2019 Ashes discussion

Broad and Anderson struggled here anyway, I don't see them on the field as a massive loss- maybe leadership will take a dent.

Broad 12 Tests 34 wickets at 37 as opposed to his career av of 28.
Anderson 18 Tests 60 wickets at 35 as opposed to his career av of 26

Unless we play more night Tests, things are hard here for bowlers like Broad and Anderson.

They won't lose both of them without taking a big hit. I don't give them a chance even if they both tour, but if they don't and they're lead by Archer who is showing signs of being downhill skier even in English conditions shit could hit the fan when it's 50 degrees in the middle and the pitch is flat.

They won't lose both of them without taking a big hit. I don't give them a chance even if they both tour, but if they don't and they're lead by Archer who is showing signs of being downhill skier even in English conditions shit could hit the fan when it's 50 degrees in the middle and the pitch is flat.

Remember Archer isn't English and has only been there a few years, he knows Australian conditions well and has played well here. I think he would be looking forward to a trip here and more bounce and pace.

I don't know what else they have coming though, but I don't think Archer will suffer here. he's proven he can bowl fast here and is a good fielder off his own bowling- His Cutting catch was great.

Remember Archer isn't English and has only been there a few years, he knows Australian conditions well and has played well here. I think he would be looking forward to a trip here and more bounce and pace.

I don't know what else they have coming though, but I don't think Archer will suffer here. he's proven he can bowl fast here and is a good fielder off his own bowling- His Cutting catch was great.

Maybe. I'm not really fussed about Big Bash form or fielding off his own bowling tbh. I think they'll find things can get a lot worse than a mid 30's average.

Curran is quite promising. A couple of fast guys are also there but usually injured and not really that good yet.

Yeah Sam is a gun, but Tom is my favourite. He got 20 wickets in BBL08 and averaged 30 with the bat which is very good for a bowler batting at 7. But when he plays for England everything goes bad lol

Haha what a joke. The top 2 have sucked all series so you drop your number 5...and for Marsh nonetheless.

Head had it coming, he's done nothing to keep his spot. The only reason that Warner & Harris have survived is lack of alternatives.

Australia are just rubbing it in that we can't lose the series now... Look at the quality of the player we put in, we can't lose!

Not a lot to right home about with our top 3 (ML aside) but Usi is the best performed and he is the one who gets punted for Harris then we decide to give Marsh another go. Coach is W.A. both those guys are W.A.
I wonder if Marnus would have been selected if not for Smiths injury and forcing his way in.

Warner 4 matches avge 9.9 Balls faced 162
Harris 2 matches avge 11.5 BF 91
Bancroft 2 matches avge 11 BF 162
Khawaja matches 3 avge 20.3 BF 188

Not a lot to right home about with our top 3 (ML aside) but Usi is the best performed and he is the one who gets punted for Harris then we decide to give Marsh another go. Coach is W.A. both those guys are W.A.
I wonder if Marnus would have been selected if not for Smiths injury and forcing his way in.

Yep and then they will use Bancroft to say there is no favouritism. This even despite the fact that even at domestic level, I'm pretty sure Neser has been a far better performed all-rounder than Marsh over the last 12-18 months.

I can not fucking believe marsh is back! I thought we were past this? What an opportunity to blood a rookie. nah let’s stick marsh in maybe he’ll change after his millionth attempt.

Meanwhile Joe Burns has 4 centuries from his 16 matches and averages 40, compared to Harris/Bancroft's combined 0 centuries from 18 matches at a 26 avg.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.