2018 NRL Grand Final - Roosters vs Storm

Please, if that was done in the eighties you'd probably get dropped from first grade for not doing it properly.

No doubt it was a grub act from a guy who is building a reputation for not being able to control himself but that was soft.
I don't think anyone from any team would have been suspended for that.
Blokes are getting 1 week, or early guilty plea, no suspension, from crusher tackles FFS. That is far more deserving of attention IMO.

Roberts was charged with contrary conduct instead of kicking so if he did the same thing now he would cop a fine and walk away.
When he was charged with contrary conduct instead of kicking the other forums went nuts with conspiracy theories about Broncs getting away with shit.
What did roberts get away with? A suspension isnt getting away with anything. Not getting a suspension after kicking someone in the head who is laying on he ground on purpose is getting away with it. You can say whatever you want, it is bullshit and you know it. What he did was gutless and a grub act. He attacked he head of a player with his foot on the ground, on purpose. How can that not be a suspension? How?

I do agree that crusher tackles are disgusting and need attention though. Which team brought that “skill” into the game (along with many others) and still constantly do it? Along with other tackles. Other examples of them getting away with it are when billy slater lashed out with his boot last night after getting tackles, no one has said anything because it missed, accident im sure (just like all the kicks to the head he has done in that meme floating around about him were as well, serial offender). They are grubs and play to a dofferent rule book. He deserved to be boo’d last night. I wish people would stop looking at these storm players with their maroon coloured glasses on (not saying thats you). On that note, these players can keep their shitty statues down at the rugby league mecca that is melbourne and get NOWHERE near a statue at lang park, ffs that would be ridiculous. Its he broncos home ground, they have played around 10-15 “home” games there, broncos players and fans would walk past statues of players that did everything they could do defeat us (including “bend” the rules) at their HOME games. What a stupid and disgusting insult that would be...

My 5 year old son begs me to watch James Roberts and the Broncos, and if it’s a Friday night I let him.

He knows how much the Storm cheat and the Roosters cheat and the Sharks cheat and that James Roberts is the most exciting player in the game. Not sure where he gets it from.
I let my 6 year up stay up to half time on thurs nights and full time on origin nights. So irresponsible aren’t we.

Well done Roosters. A total dismantling of Melb and Bellyache out coached.
That completed a nice double of Minor PM and GF winners on the punt for me as well.

I noticed Robinsons brother there last night and I know he is registered by the NRL with some restrictions but how do they make such a big deal about Andrew Gee watching a game in the Broncos box but have allowed this bloke to be registered and anywhere near an NRL side .

It's old news but another example of NRL fail IMO

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/7c5d499e937e79b1fc78f31f75a69348

https://www.change.org/p/senator-ri...-34-essendon-football-club-players/u/20728003

Roosters were issued with a please explain about Robinson when he was on the bench with official accreditation in 2016. Against Brisbane in Brisbane. He was cleared to return 12 months later.

He got a massive wrongful dismissal payment and was never charged so probably hard to keep him out.

Even if it looks terrible.

What did roberts get away with? A suspension isnt getting away with anything. Not getting a suspension after kicking someone in the head who is laying on he ground on purpose is getting away with it. You can say whatever you want, it is bullshit and you know it. What he did was gutless and a grub act. He attacked he head of a player with his foot on the ground, on purpose. How can that not be a suspension? How?

I do agree that crusher tackles are disgusting and need attention though. Which team brought that “skill” into the game (along with many others) and still constantly do it? Along with other tackles. Other examples of them getting away with it are when billy slater lashed out with his boot last night after getting tackles, no one has said anything because it missed, accident im sure (just like all the kicks to the head he has done in that meme floating around about him were as well, serial offender). They are grubs and play to a dofferent rule book. He deserved to be boo’d last night. I wish people would stop looking at these storm players with their maroon coloured glasses on (not saying thats you). On that note, these players can keep their shitty statues down at the rugby league mecca that is melbourne and get NOWHERE near a statue at lang park, ffs that would be ridiculous. Its he broncos home ground, they have played around 10-15 “home” games there, broncos players and fans would walk past statues of players that did everything they could do defeat us (including “bend” the rules) at their HOME games. What a stupid and disgusting insult that would be...

It was never Mal or Arthur’s home ground either. They both played and coached against Queensland and the Broncos there.

Last edited:

Wow. Do you read and comprehend. I didn't say Roberts got away with anything but others did say he should have been charged with kicking, a more serious offence with a greater suspension period.

You are comparing things which happened under different rules. There was no option to fine when Roberts was charged, there is now. IF Roberts did that this year he would have been fined not suspended, the same as Munster.

Sure, you could argue Munster should have been charged with kicking but you could also argue the same with Roberts as plenty did .

Which team brought that “skill” into the game (along with many others) and still constantly do it?

So it's the Storms fault for showing everyone else how to do it?? great logic.

