International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Reading an interesting article yesterday at the football on what the Queensland team will look like in five years:

1. Barba
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. O'Niell
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kennedy
9. Srama
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Papalli
13. McQueen
14. Hampton
15. Taylor
16. Napa
17. Timu

Interesting that they went with Srama instead of Friend and McCullough (who seems to have been talked up for Origin by the press as Cam's successor). I like Srama a lot, hopefully he keeps on improving, because I think he has a lot of talent. He was 3 or 4 grades below me in school too, had a huge afro even back then.

Interesting team. The only guy I don't know too much about is Napa...

But it's of course merely a guessing exercise, and I'm missing Edrick Lee in the wing for example. Hannant will still be young enough to be there, and hopefully Yow Yeh will get back to his very best too. Also pretty sure there will be players in there that no one has thought about, or hasn't seen coming. Really hoping that a great hooker will be amongst them!

One thing's for sure, the Raiders will likely be highly impacted by Origin if they manage to keep all those promising youngsters.

Which Taylor is that in the 15?

Think Edrick Lee is a better talent than O'Neill. We also have Moga and Chambers who I think will be in the frame.

Correct me if I'm wrong too, but unlike Tariq, I believe Korbin is a Queenslander?

McCullough (who seems to have been talked up for Origin by the press as Cam's successor)

This was at the start of 2012 when the media were kissing our ring saying "the Broncos will dominate for 5 years, all these kids are big and strong and are only going to improve blah blah blah"

Srama is a gun and has no problem playing 80 minutes.

Yeah, initially I think everyone thought it would be Macca > Srama, but I think it's well and truly reversed. Macca's OK, but Srama's better IMO.

Looks a pretty solid team dunnit?? I like it!! Especially like the quality of back line.....

Friend is the best of those 3 imo.

Good team, not to mention guys like Moga (who just had his second ACL injury in 8 months :(, poor guy), chambers, K Sims etc.

I'd go with

1. Inglis
2. Lee
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. McGuire
9. Friend
10. Kennedy
11. McQueen
12. Teo
13. Papalii

14. Gillett
15. Napa/Taylor
16. Timu/Sims
17. Barba/Segeyaro

Last edited:
I'd go with

1. Inglis
2. Lee
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. McGuire
9. Friend
10. Kennedy
11. McQueen
12. Teo
13. Papalii

14. Gillett
15. Napa/Taylor
16. Timu/Sims
17. Barba/Segeyaro

Nailed it. As soon as slater is gone, inglis gets FB for as long as he wants. Barba is nothing compared to him

Is Segeyaro eligible for QLD? Or is he strictly Kumul?

Korbin moved here when he was 15 or 16. I don't think he's eligible for QLD under the new rules?

Korbin moved here when he was 15 or 16. I don't think he's eligible for QLD under the new rules?

He chose QLD. It was written about in the paper this year.

I'd go with

1. Inglis
2. Lee
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. McGuire
9. Friend
10. Kennedy
11. McQueen
12. Teo
13. Papalii

14. Gillett
15. Napa/Taylor
16. Timu/Sims
17. Barba/Segeyaro

Friend playing Origin at 37 years old?

Friend playing Origin at 37 years old?

Jake Friend mate although Srama is a bloody good option. Even McCullough is a chance if he starts to develop as we have hoped.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.