OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Ollyroos on the verge of a huge win against Argentina currently up 1-0 with just over 25 left.

They have never beaten a South American team at the Olympics and have only played a South American team twice which happens to be Argentina in 2004 & 2008 which they lost 1-0.

Hopefully they can hold on.

How could they **** that up?!

2-on-1 with the keeper. That pass was shit.

Would've been a screamer if he got that, but looked like he could've released the left winger with no one in front of him

They basically had a 3v1 and then just the keeper to beat

Not sure he should have passed it TBH.

Decent effort from distance there.

Would've been a screamer if he got that, but looked like he could've released the left winger with no one in front of him

Yeah, he took the wrong option there.

Australia getting a lot of chances here to create something here.

Hopefully they can close this one out.

So what are the rules with soccer in the olympics.

They're like U23's or something, but there are limitations on how many professional players you can have isn't there??

First touch from the sub!!

C'mon Aussies!!

So what are the rules with soccer in the olympics.

They're like U23's or something, but there are limitations on how many professional players you can have isn't there??

I don't think there is provided they are within the age bracket. Teams are allowed to have a few over-age players.

However, because it's not recognized as a FIFA event, clubs are not obligated to release players.

**** I thought that was in watching it on TV.

Australia top of the group.

Huge win for them. That's going to give them a huge confidence boost.

What’s the go with the soccer? Olyroos not Socceroos? Is it a Jr. comp? Is it always a Jr. comp?

What’s the go with the soccer? Olyroos not Socceroos? Is it a Jr. comp? Is it always a Jr. comp?

Olyroos is the U23's side. Arzani played for the Socceroos in the 2018 World Cup.

Pretty sure it's been U23's since '92.

Olyroos is the U23's side. Arzani played for the Socceroos in the 2018 World Cup.

Pretty sure it's been U23's since '92.
Ah cool, I don’t know much about soccer. Beating Argentina is pretty good tho, I know that much haha

Also shoutout to the Matilda's beating New Zealand 2-1.

They take on Sweden next Saturday 6PM AEST.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • RodF
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • leon.bott
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.