POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 2] NSW vs QLD

i recall petro knocking someone out with one of his thighs not sure if it was in origin or a club game tho

I'm still convinced it was Brett White in Origin. I've probably convinced myself of something that didnt happen!

Bit off topic, but i was having a bit of a debate today with a grubby blue and i was certain before a state of origin game former Storm grub Brett White was giving a few verbals to Petero in the press and they he pretty much got knocked out when he tried to tackle Petero, or at least he was very groggy after it. Did i imagine this or did it happen, i'm certain it did but i cant find anything to back it up.

He called the Broncos pack soft before the Game 1 match in ‘07. He said they barely hurt him when Broncos played Storm earlier in the year.

First hit up, Petero and Carroll smash him and Carroll hits him high and breaks his nose. That was his night over.

He didn’t say stupid shit like that before an Origin game again.

He called the Broncos pack soft before the Game 1 match in ‘07. He said they barely hurt him when Broncos played Storm earlier in the year.

First hit up, Petero and Carroll smash him and Carroll hits him high and breaks his nose. That was his night over.

Thats the one.

Bit off topic, but i was having a bit of a debate today with a grubby blue and i was certain before a state of origin game former Storm grub Brett White was giving a few verbals to Petero in the press and they he pretty much got knocked out when he tried to tackle Petero, or at least he was very groggy after it. Did i imagine this or did it happen, i'm certain it did but i cant find anything to back it up.

You may have found another Mandela Effect moment.

I have a vague recollection of White planting his feet and getting steamrolled by Civo. I'd like to think it was Game I 2007 but I haven't watched that game in over a decade at this point.

I'm still picturing another moment but that could be it as well. My memory is Civoniceiva running towards the Northern End roughly 30-40m out from his own line, White is on his heels and just gets bulldozed over. The way I remember it, we got a replay from White's perspective where he just gets bowled over.

I just remember that Broncos/Storm game being one of the most low quality entertaining games. So many errors by both teams but so much happening as well. Brisbane also copped a colossal square up with one of the Storm tries clearly being a knock-on. Then they received a similar call in the follow-up game when the Broncos were fielding a bunch of Dolphins players.

I'm still picturing another moment but that could be it as well. My memory is Civoniceiva running towards the Northern End roughly 30-40m out from his own line, White is on his heels and just gets bulldozed over. The way I remember it, we got a replay from White's perspective where he just gets bowled over.

I just remember that Broncos/Storm game being one of the most low quality entertaining games. So many errors by both teams but so much happening as well. Brisbane also copped a colossal square up with one of the Storm tries clearly being a knock-on. Then they received a similar call in the follow-up game when the Broncos were fielding a bunch of Dolphins players.

I can remember now Carroll hitting im across his nose with his arm, but i'll have to go and have a look to see what happened.

I can remember now Carroll hitting im across his nose with his arm, but i'll have to go and have a look to see what happened.

It was actually Dallas Johnson who rocks him in the tackle and TC comes in with a swinging arm as White drops in the tackle.

I've done a quick cursory look through the 2007 series and nothing matches up with my memory.

It was actually Dallas Johnson who rocks him in the tackle and TC comes in with a swinging arm as White drops in the tackle.

I've done a quick cursory look through the 2007 series and nothing matches up with my memory.

That was the incident. I'm still sure something happened with Petero and White, but it clearly wasnt the origin game!

Father time catches up with all of us Peter.......

Don't feel too bad. 😉

Could it be you're thinking of his hit on Leroyd-Lahrs in Game 1 2010 when Leyord-Lahrs is taking a hit up about 40 out from QLD's line and Petero just smashes him and puts him on his ass?

Pretty sure there was also one in Game 2 2006 when Petero puts O'Meley on his ass, as well.

Forgot it was Johnson and not Petero.

Carroll went after anyone Melbourne in that game. He smashed Matt King, as well. That comment from White fired him up. It was like pissing off a bull, it wasn't going to end well for him.

Could it be you're thinking of his hit on Leroyd-Lahrs in Game 1 2010 when Leyord-Lahrs is taking a hit up about 40 out from QLD's line and Petero just smashes him and puts him on his ass?

Pretty sure there was also one in Game 2 2006 when Petero puts O'Meley on his ass, as well.

It could be O'Meley.

I just remember Petero steamrolling somebody so bad that it was like that infamous Monty Betham incident.

As far as White, Game I 07 is most likely the incident I'm thinking of. It takes part on the exact part of the field I was thinking of.

For the record, I ended up skim-watching every Civo-White Origin clash and even the Round 8 2007 game just to find an answer for Wolfie. None fit the bill but it's worth noting that the Broncos did hit White with a blatant high shot in the opening game. Civo also made it a point to offload in his opening two runs against White just to make him seem ineffective.

That was actually a cracking game. Origin esque atmosphere and quality footy from both teams.

The prevailing memory I have of Civo, which I'm quite sure isn't made up, was him being hit in the head by a swinging arm. The "tackler" broke his arm on Civo's head, and Civo kept playing. Think it was vs Warriors.

The prevailing memory I have of Civo, which I'm quite sure isn't made up, was him being hit in the head by a swinging arm. The "tackler" broke his arm on Civo's head, and Civo kept playing. Think it was vs Warriors.
Petro vs Bryce Gibbs.

Gibbs was confusing being a grub for a hard nut. Petro fixed that

Cam Smith still playing the ref, this time via the media:

Cam Smith says:

“I am hoping (he isn’t influenced). I don’t think he will be,” he said.

“Ashley Klein is a wonderful referee and there is a reason why he’s been given the job to officiate both games of the series. He is a wonderful referee and has been for a long time.

“I thought he did a great job in game one. He let the players play the game, he didn’t try to have too much of an impact on the match. That’s great for players and fans, to see the open style of football.

“There was a little bit spoken about the ruck speed and it was mentioned Queensland got away with a little bit in the ruck, but the numbers show there was very little difference.

“It was a matter of 0.2 of a second (advantage to Queensland). Visually, sometimes you can think a lot different to what the numbers show.

“As far as we’re concerned, we’re going to play a similar style to game one and hopefully that will be good enough.”

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.