Officials: Adam Cassidy, Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Mark Bohan, Jarrod Cole
Video Review Officials: Luke Patten, Jared Maxwell
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Kickoff: 3:40 pm
Broadcast: Channel 9;
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
I wonder how Rhyse Martin is eligible to play (same as Eastwood) ... didn't they play the majority of the season in the NRL?

I wonder how Rhyse Martin is eligible to play (same as Eastwood) ... didn't they play the majority of the season in the NRL?

I don't think there are rules in that, if they are part of the club and don't have NRL, I think they are eligible to play, like if a coach drops them back.

I don't think there are rules in that, if they are part of the club and don't have NRL, I think they are eligible to play, like if a coach drops them back.

in the ISC, i'm pretty sure you need to play a certain amount of matches to qualify for the finals (maybe @1910 could clarify the rule), I figured the same would apply to NSW cup and the state championship

probably to prevent all NRL players dropping back once their team is eliminated, thus giving a disadvantage to the rest of the ISC clubs

in the ISC, i'm pretty sure you need to play a certain amount of matches to qualify for the finals (maybe @1910 could clarify the rule), I figured the same would apply to NSW cup and the state championship

probably to prevent all NRL players dropping back once their team is eliminated, thus giving a disadvantage to the rest of the ISC clubs

Yeah, you are exactly right. I’m not sure of the exact number, though a funny thing happened this season where Rhys Martin had played 1 too few games and so on the final game of the regular season Rhys was named for both the ISC team and the NRL team.

He took the field for the ISC team during the kick off and then was immediately taken from the field not to return. It totaled about 25 seconds. He then played for the NRL team
Later that afternoon. Allowing him to qualify for ISC finals.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are exactly right. I’m not sure of the exact number, though a funny thing happened this season where Rhys Martin had played 1 too few games and so on the final game of the regular season Rhys was named for both the ISC team and the NRL team.

He took the field for the ISC team during the kick off and then was immediately taken from the field not to return. It totaled about 25 seconds. He then played for the NRL team
Later that afternoon. Allowing him to qualify for ISC finals.

dodgy bastards those Bulldogs

Rule is 8 games in any grade. Or your NRL club still alive.

Staggs could play last week in the Grand Final because he’d played 15 games for Dolphins- 13 ISC and two Colts.

Kasiano could play despite only two games for Easts because Storm are still in it.

Martin was on seven games so Dogs suites him up he kicked off v the Bears came straight off so he qualified for finals. He played NRL that afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping Sean O'sullivan gets a run for Roosters.....I'm keen to see how he goes and what he can offer us.

Last edited:
If the storm winning means Cam Smith retires, I'm all about the Storm winning.

I'd like to SOS playing as well. Handy for us for him to have big game experience.

Otherwise I don't care if I don't watch this game. Massive Meh.

If the storm winning means Cam Smith retires, I'm all about the Storm winning.

I'd like to SOS playing as well. Handy for us for him to have big game experience.

Otherwise I don't care if I don't watch this game. Massive Meh.

That whole thing was to take pressure off Slater. Smith said going in there he’d take it away from Slater related questions.

Rule is 8 games in any grade. Or your NRL club still alive.

Staggs could play last week in the Grand Final because he’d played 15 games for Dolphins- 13 ISC and two Colts.

Kasiano could play despite only two games for Easts because Storm are still in it.

Martin was on seven games so Dogs suites him up he kicked off v the Bears came straight off so he qualified for finals. He played NRL that afternoon.
Obviously its in the rules and allowable, but I've always been under the impression since we moved away from a reserve grade comp that you couldn't play in both intrust and then NRL. I understand when players are named in NRL but don't get on the field they can then play Intrust, but how does Martin get a start in Intrust (Iknow only 30 secs, but a start none the less) and then play NRL. I thought there was some sort of player welfare reason why players couldn't do both. I know its no real bearing on the season overall in this case, but it must advantage teams when they have their feeder playing directly before them if this is actually allowable.

Obviously its in the rules and allowable, but I've always been under the impression since we moved away from a reserve grade comp that you couldn't play in both intrust and then NRL. I understand when players are named in NRL but don't get on the field they can then play Intrust, but how does Martin get a start in Intrust (Iknow only 30 secs, but a start none the less) and then play NRL. I thought there was some sort of player welfare reason why players couldn't do both. I know its no real bearing on the season overall in this case, but it must advantage teams when they have their feeder playing directly before them if this is actually allowable.

You can do both but it’s only been done when a player gets minimal time off the bench in the NRL game or gets no time at all on the Friday night and then plays Sunday.

Cartwright was going to do it this season. He got minimal time against Manly and was going to play for Tweed on Sunday but he didn’t end up getting to.

The only players it’s ever going to apply to is bench players who want more time.

Cronk failed to train in the Captain's Run.

He's out. He won't be playing, he can't even train with the squad.

What Cronk suffered is gonna require surgery. Won't surprise me if he doesn't play at the beginning of next season.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • whykickamoocow
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • Clintos
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.