2015 Ladder Prediction

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think it's time for everyone to guess where the teams will finish by the end of the year before the season starts. I've gone through the draw and guessed who will win each game and made my own ladder from it. Probably way off but I didn't do too badly last year.

1 North QLD Cowboys
2 Penrith Panthers
3 Brisbane Broncos
4 South Sydney Rabbitohs
5 Sydney Roosters
6 New Zealand Warriors
7 Cronulla Sharks
8 Canterbury Bulldogs
9 Melbourne Storm
10 Manly Sea-Eagles
11 Parramatta Eels
12 Gold Coast Titans
13 St George Illawarra Dragons
14 Canberra Raiders
15 West Tigers
16 Newcastle Knights

1. South Sydney Rabbitohs
2. Penrith Panthers
3. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
4. North Queensland Cowboys
5. Sydney Roosters
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. Cronulla Sharks
9. Warriors
10. Manly Sea Eagles
11. Newcastle Knights
12. Parramatta Eels
13. Wests Tigers
14. St George Illawarra Dragons
15. Canberra Raiders
16. Gold Coast Titans

Based on nothing but guess work.

Only selections I'm semi-confident about are Souths winning the minor premiership, Penrith improving and Cowboys into the Top 4. Brisbane to improve but not by much and the Roosters to slide a little.

Bottom 8 was a crap shoot really with the exception of the Titans winning the spoon. I think that's a reality for them.

The only prediction that doesn't sit well with me is Manly. Now that I've tipped them to miss the 8 I can see them making it the bastards.

1- Cowboys
2- Souffs
3- Manly
4- Broncos
5- Sharks
6- Chooks
7- Dogs
8- Panthers
9- Warriors
10- Eels
11- Storm
12- Tigers
13- Knights
14- Dragons
15- Titans
16- Faders (Sticky factor)

Based on absolutely nothing!

1. Bulldogs
2. Souths
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Penrith
6. Broncos
7. Storm
8. Manly
9. Warriors
10. Knights
11. Raiders
12. Sharks
13. Eels
14. Tigers
15. Dragons
16. Titans

1. Souths
2. Bulldogs
3. Roosters
4. Broncos
5. Manly
6. Panthers
7. Warriors
8. Cowboys
9. Storm
10. Sharks
11. Tigers
12. Eels
13. Raiders
14. Dragons
15. Knights
16. Titans

Certainties for top 8:
Cowboys, Souths, Penrith

Zero chance of top 8:
Titans (if they're not bankrupt by June), Raiders, Eels

The other 10 teams will win/lose randomly all season. It's too unpredictable.

I had pinned the 2014 Broncos + Milford + Bennett as a top 4 chance, but the goings on since November 2014 have really dented my confidence.

Tomorrow night is a massive litmus test.

Certainties for top 8:
Cowboys, Souths, Penrith

Zero chance of top 8:
Titans (if they're not bankrupt by June), Raiders, Eels

The other 10 teams will win/lose randomly all season. It's too unpredictable.

I had pinned the 2014 Broncos + Milford + Bennett as a top 4 chance, but the goings on since November 2014 have really dented my confidence.

Tomorrow night is a massive litmus test.

The NRL owns the Titans, they'll be one of the best funded teams. But they won't make the top 8 without firing the suspended players immediately, getting DCE for this season with the cash saved, and maybe getting Bailey back a'la Weekend at Bernies.

1. Penrith Panthers
2. North QLD Cowboys
3. Canterbury Bulldogs
4. South Sydney Rabbitohs
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. New Zealand Warriors
9. Manly Sea Eagles
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Newcastle Knights
12. Parramatta Eels
13. West Tigers
14. St George Dragons
15. Canberra Raiders
16. Gold Coast Titans

Top 4

Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Cowboys (in no particular order)

Bottom 4

Eels, Titans, Raiders, Dragons (in no particular order)

Broncos

5-8 somewhere

1. South Sydney Rabbitohs
2. Penrith Panthers
3. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
4. North Queensland Cowboys
5. Sydney Roosters
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. Cronulla Sharks
9. Warriors
10. Manly Sea Eagles
11. Newcastle Knights
12. Parramatta Eels
13. Wests Tigers
14. St George Illawarra Dragons
15. Canberra Raiders
16. Gold Coast Titans

Based on nothing but guess work.

Only selections I'm semi-confident about are Souths winning the minor premiership, Penrith improving and Cowboys into the Top 4. Brisbane to improve but not by much and the Roosters to slide a little.

Bottom 8 was a crap shoot really with the exception of the Titans winning the spoon. I think that's a reality for them.

The only prediction that doesn't sit well with me is Manly. Now that I've tipped them to miss the 8 I can see them making it the bastards.
Fair predictions so far especially the Manly call ! A notable exception though ...bloody Staints !

Fair predictions so far especially the Manly call ! A notable exception though ...bloody Staints !
A bit early to call anything... 4th is one loss away from 15th and vice versa!

I don't think any of us were close. We all thought the Panthers would do well, which was way off.

I don't think any of us were close. We all thought the Panthers would do well, which was way off.
My bottom 5 isn't far off the mark. I also thought the Panthers would do okay (6th) but injuries just destroyed them this year.

It's almost impossible to predict a ladder well in this competition, between 4th and last, there's only 6 wins difference.

I didn't. But then again I was too lazy to bother posting my predictions.

No credit is deserved, as it was purely a guessing exercise, but I got 6 of the top 8 (Storm and Dragons doing better than I expected) and 3 of the bottom 4, but those aren't too hard to guess either. :laugh:

I thought most people did really well, so far I have 7/8 and the only team I got wrong has the worst injury toll in the game. You can't account for stuff like that without coming off as ridiculous.

Where I got it wrong were the specific tips. Outside of Cows making Top 4 (no real stretch), it appears I've got that wrong. Some I'll put down to injury but in the case of Sydney & Brisbane, they've definitely been better than I expected them to be.

While we're patting ourselves on the backs for tips (and non-tips, sounds like Morkel would fit right in with my trivia team :laugh:), I'm proud of my Sharks tip. Truth be told, I didn't consider them until a slew of media and even Bman convinced me. It didn't start off pretty, but on the back of Ennis, who was the real point of difference for me, they've justified my change of heart.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.