of one good thing Gillard has done as PM. Not one.

Even Rudd I could manage 1 (the apology albeit a relatively pointless bit of symbolism), but absolutely nothing for Gillard.