2014-15 NBA Season!

kaidenshipley

kaidenshipley

BRL Player
Jul 5, 2013
With most squads beginning to compete in intra-squad scrimmages and participating in media days, the upcoming NBA season is quickly approaching.

For referencing purposes.
Off-season signings: 2014 Free Agency Signings : nba
Off-season trades: 2014 Off-Season Trades : nba
Depth charts for each team: 2014 NBA Depth Charts - Rotoworld.com

Personally, I believe that San Antonio will once again be a powerhouse team. Miami Heat will still compete in a weak Eastern Conference, but, will not have the championship credentials that LeBron brought to the team. The Timberwolves might surprise a few people with the vast array of young talent on their roster and the Pelicans, led by Anthony Davis, could be a team to watch. Now, to my beloved Lakers. The return of Kobe will help a lot. Adding Julius Randle and Jeremy Lin will also benefit the team. However, with a weak starting 5, I can only see this team reaching 6th at best in a stacked Western Conference

Discuss anything NBA related for this up coming season in this thread.

Last edited:
Starting guards of Kobe and Lin with Nash and Clarkson backups would be nice to see for the Lakers

sixth place in the west would be nothing short of a major sporting miracle for this Lakers group imo...

It's the Bulls year if the Glass Rose stays fit.

Bulls won't pass the Cavs, Rose is made of glass and Gasol is far from consistent. There is a reason LA fans kept asking for himt o be traded.

sixth place in the west would be nothing short of a major sporting miracle for this Lakers group imo...

I agree, but it was just an optimistic prediction on the Lakers' season. IMO they will be lucky to crack the top 10 in the west.

I agree, but it was just an optimistic prediction on the Lakers' season. IMO they will be lucky to crack the top 10 in the west.

With how many people are saying the Lakers will be nothing in the West, I expect them to make the 8.

With how many people are saying the Lakers will be nothing in the West, I expect them to make the 8.

But look at the quality of teams that make up the west. Spurs, OKC, Clips, Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets, Blazers, Mavs, all would make it over us IMO. Then you have unproven teams like the Pelicans and Suns who could potentially make some noise.

Paul George (Broken Leg) - Season
Rajon Rondo (Broken Hand) - 8 Weeks
Nick Young (Torn Ligaments in Thumb) - 8 Weeks
Channing Frye (Strained MCL) - 4-8 Weeks
Bradley Beal (Broken Wrist) - 8 Weeks
Kevin Durant (Broken Foot) - 8 Weeks

Great start to the season..

MM4IOfk.gif

Quin Snyder, the coach of the Utah Jazz, you guys think anyone would be game enough to skip practice?

The future of Australian basketball is looking so bright, really looking forward to the next few years.

2016 - Ben Simmons - SF - 6'9" (Predicted #1 Overall)

2017 - Thon Maker - C - 7'0" (Predicted #1-3 Overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested, there's a new show starting on ESPN tomorrow called "Grantland Basketball Show", it's hosted by Bill Simmons, Jalen Rose & Jeff Van Gundy.. who are probably my 3 favourite personalities in NBA media, should be really good.

Airs at 9am Queensland time on ESPN tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Not fussed with ESPN at the moment, playing a bunch of school yard games and just looking like idiots.

I have no luck in my fantasy selections just like VNRL.

Paul George - Out for season
Kevin Durant - Out for 8-10
Bradley Beale - Out for 6-8.

I have no luck in my fantasy selections just like VNRL.

Paul George - Out for season
Kevin Durant - Out for 8-10
Bradley Beale - Out for 6-8.
You must be fucking hitting it with the women though! :wink:

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.