NEWS 2020 launch: CEO White makes a stirring speech

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Courier Mail's Chris Honnery relays the CEO's message of hope:

“As we launch our journey for the 2020 season, I certainly know we are all filled with hope, anticipation and expectation. It’s the perfect set of emotions to be carrying with us as we gather tonight. We don’t need to be reminded of expectations, we place them on ourselves long before they are observed and reported."

“Name another club in Australian sport who articulates our performance target of a top four finish as clearly and consistently as our club. To do that, you need a plan – a plan for this year and a plan for the years ahead and I can assure you that your club is well positioned in both areas. The glare of scrutiny is a constant for the Broncos.

“I am proud of the efforts of our entire team at the Broncos over the off season. Our squad has given a total commitment to building a base we hope will be a reference point for our season. Are we ready? That test is coming, and I am looking forward to it. The only answer I have tonight is that everyone at the Broncos remains 100 per cent committed to our club and we are ready to go.”

McHunt

“Name another club in Australian sport who articulates our performance target of a top four finish as clearly and consistently as our club."

Melbourne Storm. They actually achieve it too.

Geelong. Nine top-two finishes in 13 years.

The Broncos have finished top four only twice in 13 years. Last minor premiership was 20 years ago.

The club can't afford to romance about old glories - we're slowly becoming the Souths of old.

Last edited:
White might want to revise that, after Lockyers retirement we have finished the regular season in the top 4 a whopping two times.

White might want to revise that, after Lockyers retirement we have finished the regular season in the top 4 a whopping two times.

Yeah but we articulate the performance target clearly. Achieving doesn’t mean much to this lot.

The Courier Mail's Chris Honnery relays the CEO's message of hope:

“Name another club in Australian sport who articulates our performance target of a top four finish as clearly and consistently as our club.
McHunt
That's all very well but who takes responsibility if we don't achieve that target?
We didn't get even close last year and as far as I can tell no one was made accountable for that.
At least if we fail to make the top four this year white has already said he is going but it will mean another season of mediocrity. If that happens siebold should be shown the door as well.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.