2021 Trial #1 - Broncos vs Wynnum Manly [LIVE STREAM]

So should just have done the same thing as South’s and not tried at all? Better to try and fail then not at all?
Looks like you’re starting to become ok with mediocrity, or whatever it is this club has been serving up for the last few years. Sorry for wanting to be better than other clubs both on and off the field.

So should just have done the same thing as South’s and not tried at all? Better to not do it than try and fail yeah?
Also it’s weird that this was your only option. Why isn’t the option “do the job properly” or something, because that’s obviously what I’d prefer?

Last edited:
Looks like you’re starting to become ok with mediocrity, or whatever it is this club has been serving up for the last few years. Sorry for wanting to be better than other clubs both on and off the field.
I’m not ok with mediocrity and want actual changes, I just couldn’t give a flying **** about the stream not working on their site but being available with commentary elsewhere.

Just because people don’t want to bitch and whinge about everything fucking thing with the club doesn’t mean they accept where things are or are happy with the club, keep upset with shit that actually matters.

Also it’s weird that this was your only option. Why isn’t the option “do the job properly” or something, because that’s obviously what I’d prefer?
Shit goes wrong with tech and websites, we still got to see the stream so why are you still bleating about it 2 days later?

I’m not ok with mediocrity and want actual changes, I just couldn’t give a flying **** about the stream not working on their site but being available with commentary elsewhere.

Just because people don’t want to bitch and whinge about everything fucking thing with the club doesn’t mean they accept where things are or are happy with the club, keep upset with shit that actually matters.
Cool, I literally said it’s fair for people to be frustrated but I see this is going to be another one of those times where the negativity is blown up to make it seem worse.

They should have got it right. People are allowed to be frustrated that we can’t get this shit right. We are supposed to be a professional club, at one point we were the most professional. Our media team constantly lets us down. Frustration is fair.

Shit goes wrong with tech and websites, we still got to see the stream so why are you still bleating about it 2 days later?
It’s a small part of the problem this club has had for years. Get the little shit right. Shit goes wrong with tech and websites every year for the Broncos trials, you’d think they’d try something different or something.
I got to watch the game so I don’t care, but people are within reason if they are frustrated at the club. It’s just another dumb error which is why it’s frustrating to me.

They still couldn’t get it right. We had to rely on a tech guy at Wynnum, the part time club that drew with us on the night by the way, to get the job done because we simply couldn’t do it. Glad we got to watch it, but the constant issues just keep coming and you should be able to understand why it’s frustrating that such a professional club can’t get things right.
"Professional club" is stretching the realms of credibility a bit far mate.

You’re all wrong, QRL did it and gave it to Wynnum and Broncos. For some reason Wynnum worked and Broncos didn’t. But it was a Q plus production.

Wynnum’s website one didn’t work either. It was on their livestream site. Another reason to push for a reserve grade comp. Fucking QRL

Well there you go, thanks for that 1910.

So QConnect couldn't get the stream to work via the bigpond media player but could get it to work via the facebook stream which the Broncos page telecasted.

Again maybe I'm just being a one-eyed sycophant, but on the whole I was happy with the coverage.

And again, people are within their rights to be frustrated with another thing just not working at the Broncos.

Slightly different take on it here but we could look at it as being seperate to KW and the boys. I mean the professionalism of the club aside, we can't blame KW and it doesn't mean the important part isn't being perfectly handled.

Truthfully I'd think that a business like ours, as a leader in the field should set 'the standard'. Two people and a bit of relatively inexpensive quality tech plus a remote bit of online support can be organized easily, even by just a few friends and quality footage obtained.

It isn't all that hard these days. It doesn't even have to be live, it can be delayed a little and rough edited on the run remotely. They might even think about elevating the camera !

The QRL, do they have a say about filming their clubs and internet broadcast?

Well there you go, thanks for that 1910.

So QConnect couldn't get the stream to work via the bigpond media player but could get it to work via the facebook stream which the Broncos page telecasted.

Again maybe I'm just being a one-eyed sycophant, but on the whole I was happy with the coverage.

I feel like you’ve missed the point. I’ll say it again, if it was a once off, fine it happens. But this has happened year in and year out.

You also mentioned other clubs didn’t bother and this is true. Some clubs however even had them on Kayo, the same channel that just ran ‘Broncos week’ funnily enough.

Look at Tripp going off his nut for the Storm and going on about the non-compete clauses in Donut’s and Bellyache’s contracts. It’s ridiculous but that is totally not the point, the point is they were smart and got the little details right, whether it would hold up in court or not.

We couldn’t even get a performance clause inserted into an already ridiculous contract. We hand out players on loan and spruik them as being released and then get them back busted. Who else does that?

We hand out player options to guys on a whim and inflate contracts to others simply cos. We let go off rep players and replace them with numpties and somehow still have little salary cap left. We let our elite kids become available when they should already be locked up. Do you see the best clubs doing this and if they do is it regularly the case?

Do you see other clubs failing to stream trials like they say they will years in a row? How can the club on its own website not even have the right details on its squad?? How can it not be updated regularly?

In a year of Covid where good people were let go, how did the IT guy/team remain? How can he/she not do a better job than a high school student could?

The point, to be clear is, it is just another stuff up in a long line of stuff ups. There is clearly no plan to work to. Professional organisations should have a process map to follow and if something doesn’t work, fix the timings of when to do it next year to make sure the same problem doesn’t happen again and again. Yet here we are.

Last edited:
You’re all wrong, QRL did it and gave it to Wynnum and Broncos. For some reason Wynnum worked and Broncos didn’t. But it was a Q plus production.
Facts only work when they support your agenda :)

I feel like you’ve missed the point. I’ll say it again, if it was a once off, fine it happens. But this has happened year in and year out.

You also mentioned other clubs didn’t bother and this is true. Some clubs however even had them on Kayo, the same channel that just ran ‘Broncos week’ funnily enough.

Look at Tripp going off his nut for the Storm and going on about the non-compete clauses in Donut’s and Bellyache’s contracts. It’s ridiculous but that is totally not the point, the point is they were smart and got the little details right, whether it would hold up in court or not.

We couldn’t even get a performance clause inserted into an already ridiculous contract. We hand out players on loan and spruik them as being released and then get them back busted. Who else does that?

We hand out player options to guys on a whim and inflate contracts to others simply cos. We let go off rep players and replace them with numpties and somehow still have little salary cap left. We let our elite kids become available when they should already be locked up. Do you see the best clubs doing this and if they do is it regularly the case?

Do you see other clubs failing to stream trials like they say they will years in a row? How can the club on its own website not even have the right details on its squad?? How can it not be updated regularly?

In a year of Covid where good people were let go, how did the IT guy/team remain? How can he/she not do a better job than a high school student could?

The point, to be clear is, it is just another stuff up in a long line of stuff ups. There is clearly no plan to work to. Professional organisations should have a process map to follow and if something doesn’t work, fix the timings of when to do it next year to make sure the same problem doesn’t happen again and again. Yet here we are.
They could've at least provided a link to a working stream. It really isn't much to ask given they promoted it, and we were all sitting there waiting for it to appear.

They could've at least provided a link to a working stream. It really isn't much to ask given they promoted it, and we were all sitting there waiting for it to appear.
If you followed their socials you would have been informed.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.