2019 Ashes discussion

Not a good dismissal from Roy, plenty of pressure on him going forward.

So...England couldn't get Smith out, so they knocked him out.

He basically got hit almost in the identical position on the neck that killed Hughes. Extremely scary. Archer might also have broken Smith's arm.

Either way, Smith must be in doubt for the next test and the series and if so, Australia's chances are gone with him.

So he almost gets killed literally, possibly has a broken arm literally and walks back out and smashes the second ball for four. Goodness, what an inspiration.
[automerge]1566051901[/automerge]
And the third ball!

Last edited:
If the other batsmen can't grow a spine and start to dig in after watching this I guess they never will

Well he's done but if that doesn't fire up his teammates, nothing ever will.

Labuschagne comes in as a replacement batsmen in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test and has already outperformed Bancroft & Warner. Who could have seen that coming?..

Oh, that's right, me.

Keep him in the team ffs.

Wonder if Australia will go wth 9 players for the 3rd test?

If Smith is fit, I'd go:

1. Warner (on final chance)
2. Khawaja
3. Labamba (That was a gun innings and very unlucky to get out, he has turned a corner, that was a Smith-like innings)
4. Smith (if ruled out, go with five bowlers)
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Carey
8. Cummins (c)
9. Pattinson
10. Starc
11. Lyon

That give a far longer batting line up and Hazlewood was pretty average in the second innings. Harsh on Siddle, could swap him with Starc I supposed.

Paine mentioned Marcus Harris a number of times in the post-game press conference, so you can almost be assured that he'll be there. I think there's a decent chance Smith is missing as well. Pattinson in for Siddle seems the obvious change in the bowling department, we need to fight fire with fire.

1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Khawaja
4. Labuschagne
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Pattinson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

This opens us up for an easier transition post-Warner in game 4 if he fails again as well, shift Khawaja up to opener, Labuschagne up to 3, Smith back in at 4.

Paine mentioned Marcus Harris a number of times in the post-game press conference, so you can almost be assured that he'll be there. I think there's a decent chance Smith is missing as well. Pattinson in for Siddle seems the obvious change in the bowling department, we need to fight fire with fire.

1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Khawaja
4. Labuschagne
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Pattinson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

This opens us up for an easier transition post-Warner in game 4 if he fails again as well, shift Khawaja up to opener, Labuschagne up to 3, Smith back in at 4.

I don't mind this side at all but I don't know, just think Hazlewood doing two tests back to back is a risk.

Last edited:
If Smith is fit, I'd go:

1. Warner (on final chance)
2. Khawaja
3. Labamba (That was a gun innings and very unlucky to get out, he has turned a corner, that was a Smith-like innings)
4. Smith (if ruled out, go with five bowlers)
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Carey
8. Cummins (c)
9. Pattinson
10. Starc
11. Lyon

That give a far longer batting line up and Hazlewood was pretty average in the second innings. Harsh on Siddle, could swap him with Starc I supposed.

I like that bowling attack; it also gives us an insanely long tail. Hopefully the English buy into the Archer hype big time and try to put some life in the pitches for the express quicks only for Starc and Cummins to roll through England's wafer thin batting.

Last edited:
Alright, well 1-all it is going into the 4th test.

Need our bowlers to turn it into a real low scoring game or we're screwed
[automerge]1566434930[/automerge]
I'd go Pattinson, Hazlewood and Cummins

Last edited:
Australia’s likely XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon

Australia’s likely XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson, Nathan Lyon
I like that side.

WTF has happened to Mitch Starc?? has he lost a leg? I can't help think that a leftie in that side would do well.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.