2019 Origin Discussion

Agreed, teams/coaches would rather win 10-4 than 32-20. Possession and defence are key now, not attacking enterprise. Kinda sucks in a way but I suppose you appreciate it when it does happen. Can't blame the coaches either now that's it's a full on business.
Exactly right. And I don't think its just that teams are more structured for the tactical side of things. Teams are more structured because players are fitter and train everyday. Back then most players had other jobs and hardly trained and definitely werent as fit as they are now. The players these days are all so big. Wingers are bigger than a lot of the forwards back then.

He blew his chance to be honest. Would need to be 1-2 injuries for him to get a look in. Or for us to get absolutely belted in game 1.

Milf was misused by Walters last year. By the time he came on(70min mark) the game was over. Think he was injured for games 2 and 3 iirc. Year before CSmith was playing sooky because they dared to pick milf over Munster. Again, iirc. I could be wrong. Hardly call it blowing his chance.

Ash Taylor signing with the Titans really ruined his rep career. Also I hate where this Queensland team is heading.

What do you hate about it?

I haven't been a fan of most of the moves Kev has made since being coach
Kev can't coach. That's why no one will give him an NRL job. He will only be QLD coach until the end of his deal and then will be replaced.

Unfortunately most of the moves he has made are because the media told him he should do that

I agree. Either pressure from Lockyer and Miles or pressure from the Media / Common thought

What do you hate about it?

I haven't been a fan of most of the moves Kev has made since being coach
I dislike well over half of the team (I have for about five years now) and I don't think selecting players based on loyalty is what rep football should be about. Players like Chambers and Kaufusi keeping their spots is ridiculous because they simply aren't good enough anymore. I think players should be selected in the position they play weekly as well. At this point I'd prefer that no Broncos get selected this year
The team I want
1 Kalyn Ponga/Cameron Munster (Whoever actually plays fullback every week)
2 Corey Oates
3 Greg Inglis
4 Dane Gagai
5 Kyle Feldt
6 Anthony Milford
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Matt Scott
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Josh Papalii
12 Matt Gillett
13 Jai Arrow

14 Cameron Munster/Kalyn Ponga/Michael Morgan
15 Joe Ofahengaue
16 Dylan Napa
17 David Fifita

The team we will get
1 Greg Inglis
2 Kalyn Ponga
3 Will Chambers
4 Michael Morgan
5 Dane Gagai
6 Cameron Munster
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Matt Scott
9 Jake Friend
10 Dylan Napa
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Matt Gillett
13 Josh McGuire

14 Ben Hunt
15 Jarrod Wallace
16 Jai Arrow
17 Felise Kaufusi

I dislike well over half of the team (I have for about five years now) and I don't think selecting players based on loyalty is what rep football should be about. Players like Chambers and Kaufusi keeping their spots is ridiculous because they simply aren't good enough anymore. I think players should be selected in the position they play weekly as well. At this point I'd prefer that no Broncos get selected this year
The team I want
1 Kalyn Ponga/Cameron Munster (Whoever actually plays fullback every week)
2 Corey Oates
3 Greg Inglis
4 Dane Gagai
5 Kyle Feldt
6 Anthony Milford
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Matt Scott
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Josh Papalii
12 Matt Gillett
13 Jai Arrow

14 Cameron Munster/Kalyn Ponga/Michael Morgan
15 Joe Ofahengaue
16 Dylan Napa
17 David Fifita

The team we will get
1 Greg Inglis
2 Kalyn Ponga
3 Will Chambers
4 Michael Morgan
5 Dane Gagai
6 Cameron Munster
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Matt Scott
9 Jake Friend
10 Dylan Napa
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Matt Gillett
13 Josh McGuire

14 Ben Hunt
15 Jarrod Wallace
16 Jai Arrow
17 Felise Kaufusi

We need someone to stand up to Mitchell. I've said we should just shift Inglis to the right edge in order to do that.. Probs won't get done.

If Gagai or Chambers are in the centres again then we'll get run over out wide.. again..

I've been wondering more and more about how Ponga would go as a centre / how he would go against Mitchell.

Milford definitely isn't our best option at 6. He has a pea heart. Good NRL player but when it comes to the qualities you need in origin, I don't back him.

I was annoyed when Matt Scott got overlooked last year, I hope he gets picked this year.

My side would not be conventional

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Kalyn Ponga
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Daley Cherry Evans
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Friend
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Coen Hess
13. Jai Arrow
17. Joe Ofahengaue

Dunno, something like that.

Kev can't coach. That's why no one will give him an NRL job. He will only be QLD coach until the end of his deal and then will be replaced.

Kev can coach and he is a pretty good coach. What Kev isn't is a good head coach imo

Unfortunately most of the moves he has made are because the media told him he should do that

Sorry to drag this further off-topic, but what selections are we talking about specifically?

The rep career that many people thought he'd have. Did you really think I meant anything else?

Kane Elgey was rated highly too. I wonder how he'll go playing next to DCE.

Hasler was pretty good at turning the young guys into stars. (Hodkinson, DCE, Foran)

If Elgey stayed at Titans they could have had a few QLDers in the spine

1. AJ Brimson
6. Kane Elgey
7. Ash Taylor

Out of the three I'd be backing Brimson to fulfill potential

We need someone to stand up to Mitchell. I've said we should just shift Inglis to the right edge in order to do that.. Probs won't get done.

If Gagai or Chambers are in the centres again then we'll get run over out wide.. again..

I've been wondering more and more about how Ponga would go as a centre / how he would go against Mitchell.

Milford definitely isn't our best option at 6. He has a pea heart. Good NRL player but when it comes to the qualities you need in origin, I don't back him.

I was annoyed when Matt Scott got overlooked last year, I hope he gets picked this year.

My side would not be conventional

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Kalyn Ponga
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Michael Morgan
7. Daley Cherry Evans
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Friend
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Coen Hess
13. Jai Arrow
17. Joe Ofahengaue

Dunno, something like that.
Milford has a pea heart? Best on ground in a grand final and tried his guts out for the 5 minutes he got off the bench in origin when the team needed points desperately?

Milford has a pea heart? Best on ground in a grand final and tried his guts out for the 5 minutes he got off the bench in origin when the team needed points desperately?

Exactly , obviously a one eyed comment.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.