2017 - Thurston

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Is Thurston in line for a Lockyer like send off? Will it be like that year after year as the other QLD legends go?

Could there be another streak??

Is Thurston in line for a Lockyer like send off? Will it be like that year after year as the other QLD legends go?

Could there be another streak??

I imagine the boys will lift for him, as they have done for Locky, Hodgo and Parker.

Don't think we're on the verge of a streak though. JT will be incredibly hard to replace, and the Blues are finally putting together a competitive team.

So much rests on our choice of halves moving into this new era. As yet, I don't have a lot of confidence in Milf, Hunt or Taylor, even with Cronk beside them for the foreseeable future.

A mini one maybe but never 8 straight again. You're not the All Blacks.

Just winning this one means three in a row, which is special, then next year would make it four which was the record the first time. So with QLD going the extra gear for Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Slater etc it could realistically end up 5-6 in a row.

I agree we probably won't see eight straight again. **** the all blacks.

Can anyone imagine JT not going out an Origin champion?

Me neither.

The wank-fest leading up to his final game will reach new levels.

Can anyone imagine JT not going out an Origin champion?

Me neither.

The wank-fest leading up to his final game will reach new levels.

People probably thought Mal going out a loser was impossible. Nothing is impossible

People probably thought Mal going out a loser was impossible. Nothing is impossible

NSW had a pretty formidable side back then and a brilliant coach while QLD were still struggling with the loss of Lewis.

NSW today are an embarrassment, especially compared to NSW back then.

Yeah, the difference between the 2 teams back then was far less than it is now. Anything can happen of course but the chances are far slimmer imo.

I have to ask. How did you feel about the reffing of game 3 last year? Because I can see this year having three of those games.

Good point. Mal did go out a loser. That was 1994. The Mark Coyne miracle try in Game 1 and QLD really should've wrapped it up in Melbourne in the second game. Only themselves to blame. It's a different game now. Different players. Different rules. Different, dare I say, "interpretation"... and JT is a media darling.

Trust me mate, your side is up against it. It shouldn't be, but it is.

I have to ask. How did you feel about the reffing of game 3 last year? Because I can see this year having three of those games.

It's when Origin died for me. Don't get me wrong - I get that away teams won't get the rub of the green...it's part and parcel of Origin and, if anything, the Blues cop it worse than we do up at Suncorp...but that Michael Jennings call... to say that he had "no active part in the play"... or whatever the call was...it stinks.

but that Michael Jennings call... to say that he had "no active part in the play"... or whatever the call was...it stinks.

The refs last night confirmed there is no such thing as being "passive" when you're in the 10.

Josh Reynolds was denied a try last night because Brenko Lee was offside and went within 10 metres despite not having a play at the ball.

That whole being passive argument was a complete load of shit.

The refs last night confirmed there is no such thing as being "passive" when you're in the 10.

Josh Reynolds was denied a try last night because Brenko Lee was offside and went within 10 metres despite not having a play at the ball.

That whole being passive argument was a complete load of shit.
I'd almost cop that 'passive' horseshit if he wasn't actively shouldering out Qld's nearest chaser.

There is nothing to worry about this year. QLD will win this year's series 3-0 because of the Furston party, which will be unbearable.

Next year is a threat though. Would not be surprised if NSW win next year, so that the media can then say "Oh noes no Furston in the QLD team, see he's that damn good, HURR DURR IMMORTALISE HIM NOWW, oh noes blah blah blah STFU".

Well it's looking like the Thurston traveling send off show is gonna be postponed or even cancelled now. Given this was supposed to be his last year in Origin it will be interesting to see if he plays next year.

He isn't the the type to miss a parade in his honour from what I hear from Townsville. Besides if really out might give his body a good break to treat any niggling issues and buy another year of top form. Morgan isn't going to be able to ride the adjustment and form slump arguements as an excuse for a whole season.

Asiata could become a gun if keeps getting to develop in halves. Would have loved to buy him as a ball playing lock especially if down on creativity if Bird plays 6 and Milf at 7 next year. Play him last 60 minutes of a game to let someone else be third prop for first 20 and move McGuire back to front row rest of game.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.