Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Round 1

Saturday
Mackay Cutters vs. Norths Devils
Devils:
2. Herbie Farnworth 8. Pride Petterson-Robati 13. Jordan Riki 15. Ethan Bullemor

Redcliffe Dolphins vs. Sunshine Coast Falcons
Dolphins: N/A

Sunday
Burleigh Bears vs. Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Seagulls:
2. Richie Kennar

Souths Logan Magpies vs. PNG Hunters
Magpies: 3. Fanitesi Niu 5. Ilikena Vudogo 6. Thomas Dearden 9. Cory Paix 13. Kobe Hetherington

What's the story with Redcliffe? Both Xavier Coates and Tyson Gamble should be available.

Why is Niu playing centre?

Maybe giving him some versatility so he has experience across the backline? Would be handy as depth if he can cover a few positions. Just guessing, really.

Makes sense I suppose. Versatility is good but sometimes it is good for players to learn the one position too

That's what I said last week, I bet they don't all get to play the position they want or Broncos want.

That’s great but doesn’t really explain why. Is there a better option already there?

That’s great but doesn’t really explain why. Is there a better option already there?

Guy Hamilton was named there ... i don't know much about him

Souths are paying Hamilton and he's too good not to play ISC, JB would want him somewhere in there. He can't play centre and Niu can.
[automerge]1583875809[/automerge]
Guy Hamilton was named there ... i don't know much about him

Hamilton played for the Broncos a few weeks ago- got a two week train and trial deal.

Last edited:
Souths are paying Hamilton and he's too good not to play ISC, JB would want him somewhere in there. He can't play centre and Niu can.
[automerge]1583875809[/automerge]

Hamilton played for the Broncos a few weeks ago- got a two week train and trial deal.
I am sure I read or heard that both the Broncos and Souths came out and said he Nui would be playing fullback this year.

More importantly.. why is Bullemor on the bench?..

More importantly.. why is Bullemor on the bench?..

That's his best role, was great last year off the bench. He only started in 4/21 games. Great impact player with his speed and quick reaction time.

Why would you start him?

Because players get better with more experience?..

Smith still has him playing 40-50 minutes, he's not getting more than that even when he started. He's getting great experience, he's coming on in a variety of situations and score lines and adapting, started in a few games, and played front row and second row and lock once.
[automerge]1583886007[/automerge]
So had he not been injured, would have likely started instead of Arthurs?

I suspect but not 100% confirmed.

Last edited:
So Dolphins on any weekend, could have Rueben, Barba, Coates and Perese- fair outside backs.

I don't think any compromises are being made, the Broncos view Niu as a centre as well and that will most likely be his spot if he was to be called up.

I don't think any compromises are being made, the Broncos view Niu as a centre as well and that will most likely be his spot if he was to be called up.

i thought that they viewed him as a potential option at fullback ... at least the reports were saying they wanted Paix, Nui and Dearden to work together as a spine, which is why they moved them to the same ISC club 🤔

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.