When it comes to the Storm you cannot see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Last edited:
I let my 6 year up stay up to half time on thurs nights and full time on origin nights. So irresponsible aren’t we.

I wish kick off was at 7:30 on the dot for all night games. I’m sure that’s how it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are indeed bad parents, but we are the ones growing the game with the next generation. The NRL is lucky to have us.

You're right. I was at that game, Roberts was trying to move him, and got frustrated.

Yep, it was only a "kick" in that the tackler wouldn't let go of his leg and Roberts tried to shake his leg free.

Munster's was nothing less than a deliberate kick, unprovoked, and at a person who was no longer in contact with him, nor even facing towards him.

It's not even comparable.

Wow. Do you read and comprehend. I didn't say Roberts got away with anything but others did say he should have been charged with kicking, a more serious offence with a greater suspension period.

You are comparing things which happened under different rules. There was no option to fine when Roberts was charged, there is now. IF Roberts did that this year he would have been fined not suspended, the same as Munster.

Sure, you could argue Munster should have been charged with kicking but you could also argue the same with Roberts as plenty did .

So it's the Storms fault for showing everyone else how to do it?? great logic.

When it comes to the Storm you cannot see the forest because the trees are in the way.
Lol... MUNSTERS IS NOT COMPARABLE TO ROBERTS IN THE SLIGHTEST. He kicked him IN THE HEAD, you undertand this? Roberts leg was also held onto. How is it even comparable?! And roberts tackle was in the paper for 3 days before the judicirary charged him, munsters has hardly been mentioned outside of by the fans...

And yes. Yes it is their fault for bringing it into our game. Or more specifically, bellamys. Other teams have to do it to keep up these days. I also blame the nrl for not stopping it but hey, the langer tackle is MUCH more dangerous then a crusher or cannon ball tackle im sure...

It was never Mal or Arthur’s home ground either. They both played and coached against Queensland and the Broncos there.
What?! You serious?! I thought they played for the broncos!

Or perhaps they played a large part of their career in the brisbane competiton or played in the sydney comp before there was even a brisbane based team in the major competition?

Youre so busy trying to correct people on the slightest and often most irrelevant mistakes, you usually miss the most obvious parts....

So what does such an embarrassing loss, against practically 12 men say for the Storm's future?

It's worth repeating they did not have a single injury, their entire top 17 was available for selection. That's some seriously good luck. Slater is gone next year, Smith is a 50/50 prospect at this point, but surely he slows down next year even if he plays on, he showed signs of it this year.

What?! You serious?! I thought they played for the broncos!

Or perhaps they played a large part of their career in the brisbane competiton or played in the sydney comp before there was even a brisbane based team in the major competition?

Youre so busy trying to correct people on the slightest and often most irrelevant mistakes, you usually miss the most obvious parts....

You said only Broncos’ players- just seemed you didn’t understand it was an Origin Tribute and two guys had nothing to do with the Broncos.

Carry on delusional ranting.

Last edited:
You said only Broncos’ players- just seemed you didn’t understand it was an Origin Tribute and two guys had nothing to do with the Broncos.

Carry on delusional ranting.
One played before the broncos even existed and the other played half of his career in brisbane lol... delusional rant? Pretty much calling another poster an idiot and they didnt know what they were talking about because they tipped the bulldogs in the super premiership game is a bit more delusional. Thats 3 years in a row now so whats your bs excuse now?

My youngest daughter has never watched a game of NRL. Last night she was sitting with us to see the Gang of youth. Admittedly she only watched the opening 10minutes of the game. She's nearly 17 and the only thing to date that has got her interested in watching the sport was a band she thinks the world of. I think the NRL are trying to cater for more than just the purists ninga
Y and for that I give them credit.
This is correct Gang of Youths was a massive pull for the NRL and to see them jerseys on shows that they're actually fans of the game as well.

I didn't even know who the AFL had and then had a chuckle when I found out it was black eyed peas... whoever was in charge of the AFL is probably looking for a job today. They completely lost the plot

One played before the broncos even existed and the other played half of his career in brisbane lol... delusional rant? Pretty much calling another poster an idiot and they didnt know what they were talking about because they tipped the bulldogs in the super premiership game is a bit more delusional. Thats 3 years in a row now so whats your bs excuse now?

So fair to say your original point wasn't too well thought through? Lacked clarity and prior history? High on Anti Storm ranting?

Smith has as many achievements as the rest of the them and would easily deserve a statue at Lang Park if they wanted.

For the record Smith 28 games for Norths- Beetson 54 for Dolphins. They both had nearly identical playing careers. Played here at the start then left.

Also I never said tipping the Bulldogs made someone an idiot, I said picking them without articulating a reason just said to me you counted NRL games and nothing else. If you knew what you were talking about you'd say I have watched these Bulldogs games this year and these Dolphins games and here is my reasoning.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.