POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game I] NSW vs QLD

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
No changes for either side. Game is sold out.

NSW will win this one. They are very hard to beat at home.

The next two games is where we get them.

NSW will win this one.

The next two games is where we get them.
Hard to say. I think Wighton and Staggs will have shockers tbh. Wighton is a poor defender at centre and I can see Staggs over playing his hand. I think Coates was a poor choice by Slater, can see a few tries slipping in on his edge.

Keen to see what Billy slater can do as coach. Will be massive for Qld to win game 1

Hard to say. I think Wighton and Staggs will have shockers tbh. Wighton is a poor defender at centre and I can see Staggs over playing his hand. I think Coates was a poor choice by Slater, can see a few tries slipping in on his edge.

I think Staggs issue could be his lack of involvement if he doesn't get good ball. If he gets it, he is probably going to have a stormer, but he wont roam around and cause the type of damage Turbo and Latrell were doing.

I think Staggs issue could be his lack of involvement if he doesn't get good ball. If he gets it, he is probably going to have a stormer, but he wont roam around and cause the type of damage Turbo and Latrell were doing.
I’m hoping it’s a combination of both

NSW team selection meeting.

Fittler - I don’t care who we get, but my left centre has to have a surname that rhymes with Triton. Number 3 represents the number of spikes on his trident.

Jack Wighton - I’m here for you Freddy, got you covered mate.

Fittler - Thanks Jack, you’re in.

Stephen Crichton - But Freddy, I fit the brief and I play number three for my club.

Fittler - Uh… yeah… I’ll put you at 14 mate, 4-1 is 3 so it’s practically the same thing.

Angus Crichton - What about me Freddy?

Fittler - Shut up Angus, nobody wants you here.

Just want Cobbo to have a safe game, come out of it feeling like he did his job and belongs

I think a big key to this game is where Munster is getting the ball and how Cherry goes in general play.

Can recall last year we pretty well sent 95% of our attack to the left and Munster parked himself on that edge. It was too predictable and when Munster finally popped up on the right he made a break, but it was already too late.

We need to give Munster freedom to work around the field and attack both edges.

Cherry should be the man in the middle just getting the ball out to Munster and Ponga when they need it... doesn't need to overplay his hand.

Was half expecting them to run out into the wrong stadium

Red Rooster dinner looks to be delivered in time to miss the anthems thankfully

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.