PLAYER Corey Oates

This is the biggest thing for mine and possibly something that got lost in translation when you criticised him. Although I certainly remember a few times where you were critical of him being a ball hog and not throwing the pass when I thought the pass simply wasn't on. I genuinely think he was...I don't want to say clueless on how to do it, maybe just not confident? I'm glad it got called out either way because it's obviously something he started working on.
At the start of the last season I wanted him to stay on the wing, and Selwyn to play centre. Criticism withstanding I was probably wrong about that. He's growing into the centre position, and should make it his own. Another year on the wing wouldn't hurt Selwyn either.

Kotoni is not exactly a master of setting up the winger or slick passing either .

Ole Brenko showed how that is executed more than once last year .

I felt bad for Selwyn when people were bagging him for going into touch . Not all of it was his fault .
I’d almost dare to say that what Staggs does is worse. He hogs it until the play is almost dead and then forces a hero pass that either ends in a knock on or the ball going over the sideline . Herbie has a run first approach but at least he usually steps back inside and takes the tackle.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Griffo
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.