4. Fifita/Nui
5. Coates/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Gillett (Needs to show more or we need to try and move him on)
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Ofahengaue
17. Glenn (if he is still around)/Bullemor

As tough at it is to do, I would let Oates walk. That money could be best used elsewhere.

Fifita would be devastating at centre this early in his career and he can take Gillett's spot once he is gone.

If Bird is leaving, we will need a fullback as well as a halfback signed in the off season. Isaako is soooo far away from ready for that, it's frightening.

1. Bird/Holmes
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Sezer/Dearden/Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Joe O
17. TPJ

If I see this Round 1, I would be pretty much fully satisfied that we're back on track.

Last edited:
Ideally:

1. Holmes
2. Perese/ Coates/ Kennar or Oates if he accepts a reasonable deal
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Isaako (still young and dedicated enough to turn it around)
6. Foran (swap with Milf)/ Milf, Croft or Sezer if Foran isn't possible
7. Dearden
8. Lodge (c)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Joe
17. Seg/ Paix/ someone else

Last edited:
If I had my way

1 - Milford
2 - Oates
3 - Bird
4 - Staggs
5 - Isaako
6 - Croft
7 - Dearden
8 - Lodge (c)
9 - Turpin
10 - Haas
11 - Fifita
12 - Gillett
13 - TPJ

14 - Glenn
15 - Offahengaue
16 - Carrigan
17 - Flegler

Last edited:
I see foran mentioned a lot,I wonder would he want to move interstate away from his kids?

If Bird is leaving, we will need a fullback as well as a halfback signed in the off season. Isaako is soooo far away from ready for that, it's frightening.

1. Bird/Holmes
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Sezer/Dearden/Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. Joe O
17. TPJ

If I see this Round 1, I would be pretty much fully satisfied that we're back on track.

This is what I would also like to see except I have no faith in Coates being ready for first grade. I’d chose farnworth before him without a question. Otherwise Glenn gets another season in the centres and TPJ starts.

This is what I would also like to see except I have no faith in Coates being ready for first grade. I’d chose farnworth before him without a question. Otherwise Glenn gets another season in the centres and TPJ starts.

Glenn is no centre in my opinion. He needs to be in with the forwards leading them. His captaincy needs to be designed around leading the forwards into battle first then the rest of the team second. Whichever experienced head we sign to be in the halves can be in charge of the spine and backline.

Coates may not be ready, I don't know for certain, but you could argue that the likes of Dearden and Turpin weren't ready either and now they're in most peoples 17's

On current form, Foran appears to be a good option, BUT... He is pretty injury prone and from all reports, loose as ****..!
I would be fairly concerned about his influence on our young playmakers.
Especially with culture problems already visible.

from the players we currently have signed (or likely to re-sign) i would go with this for next year.

1. Milford
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Bird
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Glenn

14. Segeyaro (if he re-signs)/Paix if he doesn't
15. Pangai
16. Flegler/Carrigan
17. Ofahengaue

i'm not against swapping Bird and Milford, but I think Bird would be better in the front line

I'd also consider swapping Isaako and Farnworth, Isaako always want to come in, maybe it might be better trialing him at center

Glenn is no centre in my opinion. He needs to be in with the forwards leading them. His captaincy needs to be designed around leading the forwards into battle first then the rest of the team second. Whichever experienced head we sign to be in the halves can be in charge of the spine and backline.

Coates may not be ready, I don't know for certain, but you could argue that the likes of Dearden and Turpin weren't ready either and now they're in most peoples 17's

Yeah but those two capitalised on their opportunity, Turpin more than Dearden. Coates had a shot and was horrible outside of one exciting leaping try from a very well placed kick. Really really lost in defence. He needs another year or so to iron that part of his game out.

If we’re talking major overhaul with heaps of cuts and a strong focus on recruiting, I would
aim for something like this:

Cut/don’t re-sign: Boyd, Macca, Oates, Gillo, Bird, Isaako

Sign: Holmes, Townsend, Opacic, Gela-Mosby (will be cheap as he has no current contract. Showed a great deal of speed) or if you want experience and a full left field option - Krisnan Inu

1. Holmes
2. Farnworth
3. Opacic
4. Stagss
5. Gela-Mosby/Inu
6. Milford
7. Townsend
8. Lodge (c)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Seggy
15. Glenn
16. Offa
17. Flegler

Last edited:
1.Bird
2.Oates
3.Staggs
4.Coates
5.Issako
6.Milford
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Turpin
10.Lodge
11.Fifita
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Seggy
15.Offa
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler
There’s no place for Glenn in my side and Boyd and Macca need to hit the road.

Can we get Jimmy Maloney to backflip on his super league deal? Pay a transfer fee to his new club and just get him here. Not sure if a transfer fee would be added to the cap also.

Can we get Jimmy Maloney to backflip on his super league deal? Pay a transfer fee to his new club and just get him here. Not sure if a transfer fee would be added to the cap also.

I don't see the benefit in that, he's too old and is getting worse and worse every year in regards to his defense & discipline. If we're going to sign a Halfback from outside the system it should be someone who's under the age of 30, can control a team and is not a complete liability defensively. Townsend & Sezer are the only 2 realistic & affordable options I can think of that tick those boxes.

I don't see the benefit in that, he's too old and is getting worse and worse every year in regards to his defense & discipline. If we're going to sign a Halfback from outside the system it should be someone who's under the age of 30, can control a team and is not a complete liability defensively. Townsend & Sezer are the only 2 realistic & affordable options I can think of that tick those boxes.
To me Sezer is the best fit for this team.

His long kicking is excellent, his game management appears to have improved this year and he can provide some attacking benefit in the spine to ease pressure on Milford.

He's also older and therefore doesn't look like a road block to the young halves, unlike Croft who is also mentioned by the media.

Chad is basically an older version of Dearden with less upside in attack. Except Chad has proven to be ineffective in the kicking department and doesn't off a whole lot in attack compared to Johnson, Moylan and Graham, and Barba, Maloney and Graham before that. We don't have enough weapons to carry a Chad in the halves

The sharks fans are basically begging us to take him, which should tell you everything you need to know about how much he contributes, but if it doesn't below is a link to the official sharks forum and a Chad thread with 200+ pages.

Last edited:
from the players we currently have signed (or likely to re-sign) i would go with this for next year.

1. Milford
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Bird
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Glenn

14. Segeyaro (if he re-signs)/Paix if he doesn't
15. Pangai
16. Flegler/Carrigan
17. Ofahengaue

i'm not against swapping Bird and Milford, but I think Bird would be better in the front line

I'd also consider swapping Isaako and Farnworth, Isaako always want to come in, maybe it might be better trialing him at center
Yeah swap isaako and Farnsworth, isaako was a center in the lower grades.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.