2017 NRL Draw

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Have you ever seen a draw this tough? First 4 games against last year's top 4, playing 2 of last years top 4 in the last 4 rounds with Cowboys being an away game in Townsville. Not a single Sunday game which is awful for fans with families. Being the only team to verse last year's top 4 twice each, and from what I can see, the only team to verse arguably last years worst teams in Knights, Manly and Dragons just once. I don't think i've ever seen a draw this bad.

15178149_10154231284593074_3659102738265053922_n.jpg

Have you ever seen a draw this tough? First 4 games against last year's top 4, playing 2 of last years top 4 in the last 4 rounds with Cowboys being an away game in Townsville. Not a single Sunday game which is awful for fans with families. Being the only team to verse last year's top 4 twice each, and from what I can see, the only team to verse arguably last years worst teams in Knights, Manly and Dragons just once. I don't think i've ever seen a draw this bad.

15178149_10154231284593074_3659102738265053922_n.jpg

But...But...But we are cheating the salary cap and are cheating the third party deals and the NRL favours us over every other team.

But...But...But we are cheating the salary cap and are cheating the third party deals and the NRL favours us over every other team.
Yeah. Greensburg going on how he has no apologies for favouring the Broncos.

Say what ????

I'm not renewing my membership this year. There's not really any point as there's no way I can attend a night game with my young kid. I'd rather watch the game on tv with him at home instead.

I think its a good draw, who wants to watch us play against plodders like the Knights, Manly, and the Dragons all year. I'd rather watch high quality games.

To win a premiership you have to be the best throughout the year so there's no point just whipping everyone and getting easy runs to start/finish the regular season.

Start strong, put the rest of the comp on notice and finish with a couple of tough games in the last 4 rounds plus some tune up games; could be perfect.

Last edited:
I'm sick of the NRL using the Broncos to score epic ratings for Channel Nein and then having turds like Rothfield whinging about us getting a leg up.
Isn't it next year that the supposed fairer draw come into play?

I'm sick of the NRL using the Broncos to score epic ratings for Channel Nein and then having turds like Rothfield whinging about us getting a leg up.
2018. When the new TV rights deal starts.

The NRL gets more control over the draw in the new TV rights deal.

Wait til we ask Rothfield has to dust our new
2017 Premiership Trophy ...haters gonna hate!

2018 I believe is when that happens when the new TV deal starts.

I think the only thing that will be different next year is an earlier timeslot on Friday night.

Last edited:
I think its a good draw, who wants to watch us play against plodders like the Knights, Manly, and the Dragons all year. I'd rather watch high quality games.

To win a premiership you have to be the best throughout the year so there's no point just whipping everyone and getting easy runs to start/finish the regular season.

Start strong, put the rest of the comp on notice and finish with a couple of tough games in the last 4 rounds plus some tune up games; could be perfect.

It's all well and good to talk up beating the best to be the best, but the premiership goes to whoever plays the best for a month and if you're burnt out from the previous 6 months you're fucked.

How'd you feel watching the GF in 2008???

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all well and good to talk up beating the best to be the best, but the premiership goes to whoever plays the best for a month and if you're burnt out from the previous 6 months you're fucked.

the storm got pumped by 40 so pretty good. Mate if you think having a tough run in march and april will effect how our blokes are feeling in September I cant help you. I rather my attitude towards it over a woe is me attitude lots of people have adopted.

It's all well and good to talk up beating the best to be the best, but the premiership goes to whoever plays the best for a month and if you're burnt out from the previous 6 months you're ****ed.

I like the tough start, it sets the tone. Last season we had a relatively easy start and looked shaky at best. As soon as we played a quality side we fell apart and then got fucked over during origin... Our run home was plagued with a lack of confidence and crossed fingers.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.