SPOILER 2020 was a hiccup. Normal programming to resume today

I dont want to sound overtly "pie in the sky" optimistic but I think huge is right in that this squad was never a true wooden spoon squad. Yes they did under perform badly and they were led badly.
If things didn't change dramatically a wooden spoon would seem the logical conclusion given the nature of squad being weakened for talent.
But it was never about talent. It was about harnessing it. How many times a game would we put ourselves on the front foot to waste a fourth tackle play? How many times did we have defences on rack, only to kick it for a 20 metre tap, drop the ball, or squeeze the winger over the side line, releasing all the pressure. Often our opponents would then seize on our lack of concentration and counter-attack. Why? Because we lacked the concentration and experience to play the long game.
To understand defence is as important as attack and that every attacking play is potentially one you might end up tackling on.
Remember those games we'd trap our opponents down in a corner? Remember how much better we looked? And then we find a way to stuff it up.
We don't have to two cooper crooks who pick the right move every time, but we need that understanding too back each other up when things go wrong. To cover for each other. To know if Milford takes a dart on a 5th, another player follows who can finish it, either by backing up a pass or quickly putting in a strategic kick. That comes from halves and spine in general working as one.
If likewise our forwards are tired and theirs aren't, a risky play isn't always the best play, no matter how promising it might be. In those times you'd see a langer, Walters, or lockyer either take a ruck or kick for touch.
We finally have a bloke who understood all that and wasn't afraid to slow the game down if he needed.
He got it into their heads when he was an assistant. Now he is head coach he can drive home the message, with two experienced coaches (one a very underrated ex Nrl coach) to help him.
We have both ex forwards and ex halves to cover all the aspects of positional play.
I'm not saying we won't make mistakes and we won't lose games, but if we get a sniff of victory, we have the blokes to make our boys get the job done.
And after all that we still lose? 😯Well there's still the mighty bronco girls to show how its done 😁
Mate i like the positivity cos theres **** all of that around this club ...but i really dont think we have the guys that can commit 110% and get the job done.....ill be happy if we get 8+ wins considering the shit draw

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.